[MECH/FUN] BinarySkates 0.3.3 - Skate on Ice! (with Hockey/Fights now!) [670-1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Binaryclock, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Binaryclock

WE HAVE MOVED TO NEW THE BUKKIT PLUGIN DEVELOPMENT SITE:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/binaryskates-skating-hockey/

BinarySkates - Allow players to skate on ice using a configurable type of boot and holding down the SNEAK button (usually SHIFT.) You can configure the speed of the skating, the type of boot that will simulate skates, and even the delay in between "leg pumps." New in 0.2.0 onwards, you can now play hockey! Read below for more information.

**Celebrating no changes needed between bukkit updates and no bugs in three (6) months **

Version: v0.3.3 - Compiled against RB 1337 (works and tested with 670 to 1337)

Downloads:

Detailed Description

The plugin is heavily configurable. You can configure which items allow the user to skate, such as 317 which is gold boots, or you can configure the delay in between "leg pumps," and even configure the amount of power each leg pump delivers. You can skate by holding down the sneak key (usually SHIFT.)

New in 0.2.0 you can now play hockey! Make sure to re-download the .zip and use the new skates.config file. You don't need to as the plugin will use the defaults if no values are specified, but at least it will let you tweak values if you get the new config file.

Features:

All features can be enabled/disabled using the configuration file as I believe strongly in user configuration and customization.
    • Allow players to skate on the ice!
    • Configure which type of boot allows skating.
    • Configure the delay and power between leg pumps (overall speed.)
    • Play hockey with your friends!

Hockey HOWTO:

1. Make sure you have the updated version of the skates.config file! Download the new .zip!
    2. Edit your skates.config file to see the items that can be used as a puck. Defaults are the following:
    • Green disk (2257)
    • Gold disk (2256)
    • Cookie (357)
    • Slimeball (341)
    • Snowball (332)
    • Iron Ingot (265)
    3. Enter the game and put one of the puck items in your hand.
    4. Type /bs drop (to drop the puck). That puck is now registered as a puck and people cannot pick it up unless carrying the puck in a hockey game.
    5. Put a "stick" in your hand. By default the hockey stick to be used is a normal stick (id: 280)
    6. When you don't have the puck the following commands apply:
    • Left-click is slap-shot (when puck is in range)
    • Right-click picks the puck up so you can carry the puck (your head will change to a pumpkin head so others know you have the puck)
    • Left-click is body check. Make sure to body check the pumpkin-heads to make them drop the puck!
    7. When you have the puck the following commands apply:
    • Left-click is slap-shot
    • Right-click is pass (slower shot)
    8. At any time, the person who originally dropped the puck can type /bs summon to summon the pick back to their hand for a face-off of just puck recovery.
    9. Have fun :)

To Fight in Hockey:

You can fight in hockey and not kill the other person. All you have to do is make sure your target is wearing gold boots, is on ice, and has nothing in his/her hands. You also have to have nothing in your hands. Once you both have fists on the ice and wearing gold boots, have at it! You will get them low on HP but it won't kill them. Knock the other guy out to get the advantage!

Permissions Support:

No permissions support yet, but will be shortly.

Changelog:

Version 0.3.2
    • Compiled against RB 953.
    Back Versions (open)

Version 0.3.1
    • Added hockey fighting!!
    • Added many more configurable options in the skates.config file
    • Default puck carrier head block is a sponge now. You can change this in skates.config if you wish
    Version 0.2.0
    • Added hockey functions!
    • New /bs command. Type /bs in game to see the sub-commands. The important ones are /bs drop to drop the puck in your hand, and /bs summon to summon the puck back to your hand.
    Version 0.1.2
    • Fix to remove dependency on a worldedit object.
    • Changed default value of speedfactor from 0.66 to 1.0.
    Version 0.1.1
    • Compiled against 677
    • Initial plugin release to the public.

Troubleshooting and Support

Any questions, comments, or bug reports please post in this thread and include:
    • Bukkit Version: <version>
    • BinarySkates Plugin Version: <version>
    • BinarySkates skates.config file, pasted to http://pastie.org

Still Not Sold?

If you would like to see this plugin in action, visit my minecraft server Thunderdome. The address is: thunderdome-mc.com

Hope you enjoy it :)

Undrtakr, kahlilnc, iPeace and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

Archaic44

very awesome. My friends and I have been testing it and enjoy skating around a lot. Would there be any way to have like a hockey puck and stick in game too?

3. Offline

Binaryclock

I've been testing this on my server tonight as well. I suggest turning the speedfactor up to 1.1 and keep the delay at 600. Man you go quick :)

Concerning the puck, I have been tossing ideas around in my head to try to figure how I'd go about it. The best possible way would be to use a item such an an iron ingot, but I don't know if I could control the client picking the ingot up when he/she tries to hit it with a stick as the auto-pickup may be client side controlled. I'm going to try to code it now and see what I can come up with.

I have the puck working, and it's pretty awesome. Been playing hockey for the last few hours with like 10 people. There are a few issues I'll have to work out before releasing it though. Right now I have it set that if you use a stick and right-click, it does a slap shot. I'm working on some methods that allow you to do short passes, and even carry the puck/receive bodychecks, etc. Just thought I'd drop you a line to let you know it is possible, and I'll release a hockey version tomorrow.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  4. Offline

RazorFlint

Haha Cool Testing now looks good :D

5. Offline

Binaryclock

Let me know if you find any issues. None have been reported as of yet. I'll have the puck/hockey update done tonight.

6. Offline

picro

can you post some pics

7. Offline

gilbz

will download install and use as soon as the hockey update comes out! will wait until then though overwise i may get overexcitied :D :D, ideal for our survival vity in building where users spend a bit of time befo heading off and doing quests :D thanks

8. Offline

Binaryclock

Hehe the hockey portion is pretty fun. I'll see if I can get it finished off with at least some beta version of it tonight.

