Inactive [MECH] SkinSelector v0.5.1 - You decide the choice of skins and CAPES [Spout][1.0.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Rahazan, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Rahazan

SkinSelector
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

This plugin allows you to decide which skins a group, with a certain permission node, can select. This means there will be no more dwarves with creeper skins at last. Maybe you want all the players in the economist group to have a nice business suit, your elves to have long ears and donators the only one with their own skin. It is now all possible.

Oh, now (v0.2.1) also features capes!

A must for roleplaying servers!

Show Spoiler
    Screenshots of this plugin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How to use:

SKINS

In config.yml you find two lists, one with the groups that have different skins. Below, a list for every group that you have named above with links to the skin.png. Players with skinselector.<yourgroupname>, for example, skinselector.elf can choose from the skins in the elf list.
    It is possible for players to be able to choose from more than one group, simply make them inherit the permission nodes for both groups.

Players with skinselector.use can make use of the GUI, others can not. Make sure players with this permission have skins to choose from or you'll get some nasty errors!

Players with the skinselector.unrestricted can choose any skin from any list, and use their own skin as well (the one they have selected at minecraft.net).

EnforceSkin set to true will bug the players at every login, if they can use the GUI (have skinselector.use permission node), until they have chosen a skin.

DefaultSkin is the skin that players will have who have not chosen a skin (yet).

CAPES
    In config.yml you find two lists, one with the groups that have different capes. Below, a list for every group that you have named above with links to the cape.png. Players with capeselector.<yourgroupname>, for example, capeselector.christmas can choose from the capes in the christmas list.
    It is possible for players to be able to choose from more than one group, simply make them inherit the permission nodes for both groups.

Players with capeselector.use can make use of the GUI, others can not. Make sure players with this group have capes to choose from or you'll get some nasty errors!

Players with the capeselector.unrestricted can choose any cape from any list.

EXAMPLE CONFIG.YML
    Code:
    EnforceSkin: true
    DebugMode: false
    DefaultSkin: http://www.minecraft.net/images/char.png
    CapeGroups:
    - Christmas
    SkinGroups:
    - Elf
    ######################################
    Default:
    - 'http://www.minecraft.net/images/char.png'
    Elf:
    - 'http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43693599/elf.png'
    - 'http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43693599/elf2.png'
    Christmas:
    - 'http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/archive/3/33/20110129073421%21Xmas.png'
    Dependencies:
    * SpoutPlugin serverside.
    * SpoutCraft clientside(if the player wants to use this plugin).

Features:
    * Easy to configure.
    * Lightweight.
    * Permissions-based.
    * Hotkey configurable in SpoutCraft ( "]"-key and "["-key by default)
    * Players can re-select a skin or cape at any time.
    * Debugmode to help you find where mistakes are in your config (or mistakes on my end).

Downloads:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

Show Spoiler
    I removed the link, plugins are not to be sold on the Bukkit forums.

What do you get when you purchase it.
    * Access to the dropbox repository of this plugin, where you can download the latest paid version (and later versions when released). This access remains for 72 hours. Every update, I will re-activate it for all buyers, you will be able to download the newest version and you will receive a notification in your inbox. If you need to have access for whatever reason, send me an e-mail and I will re-activate.
    * Ad-free version of the plugin, the GUI does not show the name of the plugin and the name of the author.
    * A special place in my heart.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You pay for the version of the plugin at the time of the purchase, next versions and continued support are not guaranteed. Any next version is to be considered a gift.I may very well get run over by a car tomorrow, or simply decide to stop releasing additions to the plugin. Keep this in mind before you make the purchase.

Oh and if you like this plugin, please tell me which server it is hosted on. I would love to hop on by and see how it is used, and how the plugin can be improved to better suit the needs.

Show Spoiler
    How does it help my plugin?
    Plugin-wise, in absolutely no way.

Then why on Earth would I donate?
    Time and effort was put into this plugin. Maybe this plugin makes your life easier, gets your server more players or simply makes you and the players have a good time.
    How do I donate?
    You can donate through PayPal. If you do not have the means to do so, you can also "donate" by showing your appreciation in the form of a nice comment. These donations and comments keep me motivated. Oh, and it keeps me alive in this overpriced studentroom I live in. It means the world to me.

Thank you for reading this.

Changelog
    Version 0.5.1
    * Moved the arrow buttons slightly up, they are now centered height-wise.
    * Added debugmode. With this setting enabled the plugin will log a lot of things it is doing to the console with the <SSDEBUG> tag in front of it. To enable this set DebugMode = true in config.yml
    * Added line of text containing the version of the plugin and the author's name on the GUI.

These are the last features that will be found in the free version.

Version 0.4.1
    * Added /skinselector reload and /skinselector reset
    * Added permissionsnode skinselector.reload for both of these commands.
    * The plugin now places the skin and cape upon respawn, no matter what. Previously people who respawned (due to dying) had their original skin and no cape. Also prompts users if EnforceSkin is set to true to select a skin if they havenĀ“t already.

Version 0.3.2
    * Made all permissions-checks lowercase. Possible fix for PermissionsEX users, make all your permissions nodes lowercase.

Version 0.3.1
    * Added a button to remove cape if wearing one.

Version 0.2.3
    * Fixed permissions.

Version 0.2.2
    * Error fix.

Version 0.2.1
    * Added capes!
    * Added capeselector.use and skinselector.use permission nodes.
    * Slight performance tweak.

Version 0.1.1
    * Initial release.

Any feedback is more than welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Offline

Zex271

Help !

