Inactive [MISC] HeroBounty v1.9.0 - Bounty Board / Hit List [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DThielke, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Offline

DThielke

HeroBounty Bounty Board / Hitlist Plugin (v 1.9.0)
    Download HeroBounty
    Source Code on GitHub This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Show your thanks! Maintaining plugins like this one is very nearly a full time job. If you enjoy my plugins and appreciate the support I provide, then please consider providing some support of your own. Donating even a tiny amount keeps me motivated and makes me feel loved so go ahead and donate!

HeroBounty adds a whole new dimension to Minecraft PvP. For anyone who has ever been killed by another player and wanted them to pay, but just didn't want to spend the time hunting them down, here is your answer! HeroBounty adds a public hit list to your server, allowing players to anonymously post hits against their enemies for a reward paid out of their pocket. Other players can take on the role of bounty hunter, competing to fulfill bounties and earn the reward.

HeroBounty is a plugin originally developed for the HeroCraft server and is now officially being released to the public.

Enjoy!

Features:
    • Anonymously issue hits against your enemies!
    • Become a bounty hunter and kill for pay!
    • Economy support! Earn in-game money for completing hits! Supports any economy that Register supports.
    • And more!
    Usage:

The available commands are summarized in the screenshot below. Any parameters in <angled brackets> are required. Any <id#> parameters require the position of the item in the relevant bounty list.

[​IMG]

1. Creating a bounty
    The /bounty new command posts a new bounty against the player and for the amount provided. A percentage based cut is taken out of the supplied amount; the remaining money is posted as the reward for the hit.

[​IMG]

2. Viewing available bounties
    The /bounty list command lists all available bounties and their associated rewards. Bounties are sorted from highest to lowest reward. This list keeps both the bounty issuer and the target anonymous. You will not discover the target of the bounty until you accept it.

[​IMG]

3. Accepting a bounty
    To accept a bounty, use the /bounty accept command and give it the id# of the bounty you'd like. Accepting a bounty incurs a small fee - usually 5% of the award value. Once accepted, you will be given the target's name and the duration of your issued bounty will start to count down. If you fail to kill the target in the given duration, the bounty will be retracted and you will have to purchase it again to continue.

[​IMG]

4. Finding a target
    To help in finding targets, use the /bounty locate command. This command displays a list of your targets and their approximate. Target locations are rounded to the nearest 100 blocks by default, but this value can be changed in the configuration. These locations are only meant to give you a rough idea of where your target is. It is up to you as the bounty hunter to actually track down the player and complete the hit.

[​IMG]

5. Completing a bounty
    If you manage to kill a player for whom you have purchased a bounty for, you will be given the reward associated with the hit. The server will be publicly alerted of your success. The target (now dead) will receive a small monetary penalty - usually 5% of the award value.

[​IMG]

Installation:
    1. Download the latest version of the plugin from the link at the top of this page.
    2. Extract the contents of the archive to your /plugins folder.
    3. Open /plugins/HeroBounty/config.yml and configure to your liking.
    4. Save the modified file and start your server.
    Configuration:

All of the settings related to HeroBounty are stored in your /plugins/HeroBounty/data.yml file in YAML format. If you are unfamiliar with YAML, simply follow the pattern found in the config.yml file in the archive you downloaded. The comments in this default file, prefaced with a #, describe what each of the configuration options do.

Permissions:
    If found, HeroBounty will make use of TheYeti's Permissions plugin. The three available permission nodes are described below:
    • herobounty.new - allows use of /bounty new
    • herobounty.accept - allows use of /bounty accept
    • herobounty.locate - allows use of /bounty locate
    • herobounty.list - allows use of /bounty list
    • herobounty.untargettable - makes a player unable to be targetted by bounties
    A Message to Users

Thanks for all your support! I will do my best to keep this plugin updated and bug free. If you have any issues or feature requests, feel free to either leave a message here or find me on IRC.

Thanks to Nijikokun for help with making the plugin display nicely formatted messages!

Extra special thanks to my donors: wildshoetwt

Change Log:
    Version 1.9.0
    • Added Register support. Removed the negative balances option.
    Version 1.8.0

Version 1.7.7

• Added additional NPE checks in Economy
    • Added the herobounty.list permission to regulate use of /bounty list
    Version 1.7.6

• Updated for CB 612
    Version 1.7.4

• Commands now load even if iConomy isn't found (woops)
    Version 1.7.3

• Fixed a silly mistake regarding parameterized messages
    Version 1.7.2

• Finished majority of internal rewrite
    • Made iConomy optional (although it might be buggy without it - please test!)
    Version 1.7.1

• Added the bounty.locate permission
    Version 1.7.0

• Added Permissions support, including the herobounty.new, herobounty.accept and herobounty.untargettable nodes
    Version 1.6.0

• Added compass-based locations with /bounty locate <id#>
    • Revamped help menu
    • Added command specific help. Type /<command> ? to use it (ie. /bounty new ?)
    Version 1.5.0

• Updated to work with iConomy 4.3
    Version 1.46

• Removed a debug message I accidentally left in - no more console spam
    Version 1.45

• Fixed bounty kills not registering.
    Version 1.44

• Revamped the /bounty locate command
    • Added new configuration option to adjust location rounding
    Version 1.41

• Updated to meet new Bukkit standards
    • Fixed long constructor spam
    • Now using new damage events
    Version 1.40

• Added the option to allow a target's balance to go negative if they cannot afford the death penalty
    Version 1.30

• Added the option to pay hunters an inconvenience fee for cancelled bounties
    Version 1.20

• Introduced the /bounty locate command
    • Added new configuration options regarding location updating
    Version 1.10

• Bug fix: players can no longer accept bounties on themselves
    • Redone message displays
    • Death penalty is now configurable
    • Plugin message prefix is now configurable
    • Server admins can now decide whether they want target names to show on the bounty list
    • Supports plugins that modify names such as iChat
    Version 1.01

• A global message is now sent when a new bounty has been placed.
    Version 1.00

• Initial public release!

