[INACTIVE][MISC] Armor v1.3 - Giving more features to equipment. [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Joeyy, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Joeyy

Armor - Giving more features to armor
    Version: 1.2

This plugin lets you control the features I added to the plugin. If you have any ideas when it comes to new features, please let me know and I will try to add them!

Features

• Config file that lets you control the features.
    • CraftBukkitUpToDate support.
    • /equiparmor command (automaticly equips the type of armor)
    • Permissions support for the /equiparmor command ('Armor.equiparmor' as permissions node, OPS will always be able to use the command).
    • Permissions support for every feature!
    • Control fall damage for each type of shoe.
    • Control lava damage for each type of armor. (full set only)
    • Whenever you should get damage by hitting a cactus while wearing iron/chainmail/gold/diamond. (Leather is unlikely to be added since cactus will go through leather)
    • Control the missrate of monsters while wearing armor.
    Download V1.3
    Idea list
    • Control the durability of armor (unlimited/limited).
    Example config file (open)
    Code:
    ##Control falldamage for each boot type##
    Leather-Boots-Fall-Damage-Prevention: 1
    Iron-Boots-Fall-Damage-Prevention: 2
    Chain-Boots-Fall-Damage-Prevention: 2
    Gold-Boots-Fall-Damage-Prevention: 3
    Diamond-Boots-Fall-Damage-Prevention: 4

##Control lavadamage for each armor set##
    Set-Lava-Damage-Using-Leatherarmor: 4
    Set-Lava-Damage-Using-Ironarmor: 3
    Set-Lava-Damage-Using-Goldarmor: 3
    Set-Lava-Damage-Using-Chainarmor: 2
    Set-Lava-Damage-Using-Diamondarmor: 1

##Hurt on hitting cactus with armor (true/false)##
    ##Only supports iron/gold/diamond/chainmail armor##
    Hurt-On-Catcus-Contact-Prevention: true

##Control the chance (in %) of missed attacks done by monsters##
    ##Do not include the % symbol after your chance##
    Chance-Of-Missed-Attacks-While-Wearing-Leather: 5
    Chance-Of-Missed-Attacks-While-Wearing-Iron: 10
    Chance-Of-Missed-Attacks-While-Wearing-Gold: 14
    Chance-Of-Missed-Attacks-While-Wearing-Diamond: 20
    Chance-Of-Missed-Attacks-While-Wearing-Chainmail: 30

Permission nodes (open)
    Code:
    Missed attacks permission nodes:
    Armor.missleather
    Armor.missiron
    Armor.misschainmail
    Armor.missgold
    Armor.missdiamond

Disable damage by cactus permission nodes:
    Armor.cactusleather
    Armor.cactusiron
    Armor.cactuschainmail
    Armor.cactusgold
    Armor.cactusdiamond

Lava damage permission nodes:
    Armor.lavaleather
    Armor.lavairon
    Armor.lavachainmail
    Armor.lavagold
    Armor.lavadiamond

Fall damage permission nodes:
    Armor.fallleather
    Armor.falliron
    Armor.fallchainmail
    Armor.fallgold
    Armor.falldiamond

/equiparmor command permission node:
    Armor.equiparmor

Changelog:

Version 1.3
    • Added permissions for every feature.
    • Updated for #740.
    • Fixed error message at command.

Version 1.2
    • Added a damage dodging system with the ability to control the missrate of monsters for each specific armor type.
    • Fixed some command issues, it gives error message when you type it wrong.
    • Changed the config file (PLEASE DELETE OLD).

