Inactive [MECH] SkinSelector v0.5.1 - You decide the choice of skins and CAPES [Spout][1.0.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Rahazan, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Rahazan

SkinSelector
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

This plugin allows you to decide which skins a group, with a certain permission node, can select. This means there will be no more dwarves with creeper skins at last. Maybe you want all the players in the economist group to have a nice business suit, your elves to have long ears and donators the only one with their own skin. It is now all possible.

Oh, now (v0.2.1) also features capes!

A must for roleplaying servers!

Show Spoiler
    Screenshots of this plugin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How to use:

SKINS

In config.yml you find two lists, one with the groups that have different skins. Below, a list for every group that you have named above with links to the skin.png. Players with skinselector.<yourgroupname>, for example, skinselector.elf can choose from the skins in the elf list.
    It is possible for players to be able to choose from more than one group, simply make them inherit the permission nodes for both groups.

Players with skinselector.use can make use of the GUI, others can not. Make sure players with this permission have skins to choose from or you'll get some nasty errors!

Players with the skinselector.unrestricted can choose any skin from any list, and use their own skin as well (the one they have selected at minecraft.net).

EnforceSkin set to true will bug the players at every login, if they can use the GUI (have skinselector.use permission node), until they have chosen a skin.

DefaultSkin is the skin that players will have who have not chosen a skin (yet).

CAPES
    In config.yml you find two lists, one with the groups that have different capes. Below, a list for every group that you have named above with links to the cape.png. Players with capeselector.<yourgroupname>, for example, capeselector.christmas can choose from the capes in the christmas list.
    It is possible for players to be able to choose from more than one group, simply make them inherit the permission nodes for both groups.

Players with capeselector.use can make use of the GUI, others can not. Make sure players with this group have capes to choose from or you'll get some nasty errors!

Players with the capeselector.unrestricted can choose any cape from any list.

EXAMPLE CONFIG.YML
    Code:
    EnforceSkin: true
    DebugMode: false
    DefaultSkin: http://www.minecraft.net/images/char.png
    CapeGroups:
    - Christmas
    SkinGroups:
    - Elf
    ######################################
    Default:
    - 'http://www.minecraft.net/images/char.png'
    Elf:
    - 'http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43693599/elf.png'
    - 'http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43693599/elf2.png'
    Christmas:
    - 'http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/archive/3/33/20110129073421%21Xmas.png'
    Dependencies:
    * SpoutPlugin serverside.
    * SpoutCraft clientside(if the player wants to use this plugin).

Features:
    * Easy to configure.
    * Lightweight.
    * Permissions-based.
    * Hotkey configurable in SpoutCraft ( "]"-key and "["-key by default)
    * Players can re-select a skin or cape at any time.
    * Debugmode to help you find where mistakes are in your config (or mistakes on my end).

Downloads:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

Show Spoiler
    I removed the link, plugins are not to be sold on the Bukkit forums.

What do you get when you purchase it.
    * Access to the dropbox repository of this plugin, where you can download the latest paid version (and later versions when released). This access remains for 72 hours. Every update, I will re-activate it for all buyers, you will be able to download the newest version and you will receive a notification in your inbox. If you need to have access for whatever reason, send me an e-mail and I will re-activate.
    * Ad-free version of the plugin, the GUI does not show the name of the plugin and the name of the author.
    * A special place in my heart.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You pay for the version of the plugin at the time of the purchase, next versions and continued support are not guaranteed. Any next version is to be considered a gift.I may very well get run over by a car tomorrow, or simply decide to stop releasing additions to the plugin. Keep this in mind before you make the purchase.

Oh and if you like this plugin, please tell me which server it is hosted on. I would love to hop on by and see how it is used, and how the plugin can be improved to better suit the needs.

Show Spoiler
    How does it help my plugin?
    Plugin-wise, in absolutely no way.

Then why on Earth would I donate?
    Time and effort was put into this plugin. Maybe this plugin makes your life easier, gets your server more players or simply makes you and the players have a good time.
    How do I donate?
    You can donate through PayPal. If you do not have the means to do so, you can also "donate" by showing your appreciation in the form of a nice comment. These donations and comments keep me motivated. Oh, and it keeps me alive in this overpriced studentroom I live in. It means the world to me.

Thank you for reading this.

Changelog
    Version 0.5.1
    * Moved the arrow buttons slightly up, they are now centered height-wise.
    * Added debugmode. With this setting enabled the plugin will log a lot of things it is doing to the console with the <SSDEBUG> tag in front of it. To enable this set DebugMode = true in config.yml
    * Added line of text containing the version of the plugin and the author's name on the GUI.

These are the last features that will be found in the free version.

