Memory Leak

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pyrotvfun, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pyrotvfun

Ever since we updated to 1.7.x, we have had a memory leak that would just increase over time. when we started a new map, it didnt occur as bad until the map got bigger. mainly when players login and off it does not reset to levels before they logged in. i removed all plugins to the base server and it still leaks. its run on a dedicated computer. i dont rent from a server hosting site. ive reinstalled java a few times. i have reformatted the computer. Ive delt with the memory leak for too long and i want this fixed. i am not a good programmer at all. please help me fix this

2. Offline

saiismad823

What OS are you using? and are there any errors logged to console? What plugins are you running?

3. Offline

LHammonds

Yes you didn't say what operating system you are using, what java version, what craftbukkit version, how much memory your PC actually has and what your start line looks like that you use to load craftbukkit.

You also didn't say how long the server is on before it becomes unusable or runs out of memory.

I run my server on a Linux box and have it reboot on a daily basis to ensure peak performance levels (even though I don't have to reboot any of my other Linux servers but this Java one I do ever since I started running Minecraft on 1.2.5)

LHammonds

4. Offline

pyrotvfun

win7 ultimate 64bit, java 7 update 60. craftbukkit 1.7.9 r0.2. if no players log in i dont have this issue. no leak. once a player logs in it start dripping memory. im usually on top of the leak so i dont let it get to the point of crashing. theres no error messages. the only ones i get are for signshop just saying its conflicting with essentials.

list of plugins

specs of pc, AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core 6000+ 3.0gz. 4gb ram. 250gb hdd.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  5. Offline

saiismad823

Im using Windows server 2008 to simplify mysql and I use it for some programs that only run on windows. It also reboots every day (midnight) and I have no problems with ram being chewed up. (16gb, 12 dedicated to bukkit and 4 to the OS.)

6. Offline

Necrodoom

7. Offline

pyrotvfun

8. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Locked. We do not support servers with authentication disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.