Version 1.1
    • Added a command that automaticly equips you with the whole armor of a type.
    • Added permission support for the command (add 'Armor.equiparmor' [FONT=%value]as permissions node to the group, OPs will always be able to use it).[/FONT]
    • Added chainmail to the plugin (as requested).
    • Generates a new config file (please delete the old).
    Version 1.0

• Just changed version to 1.0 instead of 0.1 (this is easier for me when it comes to bugfixing)
    • Bug fix when restarting the server (this was fixed with a new config filetype)
    • New config filetype(config.properties is what it is now called)
    Version 0.1

• Release

kahlilnc likes this.
  2. Offline

MrAllthat

Did you get this idea from my post on the suggestions forum? I just posted it a couple hours ago haha

3. Offline

Joeyy

Haha, thats funny!
    However I didnt get this idea from you. I was working on this plugin like 3 days ago, when I was trying to set the speed of a player. This however didn't work out because velocity is very strange. Now I ended up with these ideas!

4. Offline

MrAllthat

I thought this kind of plugin was missing from bukkit. I kind of figured velocity would be bugged because the client expects you to move at a certain rate and you will keep getting reset to your real position by the server every update interval.

5. Offline

Joeyy

I'll try something later, don't know if it will work though!
    Also, if you have any ideas, feel free to tell me.

6. Offline

MrAllthat

well the usual gold armors give fire/lava resistance (different amounts for each piece of armor)
    helmet 10%
    chest piece 30%
    pants 20%
    shoes 12%
    or something like that.

Diamond armor could give reduced arrow damage (suggested by Utanix in my server).

different effects for different combinations of armors:
    Pure sets give a set bonus (think diablo II)

if we had item id's you could assign special properties to specific items (not types but that individual item) to make them imbued or magical.

7. Offline

Zarius

Love this idea - cacti finally don't punch through iron :D Set bonuses for pure sets would be cool - don't want anything overpowered though (or at least configurable).

Like the idea of running faster in leather boots if you can do it. Perhaps chat to the developer of QuickStrasse as he's working on velocity as well.

8. Offline

Joeyy

Currently working on damage lowering while wearing sets (damage would be controlable by the config).

Also I think I left a bug in this plugin when restarting the server. This is already fixed but I am releasing it asap (trying to finish damage per set so I can release all together)

9. Offline

MineralMC

10. Offline

Joeyy

Eh for what are you aiming?

Update:
    Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    • Just changed version to 1.0 instead of 0.1 (this is easier for me when it comes to bugfixing)
    • Bug fix when restarting the server (this was fixed with a new config filetype)
    • New config filetype(config.properties is what it is now called)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  11. Offline

Shanev

I would implement sth. that makes it worth wearing leather armor:
    - higher jump
    - increased run speed (or decrease the running speed if u're wearing an iron/gold/diamond armor - this would be more realistic, since it wouldn't affect the speed, when wearing no armor at all)
    - maybe more air under water, so you can dive longer than with iron/gold/diamond armor

another topic: please let it be compatible with mcMMO ;)

12. Offline

Joeyy

The top 2 won't be implemented yet as this is very buggy and I am not able to get it working properly.
    However the third one is indeed possible but this doesn't really get me excited. I will implement this if more people are asking about it ;)

13. Offline

Shanev

Maybe you find some other advantages for wearing LEATHER and GOLDEN armor.

There are just not useful enough as they are :) Maybe you could transform the golden armor in sth. like a anti-lava armor, which nearly completely avoids lava damage, but is damaged really fast. So, surviving one bath in an underground lava pool will eventually destroy most of it.

This can cause players to exchange their iron armor against a gold one, when they are mining :)

For the leather armor I have no other ideas so far.

14. Offline

Flenix

Maybe instead of gold boots emitting light, a gold helmet? Seems a lot more sensible, miners tend to have a torch on their heads not their shoes;)

Also building on above post, for improving leather armour:
    Metal armours are stronger against melee and blades
    Leather armour is stronger against arrows and heat (eg ghast attacks like the Fireball in Spells) - maybe TNT/creepers too?

I suggest that because the metal armour would get too hot in the heat of an explosion etc :)

15. Offline

Joeyy

I am now working on setting mobs their damage for each armor sets(leather/iron/gold/diamond), this will include the mobs: skeleton/spider/zombie/creeper.

