[MineVault] - Total Data Protection for When You Need it Most

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by ccrama, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ccrama

[​IMG]

Welcome to MineVault, the most configurable data backup plugin... Ever. You specify exactly what you want backed up, and MineVault will do it in a timely and Asynchronous manner. The plugin is extremely lightweight, and will run on separate cores if needed to reduce server lag. With support for FlatFile, Dropbox, and Google Drive (coming soon), MineVault is your last stop in data protection needs.

ABOUT THE PROJECT
    It's happened to all of us. Whether you were griefed, drives failed, plugins malfunctioned, or your world decided to eradicate itself, data loss is one of the biggest worries server owners have. Personally, I have had three such encounters with data loss, and I had enough of it. MineVault was born! I still have much to do on the project, but the main methods are in place and being stress tested.

CONFIGURATION
    The basis of this plugin is configurability. Here is a list of all you can configure (to date):

PHP:
    backupName:
    Files:
    #Specify any direct link to a file, folder, or use * for recursivity!
    logs/latest.log
    craftbukkit.jar
    plugins/ *
    Frequency'm'
    #You can set the frequency to M(minutes), H(hours), D(days), or use military time like 22:01 for exact dates
    Skip:
    #Files to skip. Plugin will automatically skip the backup directory (can get up to 2gb size in a minute if not D:)
    plugins/MineVault/backup.zip
    plugins/MineVault.jar
    Delay
    #Delay for time, in this case 5 minutes.
    Coming soon will be support for kicking the server (with configurable messages), and dynamic MOTD's like "Backing Up Server, 20% completed"!

BETA
    In the next couple of weeks, I believe the plugin will reach a point that I will need some bug-stomping beta testers to help me with the project. If you are interested, just comment below or send me a message!

IDEAS?
    Have any ideas or comments about the project? Feel free to comment below. Comment away!

Info including GitHub, Dropbox, and GDocs coming soon!

Thanks for reading,
    ccrama

2. Offline

ccrama

Created a nice startup wizard and added Dropbox support for testing. Anyone interested in the project? I'm looking for some people to enter a beta and test the plugin before release!

3. Offline

jleeevinnn

Hey, I saw your plugin and I like the name and thought that you've put into it. I'm a bit too busy to do any testing, however I'd like to say good luck and it looks very nice.

4. Offline

ccrama

jleeevinnn thanks!

Everyone I'm also including support for wildcard files (like *.yml to save all ymls), and created a super easy to use setup wizard.

Also going to add a fully-featured player data backup system, with player data restores and the ability to save to Dropbox or flatfile. This player data would include locations, inventories, and any other important data (ideas?)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  5. Offline

ccrama

It has been suggested that I add FTP support, so that will be included! If you have a large network, it will be very easy to back up your data to a central database, or for server companies to securely backup (with encrypted keys, of course) to their databases, making customer data backups as easy as drag and drop.

6. I will give Beta Testing ago.

ccrama likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.