[MISC] BlockPaint v1.5.1 - Paint material with the block in your hand [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tempelchat, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Tempelchat

Version: v1.5.1 - lastest Download [860-1317]
    Source: Download

Description:
    BlockPaint copies the material from the block in hand. On leftclick it will put it onto the targeted block without removing anything.
    It just copies the material onto the target block.

Permissions by Nijikokun is supported but NOT necessary!

Usage:
    • /blockpaint [on|off]
    Features
    • Take a block in your hand and paint it somewhere
    • You can destroy blocks with bare hands.
    • You can create/repair trees by using /i <log|leaves>:<type> put a block there and overwrite
    Permissions:

• add - 'blockpaint.general' to the config.yml of Permissions
    Properties

Code:
    #allowed Blocks
    Blocks = 0-25,35,41-49,52,54,56-58,60-62,66,70,72,73,74,78-92
    TODO:
    Changelog:

• v1.5.1 fixed for higher block-ids (dl) [600-1317]
    • v1.5 Improved paint-code , recomm build (dl) [600-1317]
    • v1.4 Added properties file (download); fixed horrible bug... (good that I didn't post the src) [531-556]
    • v1.3 updating to newest bukkit build [483]; renamed to BlockPaint (download); still working with [483-531]
    • v1.2 something
    • v1.1 Added Permissions (by Nijikokun) support
    • v1.0 Release

2. Offline

Pookie21

so it works great, big deal. what do ya want, a cookie? psh.

ha just kidding. but seriously. good work here.

3. Offline

Tempelchat

Thank you for your feedback!

Any suggestions?

4. Offline

navifan22

how do i use a zip file? i can never figure out how to

5. Offline

RugRats

update please

6. Offline

Tempelchat

Sorry, for no reply! School you know (or not). Hope I get this updated soon!

7. Offline

Wulfspider

I'd love to see this updated. I haven't really found anything else like it so far...

8. Offline

Tempelchat

That's why I made this :D
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 9:50 AM ---
    Updated!

9. Offline

Pookie21

thanks! had to stop using it for awhile there... PHEW

10. Offline

FoxTail8000

Thank you for developing this plugin ! Works smoothly. [​IMG]

Small Request: I would like to see a 'Copy & Paste' feature please. [​IMG]

11. Offline

Tempelchat

What do you exactly mean with copy and paste? Can you explain that a little bit further?

12. Offline

Josh Harwood

can you get this to work with big brother? greifers can paint a whole wall with tnt and BB doesn't know anythings changed D:

13. Offline

Tempelchat

Hm, I think that this is not possible (can be wrong). If there's an api I'll use this. I don't want to write into the bb database manually.

14. Offline

Tulips

says im not aloud to use blockpaint when i type in the command :/
    edit: got it to work

15. Offline

Tempelchat

Good to hear that it is still working :D

16. Offline

Tempelchat

Updated! You can now adjust the allowed Blocktypes!

17. Offline

ratty

I tried this today, I want to take something that is all white wool and color it. But if the block is already cloth, it wont change the color, I have to change the block to something else, then I can change it to red wool for example.

18. Offline

Tempelchat

Ah, yeah, sorry. Fix this when I'm at home. If you have luck, my teacher allows me to fix it during the lesson.

19. Offline

Tempelchat

Updated to newest recommended build and improved overwriting code.

20. Offline

pocketpcer

Hi I'm Bart and I'm new to building plugins. I actually made one plugin called SomeStuff which gives you stuff like /somestone and that, but I want to make a simular plugin to yours but only I want the block to change in a random block when your using a stick, it's called TheWand. Only I don't know how to get the block which is clicked by the user. Could you maybe tell me how to do this?

21. Offline

Tempelchat

I use the BLOCK_DAMAGE event to fine out on which bock had been klicked.

I'll release the src when I'm at home.

22. Offline

flying_pancake

This plugin is amazing. Could we get a little more utility...?

/blockpaint -- toggles blockpaint on or off
    /blockpaint [on / off] -- same function
    /blockpaint radius # -- paint in a radius (flat), # = radius
    /blockpaint sphere # -- paint in a spherical radius
    /blockpaint square # -- paint in a square area, # = size
    /blockpaint cube # -- paint in a cubical area, # = volumetric size

23. Offline

Tempelchat

Could you please post some screenshots how it looks before and after? I especially can't imagine how the sphere should work.

24. Offline

Nitnelave

Still works with 684. Thanks for this great plugin!

25. Offline

Skrolan

Really awesome job it works:p thank you so much keep upp the good work

26. Offline

Lame One

Hey, you better not be getting lazy with this! I'm loving this, and would love to see a few more features. On my server, our main admin uses Voxel semi-frequently, but does not like to do so because it is, in a way, cheating. This is amazing, because it only saves time. If there were a way to swap entire areas with this, it's be amazing.

27. Offline

Tempelchat

Do you mean when you click on grass it replaces also all adjecent grass?

28. Offline

Lame One

Kinda. That would be good too, but also an option to replace a 5x5 square, for instance. Again, if you didn't loose the items as you put them down, essentially giving yourself infinite, it wouldn't be nearly as good. I'd just love a fast way to build/change things without cheating.

Also, if you get a circle thing up, maybe set it to replace air too? Like set up single floating block, hit it with a 5x5 square, and it will appear, taking out 25 blocks of whatever from your inventory. Just a suggestion. This is great as it is.

Well... It seems I misunderstood the plugin. It does in fact give you infinite blocks... Woops... If you could change that, I'd love you, but honestly, I'm not all that interested now. Sorry.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  29. Offline

FoxTail8000

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

What I meant by copy & paste feature is when you look at a targeted block, type like (example: /bp copy or /blockpaint copy), You hold the block in your hand and paint that block on other blocks.

30. Offline

weasel5i2

@Tempelchat, I created an algorithm which changes all adjacent blocks of the same type, kind of like the paint bucket tool in a paint program.. Please, feel free to incorporate that into your plugin if you'd like. :) It does use a timer though, because a huge repaint operation would most certainly block the thread (no pun intended)

https://github.com/weasel5i2/Zap and
    https://github.com/weasel5i2/PaintBucket
    (Zap is more up-to-date) - both are covered under the WTFPL, so feel free to use/modify/etc. ^_^