[INACTIVE][MECH] Gate v0.1 - half-door gates for fences [453]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Caseus, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Caseus

Gate - half-door gates for fences:
    Version: v0.1
    When a fence is placed next to a wooden door, the top of the door disappears, giving a reasonably nice gate. When all fences next to the gate are destroyed, it returns to standard door form.

How to use:
    1. Place a door.
    2. Place a fence next to the door.
    3. Your door is now a gate.
    4. Remove all fences next to the door.
    5. Your gate is now a door again.

Screenshots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Caveats
    • Placing a door next to a fence does nothing. The door must be placed first, then the fence.
    • BlockPhysicsEvents are cancelled on gates, in order to keep them from self-destructing. I'm not sure what, if any, incompatibilities this may cause with other plugins.
    • Fence destruction is checked by BlockDamageLevel.STOPPED. It seems like this should be BlockDamageLevel.BROKEN, but that wasn't working and this is.
    • A gate is one block tall. Not as much protection is provided as from a fence or door.
    Download
    Source Code

Changelog: Version 0.1
    • Releasing my awesome plugin

2. Offline

Juze

Pictures, maybe? Sounds confusing.

3. Cool plugin, but the Mobs and I can jump over the door, so it's a little bit useless for a gate.

4. Offline

Caseus

Screenshots added.

Aye, not a good choice when you need protection, but a nice option otherwise, especially on servers without monsters. Regular doors do look pretty awkward in fences :D

5. Offline

Juze

Yeah, it's a nice plugin, but I can do it without this plugin too. Just some sand and cactus to split the door, and I will also get a spare door at the same time, saving 6 wood, instead of wasting it on this plugin. :) Some people may not even want this in every case.

6. Offline

nixtrus

Next time I'm relaxing at the art gallery, and a creeper hops the gate, I'll remember that it's the "nice option." :)

7. Offline

Bjourk

Is there a way to change it to 3/4 of a door? It would be much more useful if it had the same non-jumpable dimensions as fences do.

8. Offline

kaasinees

does it work for 766?