[MISC] AmbientSeasons 1.5.0 - Seasonal Rotator and Calendar [Spout] [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by olloth, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Offline

olloth

maniacmusic, kahlilnc and dark_hunter like this.
  2. Offline

alta189

Good Job!

3. Offline

olloth

Thanks, appreciate all the support spout guys + bukktdev.

4. Offline

alta189

:) No problem xD

5. Offline

Grammar Troll

I'm most definitely going to use this plugin! Could you add multi-world support?

6. Offline

Rogueleader89

looks great, any plans on trying to change weather as well? (so it snows in more places in winter, fewer/none in summer, etc.)

7. Offline

olloth

Yeah, we are thinking about doing that kind of a thing in the future, but I would like to be careful about how I implement it because right now I think a lot of it would have to be somewhat hacked in and I would like to keep mostly within the limits of the API so I don't have major conflicts on updates.

Absolutely, gimme a day or two tops to work on it depending on how busy I am.

8. Offline

Grammar Troll

Please, take your time, the plugin already is perfect.

9. Offline

Oscarius

Great plugin.

Could this be made to only override a players texture pack if he uses the default one, so players can use a custom texture pack if they prefer?

10. Offline

olloth

Hmm, if I make a permission for "Don't force" would that work? I can't check what texture pack someone is using, only make them use a specific one.

Alright. Should I do the multiworld like, base the calendar off one main world, but have the texture pack sets be for multiple, or did you want a seperate calendar for every world? Because the date is actually calculated from a number stored in the world files, so you would have different dates going to other worlds otherwise.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  11. Offline

Grammar Troll

I'm not sure what the world setting in the .yml does, but I basically want to disable the plugin in one world and use it in the other.

12. Offline

olloth

Oh, the world setting in the .yml determines which map the date is calculated from. I will have to make that more clear. Okay I can do that.

Actually I just thought about this. I set the texture pack, but then it's set. So, the only way I can do it is to have it pick a different texture pack for different worlds. I COULD hack it so that if you were in a disabled world it wouldn't force anything, but if you change worlds mid-game, you'd have to log out and manually pick a different pack and log back in.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

Grammar Troll

I already took care of that, I want to have the Seasons texturepack in the main world. A different plugin forces an other texturepack in the second world.

14. Offline

olloth

Oh awesome. Okay yeah I can do that.

15. Offline

Montpelier

How about using Spout's cloud controls to set certain seasons as cloudless?

Getting this with Spout 1.0 and CB 1000, all plugins except Seasons and Spout removed:

Code:
    18:24:36 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Seasons v1.0 (Is it up to date?)
    : null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.olloth.lordned.seasons.Dates.SetupScheduledTasks(Dates.java:39)
            at me.olloth.lordned.seasons.Seasons.onEnable(Seasons.java:50)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:878)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:272)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

16. Offline

olloth

Did you delete the config/use a clean one?

EDIT: Also I'm working on a new build, should be out tonight. Code is going to get cleaned up so I can handle errors better.

Version 1.1
    • Added multiworld support
    • Added /seasonsHUD for disabling the HUD
    released, let me know how it goes. config.yml should make more sense now

17. Offline

paully104

HUD is saying the 0th of , 0AN, any idea why, i'm using the config you have at the top.

18. Offline

olloth

Yes, you have to set the calendar world, to the world you want the calendar to be based on. if your main world is not named world like in the default config that would be why. The problem also might be, if you use /time add -numbers, you will mess up your worlds time which causes all kinds of issues.

19. Offline

Montpelier

Yep, silly mistake. Didn't see the world option at the bottom.

Suggestion time Pt. 2: Seems complicated, but would it possible to add an option to use real time rather than server time? Like seven seasons with one per real world day. Or one a week. Something more stable and predictable than gametime.

Suggestion time Pt. 3: I really like the day notification in the top left but I imagine it'll irritate some people being permanently on the screen, so can Spout make it only appear on the inventory screen, or some other non-default state? (Right clicking a clock? When you start typing a message and open the chat box?)

EDIT: Oh you added that already. Damnit!

20. Offline

olloth

Sure I could probably do that. I did it the way that I did it because, that way would have the calendar start from 0 when you first add the plugin. The way I do it, if you set the world, it gives you a date for the real amount of minecraft days that have gone by in your world file that your server undoubtedly has used for a while. Also I feel like it's more a part of the game this way.

I'll add that option to my TODO, but I can't promise I'll start on it right away.

21. Offline

Montpelier

I get where you're coming from and I'm definitely not suggesting it as a superior alternative, it's just the way I run my server. Everyone who uses it is old and jaded and has long passed the point where things like RPG plugins or arbitrary level ups will get them going, so it's ended up being a kind of half-game half-reality mashup.

22. Offline

olloth

I can probably have this feature out by tomorrow or so. Also fixing some bugs and starting work on optional nice things like, wheat going faster in specified seasons, etc

Version 1.2
    • Made config.yml loading smarter
    • Fixed time jump not changing the HUD properly bug
    New build out

23. Offline

enenra

Would it be possible to have a version that doesn't change the whole texturepack but only the textures that give the grass and leaves their biome-specific look? Especially for seasons those are the most important two files and it would reduce quite some overhead to have the option to only switch those, instead of the whole texturepack. :)
    That would also allow for the users to continue using their own pack but still have the seasonal change.

24. Offline

olloth

Down the line yes, there currently isn't hooks for that in Spout but it's on the list. Only thing we can do like that right now is the stars/moon/sun separately.

25. Offline

Grrrr159

When I try to use it, it gives me this error repeatedly in the console:
    Code:
    2011-08-06 18:18:53 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to Seasons
        at me.olloth.lordned.seasons.listener.SListener.onSecond(SListener.java:70)
        at me.olloth.lordned.seasons.listener.SListener.onServerTick(SListener.java:58)
        at org.getspout.spoutapi.event.spout.SpoutListener.onCustomEvent(SpoutListener.java:27)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$87.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:855)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at org.getspout.spout.ServerTickTask.run(ServerTickTask.java:22)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:439)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:362)
        at org.getspout.spoutapi.event.spout.SpoutListener.onCustomEvent(SpoutListener.java:27)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$87.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:855)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    2011-08-06 18:18:54 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to Seasons
    By the way, it did this over 50 more times in one minute.

26. Offline

olloth

Do you have Spout 1.0.1 Plugin installed on your server, and have you tried deleting the Seasons config.yml?

27. Offline

meizme

I toggled off the seasonsHUD and for testing i need it back but repeating the command isnt turning it back on. where is the setting stored?

28. Offline

Lord Ned

Seasons\settings.bin

29. Offline

Devboi

I am using CB1000

I am getting this at startup

2011-08-07 11:29:30 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to Seasons
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:438)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)

30. Offline

olloth

You have to change calendar_world in the config file to the world you want to calculate the calendar from. I will make this more clear on the next release, give it a better error instead of a NPE at least.

Version 1.3
    • Renamed to AmbientSeasons
    • Added realtime calculation option
    • Now defaults to realtime if your chosen world doesn't exist.

Enjoy, let me know how that feature works it may still need some tweaking.