Zino, Dimochka, paste120 and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

majorcyto

No way! >_> I was JUST talking about this EXACT system yesterday to my server LOL!

Thank you :]]]]]] Ill put it in and let you know if there is anything wrong etc as usual like i did with hero chat. :p

3. Offline

DThielke

Thanks for the support. I'm pretty psyched to have this added to the server I play on tbh.

4. Offline

majorcyto

Thank you! For releasing your awesome plugins to us to :]!!

5. Offline

DThielke

Super minor (but useful) update.

Changelog:
    Version 1.01
    • A global message is now sent when a new bounty has been placed.

6. Offline

Kainzo

DThielke is really killing in the plugin development department :) and another one added to the wall of HC Coding!

Please test this and let us know if you see any bugs.
    --- merged: Feb 4, 2011 3:38 PM ---
    1) /bounty list - will show the list of the NAME and the COIN amount for the player once we have the Inter-town connect (if anything it will be a configurable option)
    2) We will keep the fees/tax in.

3) We will make it where you cant collect the bounty yourself via arrow death.

4) We will have it where staff members (admin+ groups) Cannot have bounties placed on them.

5) We will have an admin command to remove bounty X

7. Offline

Racha

Looks so cool, can you make this use signs?
    Like -
    WANTED
    Player name
    REWARD
    reward here :D

And then just click on them, when you have killed him..
    Or better - The sign disappears when the player is killed.

sawyer likes this.
  8. Offline

Nijikokun

Can I get the source? I have a few ideas I wish to implement.

9. Offline

Kainzo

unfortunately we wont be using signs at this time - though maybe in the future - Our plugins are to be LIGHTWEIGHT so they dont get bogged down or broken each update. Parts of the code that deals with signs usually change drastically each update (ie Stargate breaking like crazy in hmod every push)

We will be releasing the source soon - its not at the point yet, going to fix some issues first.

10. Offline

Racha

but it could be so cool.. signs.. :D

11. Offline

Kainzo

You could just so easily make a sign with the name and the bounty after you created it in a central location.

12. Offline

unrivaledneo

Another great plugin, about time someone got this done keep up the work.

Looks like bounty hunter in my star wars server will be coming soon :p

13. Offline

Kainzo

Just to note - we will be setting it as an option to allow for configurable preferences with WHO sets the bounty for HOW MUCH and who to KILL.

On our server - we want anon on both sides except the coin amount - because players will be able to exploit the system by 'setting up' bounty completions to gain money.

14. Offline

shadydeath999

it doesnt work with colored names of ichat

15. Offline

Kainzo

No where did we state it was working with colored names or iChat (though the plugin itself will work fine with any chat plugin) - the colored names are by default set to be a certain color - we advise you use HeroChat for your chat channel needs if you want colored names in chat.

16. Offline

shadydeath999

cant u just make it compatible with i chat?

17. Offline

DThielke

The issue with supporting iChat in this case is that iChat's changes are reflected by player.getDisplayName(), which is only available to me when that player is online. Therefore, to get the colors to show consistently, I'd have to store not only the player's normal name, but also their display name. For now, I don't see myself adding this just to get colors in bounty messages. I might change my mind in the future, but for now I'm standing by this.
    --- merged: Feb 4, 2011 8:54 PM ---
    Change of plans.

Expect an update including iChat name support as well as a few other changes in a few minutes.

18. Offline

Silentspy

accepted and moved :)

19. Offline

dak393

OMG YES thank you ^^

20. Offline

Kainzo

No - sorry this isnt part of our plugin philosophy to keep things lightweight.
    Thanks Silent!
    I'm glad you enjoy! please give us feedback too!

21. Offline

DThielke

New update!

NOTE: If you were using the plugin prior to 1.10, please take a look at the new default config.yml file for added options.

Change Log:
    Version 1.10
    • Bug fix: players can no longer accept bounties on themselves
    • Redone message displays
    • Death penalty is now configurable
    • Plugin message prefix is now configurable
    • Server admins can now decide whether they want target names to show on the bounty list
    • Supports plugins that modify names such as iChat

22. Offline

lucky644

The force is strong with this plugin.

23. Offline

Nijikokun

24. Offline

riuthamus

if we showed you our code for our currency plugin ( custom in house ) could you possibly create a hook for that as well?

25. Offline

DThielke

Possibly. Upload it somewhere and I'll take a look.

26. Offline

Kainzo

We'll need to add in pages for the bounties if we havent already.
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 2:06 AM ---
    And a way for admins to force/refund a bounty at some point.

27. Offline

Daveyo

wow, thank you for sharing this with us, an amazing addon

28. Offline

Kainzo

We like to give back!

29. Offline

DThielke

A paged bounty list has been included with 1.10.

30. Offline

Daveyo

wow im a noob