[MECH] SafeLight - Simple Low-Light Monster Reduction [1240]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kynolin, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Kynolin

SafeLight - Simple Low-Light Monster Reduction:
    Author: Kynolin
    Version: v1.0

Update: The plugin appears to still be working for me as of Bukkit 1240 with no errors. I tested with/without it for a good while, and there's an obvious difference of spawn reduction in our structures. That's the benefit of incredibly simple code, I suppose. My schedule has been beyond busy, and it's been tough enough to maintain my server, let alone add new features. Hopefully it can still help some of you the way it is.

Download

Description:
    This is my very first plugin for Bukkit! My friends and I always hate having to put torches every few feet to avoid the random in-base monsters, so I made this simple plugin to help. All it does is cancel a spawn event if the light level is above four, which is open moonlight at its darkest. No configuration or permissions as of now.
    Drop it in, and you're ready to go.

Features:
    • Stops monsters from spawning above a light level of 4. (open moonlight at its darkest)
    • Build slightly darker areas, without pesky monsters all over the place.
    • Incredibly simple! No configuration, no commands; drag, drop, and go.
    Possible in the Future:
    • Add configuration of light level and monsters.
    Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    • Release

Attached Files:

2. Offline

powback

Sweet! very useful!

3. Offline

Kuuichi

I think you need a download link for non-registered Bukkit users.

4. Offline

Kynolin

I added a quick link for non-registered users. Was too tired/lazy after I finished. As soon as I get my domain back up, I'll have an easy direct link to the jar.

5. Offline

Avous

6. Offline

Clucky

This is very cool. Can't wait for light configuration!

7. Offline

Ross Gosling

This plugin definatly needs a multiworld configuration file and maybe somewhere in the config it could say what the default is?

8. Offline

Clucky

Can't wait :D By the way, this is compatible with 860 right? Because monsters are still seeming to appear as usual... :(

9. Offline

BonGeBon

Is it possible for you to make it so that more mobs spawn?

10. Offline

Kynolin

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll get to work on some of these ideas, as soon as my work schedule dies down dramatically. (As stated in the OP edit.)

11. Offline

xwyz

I'am waiting for new version (=

12. Offline

Flenix

Does this work on all non-standard mobs? We have a survival world which is standard terrain but any mob can spawn (ghasts, pigmen, giants and monsters included)

Also, any chance of a config? 4 is a little low so i'd like to change it to 6 :) (I'm mostly using this plugin because the four mobs I just mentioned can spawn in ANY light right now..)

13. Offline

42ultra

So useful, yet simple! I like it. The one problem I've been having though is that monsters still seem to be spawning normally, and nothing changed once I installed it.

14. Offline

Kynolin

I've also noticed this addon isn't working properly, anymore. As soon as I have time to delve into it, I will. I apologize for being so busy, but trust me, my server needs this addon, so as soon as I can get to it, I will.

15. Offline

Mausterio

Can you upload the source for this? I would really like to carry on your work. I'll make sure to give you full credit.

16. Offline

intelnavi

bump would like an update :)