Minecraft Server RAM usage slowly increases.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Nunnsy, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nunnsy

Hello there,

I am running a server on a CentOS dedicated box with 2GB ram and a 2 core AMD CPU.
    Many plugins are installed, such as NoLagg to try and reduce server memory usage.

When the server started, it was using 25% RAM. After 30 mins, 27%. After another, 30%.
    When I left this overnight, it climbed to 70%. No-one was online.

There are about 40 plugins and 5 worlds loaded.

This is the starting command:
    Code:
    java -server -d64 -Xmx1700M -Xincgc -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:LargePageSizeInBytes=4m -jar Bukkit.jar nogui

Any ideas or suggestions to help keep the usage down would be greatly appreciated. :)

- Nunnsy

2. Offline

Nathan C

Well, you should remove NoLagg to start off. The goal of NoLagg is to reduce CPU use and to do that, it use MORE RAM.

Also, don't go crazy with plugins......the more you use, the more RAM you will start to use. I have 65 plugins and it uses 2.3 gigs at boot with no players on.

3. Offline

Nunnsy

Thanks for that, I'll run some tests with NoLagg off. I also try and get rid of as many plugins as possible, but some need to stay...

4. Offline

OdnsRvns

Also having the same issue i'm using Ptweaks instead of noLagg but the issue is still their. I will remove Ptweaks and see if this fixes the issue. Nunnsy let me know if you find a solution to this issue.

5. Offline

Nunnsy

I did use Ptweaks, but then I went back to NoLagg as they fixed the problem with it and Spout. At the moment, removing them has slowed the process I think. I cannot tell at the moment due to people being online and not getting a stable reading.​

6. Offline

Sayshal

Can I recommend since you're on linux, which I'm totally noob at, but Java Garbage Collection? I'm pretty sure that can clear 'stale' ram usage. Like when you do big worldedit and the ram usage stays high for a few hours. :p

ThomasitoCZ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.