Version 0.4.1
    * Added /skinselector reload and /skinselector reset
    * Added permissionsnode skinselector.reload for both of these commands.
    * The plugin now places the skin and cape upon respawn, no matter what. Previously people who respawned (due to dying) had their original skin and no cape. Also prompts users if EnforceSkin is set to true to select a skin if they haven´t already.

Version 0.3.2
    * Made all permissions-checks lowercase. Possible fix for PermissionsEX users, make all your permissions nodes lowercase.

Version 0.3.1
    * Added a button to remove cape if wearing one.

Version 0.2.3
    * Fixed permissions.

Version 0.2.2
    * Error fix.

Version 0.2.1
    * Added capes!
    * Added capeselector.use and skinselector.use permission nodes.
    * Slight performance tweak.

Version 0.1.1
    * Initial release.

Any feedback is more than welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Offline

Rahazan

Oh, well, make your users purchase the game, I mean.. come on :<

3. Offline

zenyl

This plugin is simply just AWESOME!!! :D
    Just 1 thing missing: a reload command!
    Please add a reload command, so we don't have to restart the server every time, we want to add/remove a skin ;)

4. Offline

NobleValcren

5. Offline

Rahazan

Version 0.3.2​
    • Made all permissions-checks lowercase. Possible fix for PermissionsEX users, make all your permissions nodes lowercase.

6. Offline

Judzi

Nice ;)
    How can i show skins menu? I'm amater :)

7. Offline

Rahazan

By pressing ]

8. Offline

kuschku

One Question: Every time I add a cape the Cape is in the menu black or so big that I can't see any Button, can you help me?

My config.yml:
    Code:
    EnforceSkin: true
    DefaultSkin: http://www.minecraft.net/images/char.png
    CapeGroups:
    - Cape
    SkinGroups:
    ######################################
    Cape:
    - 'http://www.edelcraft.org/k/01.png'
    - 'http://www.edelcraft.org/k/02.png'
    - 'http://www.edelcraft.org/k/03.png'
    - 'http://www.edelcraft.org/k/04.png'
    - 'http://www.edelcraft.org/k/05.png'
    - 'http://www.edelcraft.org/k/06.png'
    - 'http://www.edelcraft.org/k/07.png'
    Default:
    - 'http://www.minecraft.net/images/char.png'

9. Offline

Rahazan

It is likely that no capegroups were found, that you have permissions for. Make sure you have the permission capeselector.use and capeselector.cape

10. Offline

kuschku

That's the Problem - I have all permissions (I gave me with pex the permission node *)
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(The Mojang cape, the christmas cape and all other capes from minecraftwiki.net are broken shown, but your default christmas cape works fine. When you choose the cape, it is shown also correct on you character - but in the menu it stays broken.)

11. Offline

Rahazan

It's because capes are 64x32 not 22x17. It's a bit silly, I know, because most of the area is not even used..
    http://gyazo.com/08fd02a693a6eb06d999ee6a12fafbd4.png?1325266356
    Look at that link, there are different PNG sizes, you will want the 64x32, as that is the actual cape.

kuschku likes this.
  12. Offline

kuschku

Oh, Thanks ;)
    P.S.: We are using this Plugin at s.edelcraft.org - the server has now a whitelist (at sunday we'll remove it) , so send me a pm if I should add your name to the whitelist so you can join and see how it works :)

13. Offline

AXMAN43

I installed this mod on my server and everything worked perfectly except players that didn't have Spout couldn't see my cape. I didn't test to see if they could see a skin I just used mine from minecraft.net but do the other players need to have spout to see the cape and the skin?

14. Offline

Rahazan

I am afraid so.. At least it is for capes, I never tested it for skins, but I think that doesn't work either. Nothing I can do about it I fear..

Maybe it'll convince your players to get SpoutCraft, awesome capes ;).

15. Offline

ulumulu1510

This Plugin is awesome. Works fine on my server and wanna say that.
    Yes, it's already suggested but...may you add a reload command? Is it possible? If not, my server also wil work.
    Thanks a lot for this plugin.

16. Offline

Rahazan

Version 0.4.1
    • Added /skinselector reload and /skinselector reset
    • Added permissionsnode skinselector.reload for both of these commands.
    • The plugin now places the skin and cape upon respawn, no matter what. Previously people who respawned (due to dying) had their original skin and no cape. Also prompts users if EnforceSkin is set to true to select a skin if they haven´t already.

17. Offline

AXMAN43

It would be nice if you can add it that others that don't have spout can see the skin and cape because even though spout is not mandatory to join the server its mandatory to have it to be able to see the plugin in use which kinda means its mandatory to have spout to join the server if you want this plugin to work for everyone.

18. Offline

Rahazan

That is simply not possible. That's why it's a good idea to use Spout(Craft).