3. Offline

ZeroZX4

josip1

cape image size need to be 64x32

where cape in this image take only 20x17 pixels

see example below

[​IMG]

4. Offline

mrpanadol

because when I put a skin my friends do not see it??

5. Offline

Stuxrt

Is it possible to allow users to keep their hands and faces while only changing clothing? (i.e having people with creeper skins in suits)

6. Offline

FurmigaHumana

the skins are not being saved correctly, every time the player leaves the server, it returns to the default.

7. Offline

ZeroZX4

set EnforceSkin to true and it will save

EnforceSkin: true

8. Offline

Zex271

Help !

[INFO]This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.1-R3-b18 46jnks (MC: 1.1) (Implementing API version 1.1-R3)
    [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\SkinSelector.jar' in folder 'plugins':

org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Spout
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:165)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:156)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:132)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init.(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:408)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

9. Offline

ZeroZX4

update spout and skin selector plugins

10. Offline

Andrew4505

Can u change it to only craftbukkit cause i down wanna pay for an account on minecraft to use spout craft i just want to use the craftbukkit 1.0.1 server.

11. Offline

ZeroZX4

as u use cracked minecraft thhere is also cracked spoutcraft just search google or youtube

12. Offline

AnkinsGaming

07:23 PM [INFO] Could not execute Key Press Delegate of plugin [SkinSelector] for action [CapeSelector_Popup]!
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelector.buildListOfCapes(SkinSelector.java:167)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelector.createCapeOverlay(SkinSelector.java:138)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at me.rahazan.skinselector.cape.CapeSelectorKeyListener.keyPressed(CapeSelectorKeyListener.java:30)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.keyboard.SimpleKeyBindingManager.summonKey(SimpleKeyBindingManager.java:69)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketKeyBinding.run(PacketKeyBinding.java:72)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.handle(CustomPacket.java:125)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:552)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    07:23 PM [SEVERE] Could not pass event ButtonClickEvent to SkinSelector
    Help?

13. Offline

ZeroZX4

try update spout and bukkit

14. Offline

AnkinsGaming

I have the 1.1 spout recommended and the latest craftbukkit build (1.1-R3)

15. Offline

ZeroZX4

did u give ur self permissions for skin selector ?

16. Offline

Lextao

Help?
    Show Spoiler
    2012-02-15 20:21:59 [INFO] Could not execute Key Press Delegate of plugin [SkinSelector] for action [SkinSelector_Popup]!
    2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] java.lang.[NullPointerException] 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelector.buildListOfSkins(SkinSelector.java:152) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelector.createSkinOverlay(SkinSelector.java:130) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelectorKeyListener.keyPressed(SkinSelectorKeyListener.java:28) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.keyboard.SimpleKeyBindingManager.summonKey(SimpleKeyBindingManager.java:69) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketKeyBinding.run(PacketKeyBinding.java:72) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.handle(CustomPacket.java:125) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:552) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435) 2012-02-15 20:21:59 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465) 2012-02-15 20:22:00 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ButtonClickEvent to SkinSelector java.lang.NullPointerException
    at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelectionScreen.showNextSkin(SkinSelectionScreen.java:46)
    at me.rahazan.skinselector.SkinSelectorScreenListener.onButtonClick(SkinSelectorScreenListener.java:21)
    at org.getspout.spoutapi.event.screen.ScreenListener.onCustomEvent(ScreenListener.java:63)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$102.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:984)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:57)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:486)
    at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.PacketControlAction.run(PacketControlAction.java:114)
    at org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.handle(CustomPacket.java:125)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:552)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

17. Offline

AnkinsGaming

18. Offline

RacoonAndres

hi ive installed it but when i choose my own skin other people cant see it
    im in offline mode

19. Offline

AnkinsGaming

20. Offline

edragy

Please can you update this to 1.2? btw, AWESOME plugin!

21. Offline

Carnim

Good Night,
    I installed the plugin but I do not know how to change the skin in the game can help .. I'm verynoob ... tb and he did not create the folder specified in the config folder of the server plugins.Thank you

22. Offline

Killz4me

2 questions, do you need spout or can I just use it, and the second, can all players see this?

23. Offline

Lajci

Not working 1.2.3!!!

24. Offline

dakester99

Umm... Why is the "[" "]" Not working working? Help, im new to "spoutcraft" thingy. HELP. Im on MC 1.1, 1.0.1R3... My cape is not showing up, i have perm's to it and op...

25. Offline

AnkinsGaming

pls update! also someone respond to my question :)

26. Offline

RacoonAndres

UPDATE TO MC 1.2.3

27. Offline

martinherrmann

also requesting for update.
    like it much.

cheers

28. Offline

Zealen_2

its like when you download minecraft... you download then spout client, run it and then it will install itself just run spout client everytime insted of minecraft launcher

29. Offline

dakester99

please respond
    "Umm... Why is the "[" "]" Not working working? Help, im new to "spoutcraft" and "Spout" thingies. HELP. Im on MC 1.2.5, 1.2.5-R1.0... My cape is not showing up, i have perm's to it and op..."
    please help....

30. Offline

dakester99

Ummm.... Really I need help for this.....
    "please respond
    Umm... Why is the "[" "]" Not working working? Help, im new to "spoutcraft" and "Spout" thingies. HELP. Im on MC 1.2.5, 1.2.5-R1.0... My cape is not showing up, i have perm's to it and op...
    please help...."
    Thanks for the plugin and it would be Awesome for you to help me...

31. Offline

dakester99

Update FOR CRYING out loud!!!