Minecraft 1.2.4 is out.

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

[​IMG]

Mojang have just released an update to Minecraft, bringing us to 1.2.4.

This update is primarily a bug fix release but does include some nice improvements as well:
    Fixed:
    • Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
    • Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% cpu and make my computer melt
    • Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
    • Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
    • Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
    • Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
    • Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
    • Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
    • Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
    • Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
    • Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen
    • Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
    • Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
    • Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
    • Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug
    • Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
    • Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
    • Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on
    • “save-all” (server) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”
    • Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
    • Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
    • Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
    • Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift
    • Fixed players falling when reconnecting to servers where they were previously flying
    Added:
    • Chat history and much better chat editing
    • A few new decoration blocks
    • “Back” and “Quit” buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
    • Made cats more realistic (read: probably annoying). I hope it’s enough to cancel out any joy you may receive from the previous feature!
    • Added a “minimal” debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs.
    This is just a short announcement to let you know that we are aware of this and are working on it as I type this. Please note: Minecraft 1.2.4 has bumped the protocol version, so it is incompatible with 1.2.3.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

2. Offline

Ametz

For me it dosen't matter anymore how long time it takes.

Bacause i had a server that was quite busy, but everyone said "update pls" so i did.
    Now i have 0 players playing since the shop mods and a few others broke..
    No one can buy the resources they need to build with and then the game isen't as fun anymore.
    (Yee right like ppl have the time and will to mine what they need pfff...)

Anyway, thanks that its free atlest (bukkit). :)

3. Offline

ratchetar

Can someone please tell me When the new Bukkit build will be finished?
    I'm using 'McMyAdmin' so I can't use a Dev build D:

4. Offline

TnT

Sounds like you should talk to the makers of McMyAdmin or use a control panel that allows you more control of your server. The update will be out as soon as possible.

ratchetar likes this.
  5. Offline

KevinEssence

Yes indeed. Use file manager or file zilla to do so. Turn server off, find the crafbukkit.jar, delete it, add the latest dev build, rename it craftbukkit.jar, start your server and you should be set.

ratchetar and drakcore like this.
  6. Offline

Deadwing

Like KevinEssence he said. Take a CB build, rename it to craftbukkit.jar and drop it in your minecraft folder. Start McMyAdmin. Done.

Looks like the dev builds have slowed down since Sunday when pretty much nothing happened all day. 2122 has been up since last night, and only a handful of builds were made yesterday. Are we getting close to a Beta?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  7. Offline

break2471

same here, i have a server that crashed due to the crappy design of 1.2.3 if more time was spent on it then my server wouldnt of crashed and i would have 50+ members -_- thanks bukkit....for sitting on ur ass

Where the hell is the beta build!!!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Deadwing

9. Offline

akiraic

SAME HERE... i hope this update work with the same plugins

10. Offline

Chikyuno

Are there any known critical exploits in current dev?

I just want to know whether the current dev is very unsafe, no need to tell me something specific here!

11. Offline

Deffe

Do you come with a mute button or just that one droning self-serving repetitive chant?

sjd997 and DHLF like this.
  12. Offline

Lazpilara

Because of the moaning and complaining it seems to me that Mojang should put in something that backs up/renames your .jar file in case you updated because you wanted to check out new features but still wanted to play on a server. If they did that then I think a lot of the moaning and complaining would really cease.

Deffe, Don Redhorse and DHLF like this.
  13. Offline

Otoris

Yeaaaaa, no it wouldn't. Look at the age group.

In an ideal world, people wouldn't be raised to be "droning self-serving" humans. :)

14. Offline

Lazpilara

I disagree, there are a lot of People out there that would benefit from such a feature (including myself) and the time needed to add to code to enable such a function (renaming the .jar file) would be minimal.

15. Offline

sjd997

are there any pages that only show the updated plugins? that would be really helpful

16. Offline

peeps613

i know there is links somewhere for the latest dev build but will someone assist me in finding it? its not that im lazy im just busy trying to reply to all my pissy users that im not running 1.2.4

17. Offline

sjd997

http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/

18. Offline

grant1222

Hmmm I'm still getting some TNT ghosts on my server and YES I did update mine to 1.2.4. Also does this get rid of arrow glitching too?

