[INACTIVE] [MECH] MantraWeather v0.3 - Weather management [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Denney, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Denney

Update (21.11.11): Sorry for the absence. I've been busy with other things lately and Minecraft has taken a back seat. Now that 1.0 is out and Bukkit soon to follow, I intend to get back to these plugins. For now though, I've removed the downloads but the source is still available at GitHub for the time being for anyone who wants it. I probably won't update this thread any more because of the move to BukkitDev.

Version: v0.3 (31.08.11)
    Compatible Bukkit: RB #1060

Description:
    Lightweight weather management. Simple commands to start and stop rain and storms.

Requirements:
    • Bukkit SuperPerms permissions manager (I recommend the official PermissionsBukkit plugin [forum link])
    • OR Permissions v3 plugin. Support for Permissions v3 will be removed once it breaks. This provides server administrators time to merge over to Bukkit permissions.
    Links:
    Commands:
    Show Spoiler

/weather sunny - Set weather of the current world to sunny.
    /weather rainy - Set weather of the current world to rainy.
    /weather stormy - Set weather of the current world to stormy.

Permissions:
    Show Spoiler

mantraweather.weather - Allows usage of the /weather command.

Changelog:
    Version 0.3 (31.08.11):
    • Fixed Permissions v3 support (fixes internal server error).
    Version 0.2:
    • Added support for SuperPerms.
    • Added license.
    Version 0.1:
    • Initial public release.

_LB likes this.
  2. Offline

noahwhygodwhy

first things first, FIRST COMMENT!
    now then, i saw that you made a couple of other plugins, mantra something or other, and i was thinking that you might want to keep it all on one page and maybe do one of those all around plugins, like essentials, or something like that, cause essentials isn't quite working for me, and i've been looking for something else

3. Offline

Denney

I was considering that but I like my plugins to do one thing each and one thing well. It also makes them easy to update and if one has a problem, I don't have to disable the entire pack.

I wonder if the mods would allow me to put all my plugins on one page though... Might make it a little hard to keep people updated though.

Edit: Essentials never worked completely for me either and I was annoyed that I couldn't just disable all the stuff that didn't work and only use some of the stuff that did. That's sorta why I kept these plugins split up.

4. Offline

TNOMCat

Lol there is so many weather control plugins...

5. Offline

_LB

I like the simplicity of this one - all the others are over complicated. With this you have simple per-world sunny/rainy/stormy weather control, and build 1000 support. Best weather plugin ever :)

6. Offline

Denney

I'm glad you like it! The whole point of my plugins are to keep things quick, simple and to the point.

7. Offline

_LB

Are you going to support the built-in bukket permissions system for 0.2? :)

8. Offline

Denney

I'd love to reduce my reliance on the Permissions plugin but I need to learn a bit more about how Bukkit permissions work. From what I know at the moment, it doesn't replace what the Permissions plugin can do yet.

9. This is what I have for worldGuard plugin, adding this on top of that won't work.

I am new to all of this, any suggestions?

10. Offline

Denney

My WorldGuard config looks like this and it works. Try changing some of the settings and see what happens:

Code:
    weather:
        always-raining: false
        disable-powered-creepers: false
        disable-weather: false
        disable-lightning-strike-fire: false
        always-thundering: false
        prevent-lightning-strike-blocks: []
        disable-thunderstorm: false
        disable-pig-zombification: false

11. Offline

WindTag

Is there any chance you could make this not rely on Permissions? Installing it might require me to reconfigure all of my plugins that support Permissions and I have no interest in permissions since my server is private and white-listed.

This is the only weather mod I found that still works / isn't with WorldEdit (Because none of that guy's plugins work for me, I'm not sure why.)

12. Offline

Denney

It's my intention to rewrite all my plugins to implement the built in Bukkit permissions sometime in the near future.

13. Offline

Jdsdude

How do i install this plugin? im new to all this, normally its a jar and a file i drag in, what do i do with this?
    like the meta inf and the net files?

14. Offline

Denney

Your using Bukkit right? If so, just drop the jar file into the plugins folder like any other plugin.

15. Offline

Jdsdude

Yea im using bukkit. Idk when i download with winrar it gives me a folder with Meta-Inf Net and a Readme and a yml called Plugin... honestly looks like the inside of the jar itself. but going up a layer take me to the zipped file

EDIT: upon further inspection, the files its giving me are actually the "innards of a jar file" but i cant get the jar file itself.

16. Offline

Denney

It is the jar file! WinRAR will open jar files as though they're archives. There are no extra files included with my releases. Just place the file you downloaded into the plugins folder.

17. Offline

Jdsdude

like the actual zip file? cuz otherwise there really is no jar. its a zipped file.

18. Offline

Denney

If you download the file via the link in the first post, you'll see it's called "MantraWeather.jar". Save it as a .jar file and put it into the plugins folder.

I can guarantee that it works and it is a jar file. I've had almost 1000 downloads on this file and no one else has had any issues.

19. Offline

Thomas211

doesn't seem to work for me. I have the permissions set and everything and it doesn't work in game, yet it doesn't say unknown console command. In the terminal console if I enter weather sunny it says it must be used in game...

20. Offline

Denney

What other plugins do you run? Maybe one of those has the weather command defined.

21. Offline

Thomas211

Figured it out. I thought it worked for OP's, but its an admin command. Put it in the admin list and now it works :p

22. Offline

Denney

I've now added Built-in Bukkit permissions support. No more reliance on the Permissions plugin.

23. Offline

Farmoranka

When I use it ingame I get "An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command". What do I do wrong (it's probably something simple, I'm a complete noob when it comes to this). I have no other plugins.

24. Offline

Denney

Do you have permissions setup?

Edit: Actually, that shouldn't matter. You just shouldn't be able to use the command.

So you just have MantraWeather installed and no other plugins on your server correct?

25. Offline

Farmoranka

Correct.

26. Offline

Denney

Hmmm. I'm not sure I can help you without some more about the error...

I've never experienced that error myself.

27. Offline

Farmoranka

:/
    Now I tried the Mantra-Spawn plugin and got the exact same error. Too bad, the plugins seemed nice.

28. Offline

Denney

Are you using the latest CraftBukkit? Do you have permissions setup? Are there any errors in the console? What about errors in the console when you start the server?

Do plugins from other developers work?

I want to help you but I need a bit more information.

Out of the 180 odd downloads I've had of v0.2 already, does anyone else have the "An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command" error?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  29. Offline

Birgerh

30. Offline

Denney

Can anyone give me a little more information on what's happening (configurations, other plugins, permissions usage, etc) because I can't reproduce the bug, even with a stock Bukkit #1060 and just MantraWeather.