9. Offline

Jimmy

Show Spoiler
    18:41:00 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to BinarySkates
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sk89q/worldedit/blocks/BlockType
    at com.binaryskates.BSPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(BSPlayerListener.java:
    31)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:240)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:128)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

Help please :(

10. Offline

Siberiac

I can't get the plugin to work on my server, i have it all installed, but i can't seem to get sliding on the ice, even after changing speed variables and such

11. Offline

Binaryclock

Jimmy:

Thank you for your report. I see the issue. I had an object in there that was part of WorldEdit. I will make the change now so that you will not require worldedit libraries to run this mod as this was an oversight by my part, which is rare :)

Please get the updated version: BinarySkates v0.1.2

12. Offline

xorvious

Hi, I just came here to report the same error I believe Jimmy was having. So I downloaded the 0.1.2 file you have posted and it does the same thing, it also is the same size and reports itself as 0.1.1 on startup, am I missing something? Thanks, this looks fun!

13. Offline

Binaryclock

Odd. I just erased my BinarySkates.jar plugin in my plugins folder and clicked on the download link (I tried jar and zip) and put it back in my plugins folder from the download link.

Both loaded up and reported:

19:43:03 [INFO] BS [o] Opening skates.config file...
    19:43:03 [INFO] BS [o] Loading BinarySkates v0.1.2

Can you please double check to see if you properly replaced your version with the downloaded version 0.1.2? If so, please double check in your startup in console what the reported version is.

Thanks

Try downloading again right now, I just deleted the files from the download location and re-added them.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

xorvious

I don't know whats going on, I downloaded the file from your update post and from the first post, flushed my cache, reloaded the page and im still ending up with the same file. Same CRC, modified date and size.

Code:
    2011-04-15 18:57:17 [INFO] BS [o] Opening skates.config file...
    2011-04-15 18:57:17 [INFO] BS [o] Loading BinarySkates v0.1.1
    Strange....

EDIT;
    Ok got it! The only file that is 1.2 is the JAR only, I was downloading the zip. Now it says 1.2 in the log. Now to see if it works!

EDIT2;
    Works great, thanks!

15. Offline

Binaryclock

Both jar and zip both work and report 0.1.2 for me. No matter, as long as you have the correct version now :)

So does it work? So many posts about not working and nothing about working :) I guess no news is good news in the support business :)

16. Offline

xorvious

Thats what I tell all my customers!
    I edited my post to say it worked great! Now just need snow back and it will be a winter extravaganza :cool:

17. Offline

Binaryclock

Great to hear! The best part about coding is listening to the good comments and people enjoying the plugin.

18. Offline

Zerco

It works great and is quite fun and useful for getting across those frozen areas. Although, after changing it to 1000 (because... why not...) and reloading it had some issues, they seemed to carry over when I lowered it back down (using /reloadall) to 100, 50, 10 (still why not...). It seemed that when it did work (which was rarely) it only shot you in the North, South, East, West direction you were closes to facing, no SW/SE/etc.

19. Offline

Archaic44

We are lovin it too. Just waiting for the hockey!
    Maybe a skateboarding or something would be cool too ;) i remember that hoverboard mod on Gmod was a hit for a long time.

20. Offline

Binaryclock

10 is still extremely high for a speed value. It should be around 1.0, or 1.2.. maybe 2. I've never tried it above 1.5 :) What you did is the classic episode in Star Trek when he yells down to Engineering "We need more power!" and engineering replies "But we're at maximum warp!" "I don't care - give me maorrrr!!" System failure :p

21. Offline

Jorden

You are a god. Seriously. I love you. Just.... I love you.

Edit: No-homo...

22. Offline

Binaryclock

:) Thanks so much for the comments. I get my inspiration when I hear people having fun.

23. Offline

Moridar

How close are we to hockey release... I wanna play hockey!

24. Offline

Binaryclock

Sigh, alas it won't be done tonight. Had too many real life things to do and now I'm extremely tired (long grueling at day work.) I'll be getting up fresh in the morning to finish this off.

25. Offline

Zerco

Well after playing with it on 1.5 (this being the first time I used it) I quickly switched to 100 in the config and reloaded. I slowly waddled (sneaked) out onto the ice from a snowly piece of land. After making it completely off the snow I was rocketed foward, in my elation I released shift and shot off the ice shelf I was on and ended up at the bottom of the ocean in shiny gold boots. Completely worth it either way.

26. Offline

baunegaard

Really looking forward to the hockey release :)

Jorden and gilbz like this.
  27. Offline

eateren

Would it be possible to make the player "fall on their butt" if they mis time the pumps? Possibly a complete stop and time delay before moving if they pump before the timer resets?

Just a suggestion! Love the plugin!

28. Offline

Moridar

OK binary, let me know when it comes out. This will guaranteed be on my server. And my policy is that any extra donations our server gets, we give to plugin developers... and you can bet you are at the top of my list.

29. Offline

Binaryclock

I'm working on it right now. At first I was just going to release it in sort of a beta state. But today I figured I'd just sit down and do it right the first time... It's really coming out well. I've got it so you can define what can be used as a stick, a puck.. users can register pucks.. users can "drop" pucks like a referee... slap shots work. I'm just working on "carrying the puck" right now and body-checks to make people cough the puck up. After that it's pretty much ready to go. I've got a lot more I want to add such as nets that register scores and red-stone torches that act as sirens with musical boxes, but that'll be tomorrow or Monday.

Look for it tonight..

30. Offline

Moridar

Thank you so much. You know I will. So question... When you carry the puck, will it be in front of you, or in your inventory? And if it is in your inventory, how will other users know who has the puck?