19. Offline

ulumulu1510

I L... man your the best!:)

20. Offline

thehutch

@Rahazan Source Code? I would like a peek at it for the Gui stuff

21. Offline

ulumulu1510

Hey i'm sorry but:
    I think with the download link i can only download the version 0.3.2:'(
    Maybea it's my problem but, may you take a loke at it?
    Thanks.
    EDIT: And if I create a new config file, it paste my hole permissions in it.

Ok, i have totaly a problem:
    I use RB(1.0.1-R1) and the 0.3.2 Version of your plugin
    What I have written in config:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18629494/skinselector.txt
    And does came out when I restartet the Server:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18629494/skinselector after.txt
    So, may you tell me what's wrong with my file or my permissions. I have no Idea.....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  22. Offline

Rahazan

The download is now the actual 0.4.1 version..
    Anyway, I am quite sure it's your permissions plugin misbehaving.. I can not see how else this could possibly happen. Really, I can not get a grasp of how this possibly happened :S..

I'll see about releasing the source code, do note that it is released under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ if you plan on decompiling, which is not a nice thing to do without permission, I hereby grant you permission to do so.

23. Offline

ulumulu1510

Thanks for you super fast reply. And I will take a look over my Permissions Plugin.:)

24. Offline

thehutch

Two things: How did you reload your server (did you use his reload (if he has one) or did you use /reload) and did you save your file first.

25. Offline

ulumulu1510

Reload the plugin: I used the /skinselector reload command. And yes I saved it.
    With the new version my first Bug disapeared.
    But after this I had a new bug: Every skin, even the default skin, are Black. I can't load one, even with the permissions-node "*".
    I tried to delete(backuped first) all my links to skins I added, but this doesnt worked either.
    But capes work fine for me.:)
    I love your plugin[diamond][diamond]
    EDIT: Setted up a whole new config, with no skins added. This worked
    EDIT2:fxed the problem(see below).

26. Offline

thehutch

Ok well my quest would be something to do with the config reload command, however this isn't my plugin :D But I am sure @Rahazan would be thankful

27. Offline

ulumulu1510

I think the reload command is nice as it is, but if you may improve it:nice:D
    I wanted to use this, so i tried more than once and I found something:
    Do not change the default name(e.g. to defaults). It will cause the same error as I had(black screen).
    Phu...this was hard work.
    Your Plugins very nice. May I take a Video of it to give an example what we can do on our server? Would be nice.
    [diamond][diamond][diamond]Diamonds to You for this Plugin![diamond][diamond][diamond]

28. I think this plugin is amazing! I use it on my RP server!

Rahazan likes this.
  29. Offline

kahlilnc

Does paid version come with something super special > : )

30. Offline

Rahazan

Who knows, who knows :).

31. When i press the buttons "?" or "¿"
    The server present the next fail:

Code:
    2012-01-03 01:59:48 [INFO] cloud_strife_91 [/5.209.64.193:58522] logged in with entity id 271 at ([world] -340.325293205553, 67.0, 511.1563733623683)
    2012-01-03 01:59:48 [INFO] HashMap: {}
    2012-01-03 01:59:48 [INFO] Adding cloud_strife_91
    2012-01-03 01:59:48 [INFO] Reading data
    2012-01-03 01:59:49 [INFO] [Spout] Successfully authenticated cloud_strife_91's Spoutcraft client. Running client version: 907
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [INFO] Could not execute Key Press Delegate of plugin [SkinSelector] for action [SkinSelector_Popup]!
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelectionScreen.updateSkinPreview(SkinSelectionScreen.java:68)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelectionScreen.showNextSkin(SkinSelectionScreen.java:49)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelector.createSkinOverlay(SkinSelector.java:118)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelectorKeyListener.keyPressed(SkinSelectorKeyListener.java:28)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.keyboard.SimpleKeyBindingManager.summonKey(SimpleKeyBindingManager.java:53)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketKeyBinding.run(PacketKeyBinding.java:58)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.a(CustomPacket.java:129)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:550)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    2012-01-03 02:00:28 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [INFO] Could not execute Key Press Delegate of plugin [SkinSelector] for action [CapeSelector_Popup]!
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at me.rahazan.skinselector.cape.CapeSelectionScreen.updateCapePreview(CapeSelectionScreen.java:49)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at me.rahazan.skinselector.cape.CapeSelectionScreen.showNextCape(CapeSelectionScreen.java:36)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelector.createCapeOverlay(SkinSelector.java:125)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at me.rahazan.skinselector.cape.CapeSelectorKeyListener.keyPressed(CapeSelectorKeyListener.java:30)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.keyboard.SimpleKeyBindingManager.summonKey(SimpleKeyBindingManager.java:53)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketKeyBinding.run(PacketKeyBinding.java:58)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.a(CustomPacket.java:129)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:93)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:550)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:527)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    2012-01-03 02:00:45 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)