[MECH] SimpleReplace v1.1 - Replace blocks + Permissions [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by captainawesome7, May 20, 2011.

1. Offline

captainawesome7

SimpleReplace - Replace blocks with other ones!
    Version: 1.1
    Overview:
    SimpleReplace is a very helpful plugin to have when building large things or just messing around. It works a bit like VoxelDoop, in the sense that you can pick a block and right click which will set the block in the "clipboard" to the one you right clicked. When you left click, replaces the block you clicked on with the one in the "clipboard." This allows you to easily change the material of a building or the colors of pixel art.​
    Features:
    • Replace blocks with other blocks!
    • Works with wool colors!
    • Right click to copy the block
    • Left click to replace the block
    • Blacklisting
    Commands + Permissions Nodes:
    • /sreplace - simplereplace.replace - Enables SimpleReplace
    • /srset <id> - simplereplace.set - Sets the current replacement block to the id specified
    Configuration

A file called blacklist.txt will be made in /plugins/SimpleReplace/blacklist.txt
    Just add a line that looks like this:
    46=true
    That will make TNT(46) give a message that says }That Item Is Blacklisted!" when you try to /srset or right click with SR enabled.

Downloads:
    The source code is included in the .jar (/me/captain/SimpleReplace/)

Video Demonstration:
    Demo (open)

Planned Changes
    Version 1.2
    • Any Ideas?
    Changelog:

Version 1.1
    • Added an item blacklist
    Version 1.0
    • Release

Teteros likes this.
  2. Offline

Teteros

Can you set up a configurable black list of non replaceble blocks such as bedrock, tnt, water, lava etc ? Then it would be perfect!

3. Offline

captainawesome7

@Teteros Sure, I'll get right on it :)

Done, 1.1 released
    Just add lines like
    46=true
    7=true
    to block tnt and bedrock

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    Teteros likes this.
  4. Offline

Teteros

Sure Thanks!

Just found out a bug! While in replace mode right click to copy then /srset anything even if blacklisted like /srset 11 and that will create lava where you right clicked. If blacklisted the message appears but does nothing. You can't copy the blacklisted block this way.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  5. Offline

captainawesome7

@Teteros because of the way that the block is loaded from the saved block it causes the last one to be whatever block the new one is, I'm working on a solution.

6. Offline

PatrickFreed

You have quite a few internets :p

7. Offline

Shooty

@captainawesome7

Thanks, but if i only need this feature on my pixelart map how can i do ? Can you add multi-world support :) ?

8. Offline

captainawesome7

@Shooty Sure, I can do that later today/tomorrow

9. Offline

xsolar66

Hi captain! If you use /srset, why do you have to select a block first? Also, the block you select (right click) turns into what you set as /srset.

Is it possible to use /srset without having to select or change a block?

Also, every time I use srset, it says "THAT ITEM IS BLACKLISTED", but it still works which is odd. The items I have blacklisted, however, can also appear on /srset.. - I think something's up =p At least if someone puts in bedrock I can 'replace' it with this amazing plugin. GREAT JOB :D

10. Offline

Teteros

11. Offline

captainawesome7

@Teteros That bug with SRSET is mostly because I cannot instantiate the type Block

12. Offline

xsolar66

Hi Captain,

I have a slightly different bug. When I use /sreplace, and select a wood block and start replacing blocks with wood,

when my friend also uses /sreplace and selects a block for himself, the block he chooses changes my block too. Eg. I was replacing blocks with wood, he selects Stone, and suddenly my own replacements become stone as well.

It seems only 1 block type can be used per replacement on a server.. Is it possible to fix this?

13. Offline

captainawesome7

@xsolar66 It is possible to fix this, I can do it later today most likely.

14. Offline

xsolar66

Any chance of an update? :)

15. Offline

captainawesome7

Maybe later today, I forgot about it lol

16. Offline

xsolar66

haha that's alright :p I forgot about it too, just until recently when I was trying to replace something and the material kept changing cos someone else was replacing as well =p

17. Offline

nutters

umm ok it keeps saying dont have permission to use Simplereplace
    is ther something im doing wrong im
    oh and i am op on my server

18. Offline

drumstix42

Does anyone know of an updated version of this mod available anywhere, or an alternative?
    I loved this mod because it was usable on my server, and I'm trying to get my favorite plugins working again :)

19. Offline

captainawesome7

I'm pretty sure the voxel people have one