MineZ

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Zombowe, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Offline

Zombowe

Sorry, this plugin request has probably been asked a MILLION times, but could someone please make a plugin that boosts the speed of zombies? This is to increase the difficulty of fighting zombies :)

Thanks! I've already found a plugin that will stop auto healing so if i have this I'm pretty much set!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

2. Offline

Nater1217

I could make a plugin that applies the speed effect of a potion to zombies that spawn, would that be good?

3. Just use the search bar...

RingOfStorms likes this.
  4. The AI cannot use the speed potion effects.

DiamondSworder likes this.
  5. Offline

aaomidi

6. Offline

Reptar_

Burn. . .

7. If it works, I apologize. I distinctly remember being told that you could apply the speed potion effect to the mobs, but the AI wouldn't be able to use it.

It might have been updated, it might have been wrong - I don't know.

Again, I apologize if I was incorrect.

8. Offline

RingOfStorms

Never take your info from a piece of text on one source.. gotta research yourself otherwise you WILL get hammered :p

9. Offline

Woobie

ZombieInsanity

10. I'd like you to test gravity off a building. (This was intended as a joke)

I do not agree with you.

11. Offline

RingOfStorms

Point being I said like one source, you should always get a few sources, and if you ever take one source, it should be the bukkit API refernce.

haha I like your joke :)

12. Offline

Deathmarine

Actually he has a point you can add potion effects all day long to a mob and not effect they're speed or damage (except instant health damages a zombie and instant damage heals a zombie. See http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Splash_Potions) . I know from personal experience attempting to apply effects to mobs. With this in mind TheSommer is completely correct.
    However there are alternate means to adjust the speed of a mob. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/best-way-of-changing-mobs-move-speed.65378/

13. Offline

Woobie

Everyone just ignoring me? :D

14. Offline

WarmakerT

That plugin doesn't make zombies run faster.

15. Offline

Woobie

Yes it does? Or then im high, becouse im using it atm.

16. Offline

Deathmarine

Alright. So I decided to make it. Considering potion effects do not work and will not work.

Source:
    https://github.com/deathmarine/MobSpeed
    Download:
    https://github.com/downloads/deathmarine/MobSpeed/MobSpeed.jar
    Configuration:
    Code:
    #Use the float syntax, the plugin will parse from a string since a double isnt precise#
    ZombieSpeed: '0.23F'
    ZombieDamage: 4

This is ,all the time, every zombie so be careful what values you set. (Don't exceed 1.0F, just a recommendation.)

bars96 likes this.
  17. Offline

Pippiter69

Deathmarine Can you make that plugin compatible with all mobs?

18. Offline

np98765

Please do ^_^

I need this as well.

19. Offline

aaomidi

I might just do it, its pretty simple, and the MineZ plugin is coming up.

20. Offline

Hoolean

I couldn't help but notice the threads title! I am currently working on a plugin called 'CloneZ' just so everyone knows!

21. Offline

SirTyler

Any developer that does this, my Mob API included with API+ allows for modifying entities for things such as custom speed, health, armor, drops, etc.

22. Offline

Hoolean

Armour!?

23. Offline

SirTyler

Well Zombies have armor on them, so I apply it the same way that its handled in the minecraft code. Granted that and health are defined on the mob creation by a predefined template and not dynamically changeable, but that is for another thread.

24. Offline

Hoolean

CloneZ has this (see sig)

25. Offline

Vinsanity

I get an error on the source at:

Code:
                    PathfinderGoalSelector gs = new PathfinderGoalSelector(
                            ((CraftWorld) event.getEntity().getWorld()).getHandle() != null &&
                            ((CraftWorld) event.getEntity().getWorld()).getHandle().methodProfiler != null ?
                            ((CraftWorld) event.getEntity().getWorld()).getHandle().methodProfiler : null);
    .methodProfiler cannot be resolved or is not a field

I hear that!

-Vinsenseable, new author of ZombieInsanity

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  26. Offline

Deathmarine

I guess EntityMonster doesn't have a damage field anymore. Which I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with instantiating Goal Selector, But sure I fixed it. Good luck with your plugin but whats with the Necro bump.

27. Offline

Vinsanity

So how do I go about fixing this?