Inactive [MISC] AntiCreeper v1.0 - Prevents creepers from spawning [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Infernus, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Infernus

AntiCreeper

Version: v1.0

Ever had the annoyance that you had built a super neat house and then you see that dramatic creeper walking towards your house and explode? Well, you can prevent these horrifying creepers!

This plugin just prevents all creepers from spawning, this can be useful on servers which are pure construction. I use it on my server and in my opinion really great to be able to build without having to worry about creepers, that's why I am sharing this. I am not sure if there are other plugins like this around, but I didn't find anything.
    Features (open)

Preventing creepers from spawning

Changelog (open)
    Version 1.0
    ** Release of AntiCreeper

Additional usable plugins (open)
    Craftbukkituptodate

Download AntiCreeper

If you still see creepers while running this plugin, please tell me, but I don't think that's possible.

Trenix, Pheonix14, ahmad-q8 and 4 others like this.
  2. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Well, I guess I wasn't clear. You're right, it disables creepers on the entire server - but as an experimenting admin I don't want that because of an interesting idea I have.

Essentially, I'm going to let a few users have their own world to build in (which currently I use AntiCreeper for to save grief), though to find resources they must peruse a central world where ores regenerate. I want the Mob threat to be at least equal to that of normal survival map, i.e., including Creepers.

3. Offline

detno

unfortantly i still see creepers on my server i dont know if its me or the plg in i tried making a new world with no mods and it still wont work

4. Offline

Infernus

Is the plugin even active? What version of Bukkit are you running?

5. Offline

CrAzYfReAk101

I don't know if this is an issue for everyone else, but i'm running AntiCreeper, and for some reason every few minutes the game times out for some strange reason... I took it off my server and it's not crashing... Anyone else experiencing these issues, or something similair?

6. Offline

Infernus

Are you sure your processor is good enough? Because everytime a creature gets spawned there is a little chick if this is a creeper. When I logged when a creature spawned it was about 100 a minute, so maybe it's possible that your CPU isn't good enough..? Just a guess.

7. Offline

detno

yes its active cause it says its loaded but cant chat in admin chat i just downloaded the newest version 2 weeks ago thats wen i got into mods unless there a newer version

8. Offline

Infernus

I can't follow you there anymore. You run AntiCreeper and want to chat in AdminChat mode??

9. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@detno @CrAzYfReAk101 A little more information about your server setup would be immensely helpful (i.e., OS, what build of Bukkit you are running, what version of the plugin you're using, and the errors you see in your server console (if applicable))

10. Offline

detno

no i want to do anti creeper but i get a notification saying creature_spawn cant anounce in admin chat and it says error

11. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@detno If you're using an unmodified Bukkit console, then try right-clicking, going into the "Edit >" menu, and clicking Mark. Select the lines you want to copy, then hit ENTER to copy it to clipboard, and paste 'er here.

12. Offline

detno

win 7 ultimate edition 32 bit newest plugin one cause i downloaded it yesterday and This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-470-
    g8642b13-b452jnks (MC: 1.3)

13. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Wait...you're running build 470, it looks like. Eww. Download the latest recommended build here, which is should be build 556.

14. Offline

detno

ok ill try that for sum reason wen i googled newset craft ver that was the one

15. Offline

Infernus

Thanks for your support!

By the way, I think I found out how to make this MultiWorld compatible, but first I will have to sleep, go to school, read a book, and more stuff for school. I'll shedule it somewhere tomorow..

Click on the blue text 'here' in KoryuObihiro's post.

16. Offline

detno

i have and made a new server stil wont work does it kill creepers that are already spawned becuase i still see them

goodnight ill try to figure it out i still dont know y its not working

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  17. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@detno If you have General, Essentials, or some tool you can use to spawn a mob, try spawning a creeper, and seeing if it works. This tool stops the spawning of Creepers, not killing ones that are already alive. :p

18. Offline

detno

ok ill try spawning a creeper spawner

19. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@detno Bookmark this for future reference, chum. ;)

@Infernus No problem. :p Might as well help when I can.

20. Offline

detno

ty i did

no still spawning :( ill try later to c if theres a currupted file or somewhat

ok i think i got it no creepers any where thx for your help appreciate it

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  21. Offline

Infernus

Glad you got it working again! Thanks again for supporting, had internet crash and really needed some rest.

22. Offline

Infernus

Just a quick test I did here, still works fine with Bukkit #602.

23. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Multiwooooorld? :p

24. It loads on #602 but it gives errors when a player joins:

25. Offline

Naruchico

would like 617 update plz and thank you :D

26. I am on 617 and no problems here, it still works perfect and prevent creepers from spawning! Do you have a problem or haven't you tried it out?

Infernus likes this.
  27. Offline

risingson

#612 too

28. But it seems that it doesn't on #617, weird.

29. Offline

Infernus

However, it works on my private server. No creeper in sight, newest recommended version. Any other people where it's working?

30. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Using 617, working just fine for me. 0_o

31. Offline

Infernus

Confirmed. Will soon add Multiworld support.