Memory Leak?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Tice, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tice

Hello. Recently, under the past few weeks, my servers' ram level has been slowly increasing until it starts to lag. I've gone through my customly coded plugins code to try and reveal what can be causing the problem. Being a non-export coder, I have not found the problem. So, I come here to ask for help, since it's driving me crazy!

My Questions:
    What can cause memory leaks? (Give me as much information as possible)
    How to determine what plugin is causing it? (Give me as much information as possible)'

Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

DrEinsteinium

It really all depends on how long it takes to increase your ram. If it is increasing at alarming rates, then it is something to worry about. Most plugins aren't programmed with memory in mind, and to be honest, Java's trash collection system is not the best in the world despite what Oracle claims.

Here is a direct quote from stack overflow.

You can use CraftBukkit's built in timings system to give you a broad usage amount for each plugin. There wasn't much about it online, but here's a thread where someone did his own research. Maybe you'll be able to use it.

3. Offline

Tice

Alright, thank you! I'll check out this timings system. My ram increases slowly, not fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.