Inactive [MISC] HeroSneak 1.2.4 - The Auto Sneak plugin to hide your name! [302~1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SquallSeeD31, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Offline

SquallSeeD31

HeroSneak - The Auto Sneak plugin to hide your name! (v1.2.4)
    Download HeroSneak 1.2.4 [CraftBukkit 561+]
    Download HeroSneak 1.0.4 [CraftBukkit 560-]
    Latest Jar Only
    Source

COMPATIBILITY UPDATE: Due to recent changes in CraftBukkit version 561, all server admins upgrading to this version of CraftBukkit or higher will need to download HeroSneak 1.0.5 or higher. Server admins running CraftBukkit 560 and below should download HeroSneak 1.0.4, thank you for your understanding.

HeroSneak allows players to persistently turn on "sneaking", making them appear to other players to be crouching and making their name transparent. This project was originally developed for the HeroCraft SMP server based on demand for a port of the "AutoSneak" hey0 plugin by SirApropos.

Features
    • Type /sneak to hide your name while still moving at full speed!
    • Optionally specify a duration (in seconds) for how long the sneak should last, and a cooldown (in seconds) to prevent casting /sneak again too soon!
    • Grant Autosneak permission to sneak automatically on login - great for maintaining stealth even through a disconnect!
    • Support for Permissions plugin, defining your own list of players or just using Server Ops
    • Doesn't interfere with the Minecraft sneak mechanic, which still allows players to slow their movement speed and not fall!
    Installation

1. Download latest .ZIP archive from the link at the top
    2. Extract the archive into your plugins directory
    3. Open /plugins/HeroSneak/config.yml and configure to taste
    4. Save configuration file and reload your server
    Configuration

config.yml
    The config file contains default messages (use "&#" notation to define colors), options, and designated players to use sneak/autosneak (if not using the Permissions plugin).

This file is saved in the YAML format, so please be sure to maintain the formatting and change only the element values. It will be created automatically with default values if it doesn't exist.

Configuration Example:
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    ##Set colors with &[0-F], so &7 would be grey
        sneakOff: '&5You are no longer sneaking.'
        sneakCooldown: '&4You must wait <time> seconds before you may sneak again.'
    permissions:
        sneak:
        - kaliven
        - bargraphics
        autosneak:
        - squallseed31
        - kaliven
        - bargraphics
    ##permissions: Which permission system to use.  "permissions" for Nijikokun's plugin; "config" to define your own permissions above; "ops" to only let server ops sneak; "none" to let everybody sneak!
    ##opsAutoSneak: For "permissions" permission system, decide whether or not users with '*' permissions should autosneak. For "ops" or "config", decide whether or not MC ops should autosneak.  For "none", decide whether or not everyone should autosneak.
    ##timers: How often (in seconds) for each action to occur, set 0 to disable.
    ###refresh: How often sneak status should be refreshed (players who are not near you when you type /sneak won't see you sneaking unless you're refreshed)
    ###duration: How long sneak should last before being toggled off automatically
    ###cooldown: How long to wait after turning sneak on before it can be activated again
    options:
        timers:
            duration: 0
            cooldown: 0
            refresh: 5
        permissions: config
        opsAutoSneak: false

Permissions
    herosneak.sneak (Use /sneak to toggle sneaking status)
    herosneak.auto (Sneak will automatically be set on login)
    herosneak.exempt (User is exempt from cooldown/duration)

Changelog (Download Full Changelog)
    Version 1.2.4
    • Fixed/added Multi-World support lost on teleport
    Version 1.2.3
    • Added "herosneak.off" permission to remove sneak upon world change if present
    Version 1.2.2
    • Finally, at long last, fixed players losing sneak on teleport/respawn.
    Version 1.2.1
    • Fixed Permissions failsafe to not overwrite the permission system in config.yml

kahlilnc and Phaedrus like this.
  2. Offline

zingzam

cool but is there a way to make admins not sneak automatically ?

3. Offline

Snowl

Clever :p It doesn't hide it completely but its still pretty cool :D

4. Offline

unrivaledneo

i was using vanish plugin for something like this which was pretty cool making a stealthy job but never worked gotta try this out.

5. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Still trying to think of a good way to implement this option with the Permissions plugin. Most server admins grant themselves '*', which would naturally pass the "herosneak.auto" test, but may not necessarily want themselves to autosneak.

I can't rely on them to be in ops.txt, so I can't just use the opsAutoSneak option to cover that.

