[MECH] PumpkinDiver [v0.16] [400-1240]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Afforess

Pumpkin Diver
    Features:
    • Wearing a pumpkin helmet extends the time allowed under water by 10x the normal length.
    • Chat prompt alerting users of air remaining at each 10% when wearing pumpkin helmet.
    • No Commands
    • No Configuration
    • No Permissions
    • No Hassle
    Known Issues:
    • Bubble GUI does not update correctly unless you use the Spoutcraft mod.
    Download Here
    Source Code

ChangeLog:
    • Version 0.10
      • Initial Release
    • Version 0.11
      • Fixed issues with air remaining chat prompt not firing 100% of the time
      • Improved efficiency by ~ 350%
    • Version 0.12
      • Fixed a rare null pointer exception when a player teleports in-between worlds.
    • Version 0.13
      • Conformed to meet Bukkit code naming standards
    • Version 0.14
      • Conformed to meet Bukkit code standards
      • Plugin Properly shuts down when disabled.
    • Version 0.15
      • Bug Fixes
    • Version 0.16
      • Minor enhancements/fixes
    Guide to Adding a Custom Pumpkin Helmet Texture to your client
    (Easy to do and totally safe!)
    • Find the pumpkinblur.png you want to use. I recommend this one by Glimmar.
    • Download it onto your desktop or some place you can remember.
    • Find your minecraft folder (in Windows it's C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin).
    • Open the minecraft.jar with winrar or 7z.
    • Navigate to the misc folder.
    • Drag the pumpkinblur.png you downloaded earlier over the existing one in the misc folder. Accept the prompt that asks you to overwrite it.
    • Close winrar or 7z.
    • Launch Minecraft, go to a server, and put on a pumpkin to see your custom helmet!
    Changed your mind, and want to go back to the old one? Go back the the minecraft folder and delete the "version" file. This will force minecraft to update when you launch it next time, and revert to the default textures.

2. Offline

Seta

i love you man xD

3. Offline

Xemnas33

Woo! Go Afforess! Unfortunately I would like a may to limit this so people don't have access right from the start.

4. Offline

lostaris

QQ I was going to do something like this.

Much needed, its a bitch hunting squid as they like to be in really deep water.

5. Offline

Afforess

When Bukkit comes out with their own permissions, I'll be sure to add that in.

6. Offline

Xemnas33

Awesome thanks! :)

7. Offline

Afforess

Updated to to v0.11

Changelog on OP.

8. Offline

ursa_arcadius

Awesome idea! I will be sure to test it out.

9. Offline

Pencil

It would be awesome to add a durability, or make the 100% air only one time, as in it doesn't refill when you go out of the water. It's a bit too op atm :p But great job!

10. Offline

Afforess

Durability, Or anything else would be impossible because you could just stick the pumpkin back into a stack of pumpkins, and I'd have no way of keeping the data straight.

I realize it's a tad op, but doing anything underwater takes bloody forever, and the pumpkin obscures your vision.

11. Offline

Phaedrus

Love it. Keep up the awesome work Afforess!

12. Offline

nossr50

Pumpkin Diver... been down too long in the midnight sea...

Neat idea

13. Offline

ursa_arcadius

Wow I can't see crap when underwater with a pumpkin on. Still easier than having to go up every other second!

14. Offline

Afforess

The pumpkin helmet visibility is actually a texture, so a texture pack could alter it to look like a real diving helmet.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 4:35 AM ---
    Just an update, this plugin should work fine with the new multiworld update. The thread title doesn't lie, 210+.

15. Offline

feverdream

@Afforess
    You sir are one of the few people I can honestly say actually deserves your Wizard avatar.

16. Offline

Kyrah

Neat! can we have the sourcecode? or at least a way to set the block that has the diver effect? (we use the hat mod on our server and would love to have this effect on the glass block)

17. Offline

Afforess

Not at a computer ATM, but I can publish the source on github in 3 hours or so.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 7:18 PM ---
    Added the source code to the OP.
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 7:18 PM ---
    Thanks! I try.

18. Offline

cutman

Awesome! I was hoping someone was going to do this

19. Offline

Dreggor

It seems that if a player tried to chat after their initial air is used up they get booted and I see this on the console:

EDIT: I am running CraftBukkit: 262

Code:
    2011-02-07 14:52:59 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.util.IllegalFormatConversionException: a != java.lang.String
    java.util.IllegalFormatConversionException: a != java.lang.String
            at java.util.Formatter$FormatSpecifier.failConversion(Formatter.java:3999)
            at java.util.Formatter$FormatSpecifier.printFloat(Formatter.java:2722)
            at java.util.Formatter$FormatSpecifier.print(Formatter.java:2667)
            at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2433)
            at java.util.Formatter.format(Formatter.java:2367)
            at java.lang.String.format(String.java:2769)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:580)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:71)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:209)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

20. Offline

Afforess

That's not a bug with this plugin.

And chat works fine underwater, even with air used up.

21. Offline

Brack

I'm really liking this so far. Was hoping for a way to swim underwater longer for awhile now. I'm curious though, when I press F5 the pumpkin head is facing the wrong way it seems.

22. Offline

Afforess

I'm glad you like it. How the game renders things is up to the client - blame Notch. ;)
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 8:56 PM ---
    Updated to version 0.12, fixing a rare null pointer exception when players are teleported between worlds.

23. Offline

GGreenBass

Awesome :D This is going to make pumpkins/underwater exploration a lot more loved now ^^

24. Offline

weasel5i2

If you want to make it easier to see with the pumpkin helmet on, you can replace the file minecraft.jar/misc/pumpkinblur.png with a transparent PNG image of the same proportions. I made such an image (see attached) - it's transparent so you can't see it:

(begin image)-->[​IMG]<--(end image)

Note that if you do this to your minecraft.jar, it may be necessary to delete the META-INF folder in the jar in order for this mod to not break things. Not sure, mine doesn't have that folder since I'm running Misa's HD texture overhaul. ^_^

--W5i2

25. Offline

Afforess

Added custom pumpkin skin to the OP, as well as a guide to installing it.

26. Offline

Punchin

If you get Dante80's HD Albion texture pack, you get a Halo style HUD when wearing the pumpkin.

27. Offline

cyklo

Thanks for the plugin - squid are kind of elusive on my server, perhaps this will help find the blighters!

One idea...

How about have the bubble meter go down, then when it reaches zero you get the "90%" message, and now the system's internal air meter gets resets back to a full meter. The next time the GUI depletes, you get the 80% message, and so on. That way the bubble progress meter still indicates the speed of depletion between 10% jumps.

28. Offline

KiloWhiskey

just had to say I was wishing for this plugin an hour ago while squid hunting. Ended up standing in a random door on the bottom of a lake for 10 minutes with no luck. Thanks for this.

29. Offline

Afforess

The bubble meter is all client side, and notch hardcoded it. I can't change it at all, not even reset it. :(

That's why I had to create my own alerts.

30. Offline

Voxel Box

Awesome, Afforess. Our rebreather plugin expired with hmod, now we don't have to bring it back!

Embedded here is a Dive Helmet texture I am working on for our server's pack -- It provides a different take on things with a less interrupted field of view than Glimmar's.

[​IMG]

As a note for those that are installing a Mod like this for the first time: You can use a 512x512 pumpkinblur.png file even without installing a "HD" texture pack! Very cool.

TheBoganlge likes this.