Also about the golden helmet giving light instead of shoes is more realistic but I would like to see it on the boots instead. But thats just me :).

16. Offline

Sphax

Nice MOD ! :)
    Would it be possible to add :
    - the chainmail armor. (I know it's not possible to get it by default but I've enable it with a custom craft, thanks to cookbook, and I would love to handle this like a melt of leather and iron armours.
    - the pumpkin on head.

Adding the following effects would be cool :
    - destroy block on fall (with a certain type of armor - like the heavy ones) ?
    - arrow protection
    - light emitter (I like your idea) :)
    - super jump ?

And maybe some ideas like :
    - "blowing" power : this one would eject any monsters/entities/players away from the caster ?
    - "super blowing" power : this one would destroy any sand/gravel/soulsand around (like 4 blocks around) and eject any monsters/entities/players away ?
    - "burst" power : this one would destroy any block/entities (other than bedstone) around (like 4 blocks around) and eject any monsters/players away ?
    These powers would be used by right clicking in air with hand for example or with a diamond in hand AND by wearing a type of armor ?

17. Offline

Joeyy

- the chainmail armor. (I know it's not possible to get it by default but I've enable it with a custom craft, thanks to cookbook, and I would love to handle this like a melt of leather and iron armours.
    Is coming

- the pumpkin on head.
    Will do later.

- arrow protection
    Will come later.

- super jump ?
    Is extremely buggy, could try when I got time!

- destroy block on fall (with a certain type of armor - like the heavy ones) ?
    Will look into it.

About the powers, I dont know. Don't really like the idea, maybe as a seperate plugin though?

18. Offline

DaanSterk

No permissions? ;(

19. Offline

Joeyy

How would you see this having support for permissions?
    I don't really see why people need permissions for this plugin.

20. Offline

DaanSterk

We run a roleplay server called Honorcraft, and we're adding new features etc.
    Anyway, we want to add certain uses of this plugin to certain roles :).

21. Offline

Joeyy

Ah I see, I'll get an update out in the weekend including some more features, including permissions!

22. Offline

DaanSterk

Wonderful! :)!

23. Offline

IceReaper

it would be awesome, cause i could add a chainmail shop in my player city, and give chainmail extreme armor etc :) As soon as chainmail is added and the global armor can be set i will use it on my server! :)

24. Offline

Joeyy

So far i added chainmail and a command that automaticly equips armor when you type /equiparmor TYPE (type = leather/iron/gold/diamond/chainmail)

Got some bugs here and there, also i need to add permission for other stuff (only command has permissions support so far)

25. Offline

Zarius

Just an idea for the equipping sets of armour: if you can hook into the right-click of inventory items perhaps when you right-click any armour piece it equips that and any other pieces of the same type that you are carrying.

26. Offline

Joeyy

there are no inventory hooks atm!

Version 1.1
    • Added a command that automaticly equips you with the whole armor of a type.
    • Added permission support for the command (add 'Armor.equiparmor' [FONT=%value]as permissions node to the group, OPs will always be able to use it).[/FONT]
    • Added chainmail to the plugin (as requested).
    • Generates a new config file (please delete the old).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

27. Offline

Shooty

"Gold boots giving light (this has a low priority)."

LOW Priority =( ?? I NEEEEEEDDDDDDDD THAT :( :p

Can you up this in your list :/ ?

(Sorry for language, i'm french)

Thx :)

28. Offline

Joeyy

It is very hard to code lightning, so thats why its low priority~

Version 1.2
    • Added a damage dodging system with the ability to control the missrate of monsters for each specific armor type.
    • Fixed some command issues, it gives error message when you type it wrong.
    • Changed the config file (PLEASE DELETE OLD).

29. Offline

Shooty

Okay np :)

30. Offline

DaanSterk

No permissions :(?