So I'm still thinking about it, but in the meantime, it may be easier to simply instruct admins to type /sneak once when they log in, and it'll turn it off.

6. Offline

Kainzo

Yet another addition to our coding team! Hoorah!

7. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Updated to 1.0.1 to remove the nag-message about using a stupidly-long constructor for later versions of CraftBukkit.

8. Offline

General_Zero

Erm, the plugin isn't loading up.

9. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Which version of HeroSneak, which version of CraftBukkit, and are you getting any error messages?

10. Offline

RagingMonocle

I am not using the permissions plugin.
    How do you configure it so everyone can use /sneak, and not only the ops without using permissions?

11. Offline

phaed

link not working for me

12. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Hmm... is there any error message, or just 404?

I was able to get it to work, but it's just a Dropbox. If I had better hosting available on the cheap, I'd use it. Either way, could you try again and let me know?

13. Offline

phaed

ah working now, thanks

14. Offline

Kainzo

Tested against build 432

15. Offline

Juze

Done before, but this still seems great. Thanks for yet another useful plugin!

16. Offline

RagingMonocle

Sorry for reposting, but I really want an answer :)

I am not using the permissions plugin.
    How do you configure it so everyone can use /sneak, and not only the ops without using permissions?

17. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Sorry; I had seen that and meant to respond, but got busy outside of the Minecraft community. Interestingly enough, I had thought about whether or not a server admin would want to allow everyone to use /sneak, but I decided against explicit support because "they can just grant herosneak.sneak to default"... unless you don't use "Permissions".

So I added support in v1.0.2 (compatible with 432!) for you to specify "none" as your "permissions:" in the config.yml (in the /plugins/HeroSneak directory), which will allow everyone to use /sneak. If you want them to autosneak on top of that, set "opsAutoSneak: true".

18. Offline

Marsunpaisti

For some reason my config resets whenever I try to edit it

19. Offline

SquallSeeD31

When HeroSneak is enabled (either by starting the server or using the reload command), it loads all of its configuration variables into memory from the file. Then, it immediately saves the file with all the variables it just read. This is done so that if the admin doesn't have a config.yml, or if I add new configuration options in the future, default values will be saved to the file. If the option exists, its current value will be saved, so it is only overwriting the file with what's already there.

So I guess it depends on when you're trying to edit the file. As long as you save the file before you start or reload the server, it should just read your file and save it as-is.

20. Offline

phondeux

I'm seeing the same thing;
    • Edit file prior to loading server, it resets itself to permissions: ops on server stop.
    • Edit file during server running, it resets itself to permissions: ops on server stop.
    Pretty much the config.yml is uneditable.
    craftbukkit build 439 and whatever build of HeroSneak is available up there.

21. Offline

Abrupt

you can make all users have sneak on by default, and a permissions value disables it.

edit: shit, nevermind, will result in the same problem in reverse =/

22. Offline

SquallSeeD31

If the only value that gets reset is permissions:, that's actually intended as a safeguard to allow the plugin to load at all. What's happening is the Permissions plugin you're using isn't detected by HeroSneak, so it defaults to ops so it can continue loading.

So if that's your issue, I'd recommend updating Permissions, or setting permissions: to "config" and setting it up manually via config.yml

23. Offline

RagingMonocle

That's awesome. Thanks alot!

24. Offline

phondeux

I'm not using the Permissions plugin - I'm just using your plugin and want all players to be able to sneak by default. How do I do that in your configs Permission section, [*] instead of null?

[edit] - Nope, that didn't work; it choked on the asterix. :(

25. Offline

SquallSeeD31

If you want everyone to be able to sneak, set options.permissions to "none". If you want everyone to also autosneak (be sneaking when they log in), set opsAutoSneak to "true"

Code:
    options:
        refreshInterval: 5
        permissions: none
        opsAutoSneak: false

26. Offline

phondeux

I'm saying that doesn't work; your plugin resets permissions to Ops and nobody is able to use it.

27. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Sorry to ask so many questions, but which CraftBukkit build is this? I'm testing against 432, but I'm going to look into it deeper and see if I can figure out what--precisely--is causing the issue you're observing.

Nevermind, I found it; download v1.0.3 and it should work just fine for you with the "none" permission.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  28. Offline

phondeux

Whatever you did, solved it! Thank you!

29. Offline

AbNox

Could you possilby upload it for version 1.2 please ?

30. Offline

SquallSeeD31

It should work in version 1.2 as long as your CraftBukkit version is 403+ (but under whenever they switched to 1.3).

If you need a build that works from 302~403, let me know.