members changing groups to a new, specified group?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MrLatteM, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrLatteM

I had a bright idea, but I don't know if it's possible (I've looked on the internet but can't find anything that would answer this question).

I have a server and I was hoping to have the default new member join as an observer that has no building permissions, but they have the fly permissions so that they have the opportunity to fly around and look at the server - deciding if they want to stay on the server and set up their base. This part was not difficult to do.

The problem is that I would like the new observers to have access to two permissions. one is to fly, the other is to be able to type a command to change their group to the regular membership so they can start building. There are two specifications I want to make, however: first is I only want them to be able to change to the member group (if they could change to admin, naturally that would be a disaster), and the second is that they will not be able to change their group again on their own once they are part of the standard member group.

I haven't seen this before and maybe the reason for that is because it's not possible - but if it IS possible then I would love to know how to do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.