19. Offline

sjd997

whats a tnt ghost?

20. Offline

ray73864

I use Magic Launcher, created by the same guy that makes optifine, i copied my 1.2.3 jar file to 'minecraft-1.2.3.jar' and set up a profile in Magic Launcher called '1.2.3 minecraft', then it didn't matter if i updated minecraft to 1.2.4 since i can choose between the 2 versions at runtime.

What i really like about it is how it mods your jar file in-memory instead of 'on-disk', so your jar file never grows in size on disk.

A white tnt block that remains floating above the point it exploded annoying the crap out of you. Just like the red dead mobs, you kill them and sometimes they remain there on the ground.

An annoying client-side glitch where the client didn't update properly i believe.

21. Offline

aviator14

Three facts:

1) The dev builds are here: http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/
    They have always been there. Basically every other post in this thread has that link in it. If you can't read the millions of times that's been posted and publicized, you probably don't belong on the internet.

2) Most plugins work with 1.2.4. I'm serious about this. The version number on the plugin has nothing to do with whether it works with the current version of the server. How the plugin is written determines if it works with the current server. Essentials for 1.1 (yes, one point effing one) works 100% with 1.2.4 minus spawning ocelots. Worldedit and WorldGuard dev builds have awesome new features that work correctly. Most worldgenerators, probably unaffected. Multiverse... eh I haven't been keeping track but whatever I'm running works. Logblock is supposed to keep working even until the ModAPI is out. Notice how iConomy was never updated from 1.8 until just a few weeks ago, and it didn't stop working. As far as I've heard its just Spout related things that don't work, and I've even got that working.

3) Assuming you actually read the first two, most further comments are unnecessary.
    "I can't wait for 1.2.4 to be out :)" - read number 1
    "You all suck because I just updated my plugins to 1.2.3" - Soooo many people care. but read number 2
    "When will it be out?" - read number 1
    "bukkit is so slowwwww" - read number 1
    "I agree with minejames1" - step 1, go outside for a change. step 2, learn the meaning of real work
    "server admins deserve more respect, without us the community wouldn't exist" - true, however if you gave up hosting it wouldn't even make a dent in the thousands of servers run by teenagers the rest of us have to put up with.
    "users don't know how to read" - agreed. so far the truest thing about this game.

Hope this helps some people.
    Read this before adding more comments!

22. Offline

DHLF

TNT-Ghost should have been removed in minecraft vanilla 1.2.4
    They appear only if you light up more than (roughly) 1000+ TNT blocks. So without tools it would a take long time to put them in vanilla to prove this.
    The last time I tried this with VanillaClient 1.2.4 on CraftBukkit #2122 with ~1000 TNT those ghosts are still there.

23. Offline

Redacule

To all the impatient people out they just wait for the full release of bukkit!!!!! don't download and install the development bukkit. The clue is in the name its still a development download and contains bugs!! minecraft have just bumped up the protocol so it going to take more time then usual to update. Ones they have the full release it will be quicker to update when the new patches come out. unless they bump up the protocol again. so I suggest you stop your bitching, white-list your server and just wait.

come on get real. when is anyone from a public server ever going to lay 1000 TNT!!!

24. Offline

kyle939

Updated my game and now waiting for a working build for my server as I am still rocking a dev build in 1.2.3 R02

Hopefully an official release won't be to long away.

25. Offline

ratchetar

Thx for your help guys! Server is back up! :D

26. Offline

rileyrazor1

i agree im 13 and i run my own server but
    i ride my diertbike or go outside to play
    im not a lazzy ass

27. Offline

playgirl4eva

you did hear the news didn't you Bukkit is now working with Mojang so be lucky they can get it done as quick as they have been if it wasn't for them teaming up with Mojang everything would get done slower.

28. Offline

Angleo

I know! Me too.... Don't you hate it when that happens... Lol

29. Offline

Motocross635

I need a beta build... hurry guys and btw keep up the good work!

30. Offline

xpredy

You people need to chillout and wait for the next build.

31. Where can I get Bukkit for 1.2.4?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.