[MISC/INFO] Dynmap-Factions v0.72- Display Factions territories on Dynmap maps [1.6.4-R1.0+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Mike Primm, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Mike Primm

Version 0.72

Latest stable and unstable builds
    Source Code
    Wiki

Supported versions:
    Dynmap-Factions provides a simple way to add visibility of Faction territories on Dynmap's maps. The plugin depends on the presence of both Dynmap and Factions, and interacts directly with the Factions API. Updates to territories are automatically processed (on a settable period - default is once per 5 minutes (300 seconds)). By default, the plugin will be active after simply installing it (by unzipping the distribution into the plugins/ directory and restarting the server).

Territories of any shape are supported, and a proper outline border is computed and displayed that will encompass all the contiguous blocks of a given faction territory (limitation - 'holes' in the middle of a territory may still be shaded to look like part of the territory). Clicking on the territory will display a popup with a configurable set of data on the town.

Dynmap-Factions will also show configurable icons for the home location for each faction.

Visibility of regions can be controlled via the 'visibleregions' and 'hiddenregions' settings. Besides listing the names of the regions to be made visible or hidden, entries with the format 'world:<worldname>' can be used to make all regions on a given world visible or hidden.

Also, the display of the region outlines can be restricted to a minimum zoom-in level, via the 'minzoom' setting. When non-zero, this setting causes the region outlines to only be displayed at or beyond the given zoom-in level.
    Note: If you are currently using the region component for Factions in Dynmap, you should disable that support while installing Dynmap-Factions.

[​IMG]
    Configuration:
    After the first load, there will be a config.yml file in the plugins/Dynmap-Factions directory. Details of the default configuration, and all the provided settings, can be found here

Change Log:
    • 0.72 - Prevent repeated refreshes when lots of Faction update events happen quickly
    • 0.71 - Fix handling of player visibility for players in None (Wilderness) faction
    • 0.70 - Fix exception when factions have home position set
    • 0.60 - Fixes for Factions v2.0.0 : handle 'Universes' properly
    • 0.50 - Update for Factions v2.0.0, add support for using resolution boosting on faction claimed areas
    • 0.40 - Updates for newer Factions versions, avoid exception during /dynmap reload (stale markers)
    • 0.30 - Support configuration reload via /dynmap reload; add anonymous usage stats via mcstats.org
    • 0.21 - Fix API compatibility issues with 1.6.8 and earlier 1.7.5 beta builds; add '%description%' macro (thanks to talmor)
    • 0.20 - Add visibility-by-faction option (requires dynmap 0.60) - let faction members see one another when player info protection is on; add '%flag.FLAGID% macros - substitute any flag values into info windows; add missing flags to %flags% output; handle /dynmap reload - reload config.yml
    • 0.18 - Update for Factions 1.7.5 beta
    • 0.17 - Update to CB 1.2.4-R1.0
    • 0.16 - Update to CB 1.1 event system (1.1-R5 READY)
    • 0.15 - Fix format of member list - will wrap properly in popup
    • 0.14 - Update for Factions 1.6.5c
    • 0.13 - Update to fix break due to API change in Factions 1.6.3
    • 0.12 - Add 'minzoom' setting to hide outlines below given zoom in level; add 'world:<worldname>' option for 'visibleregions' and 'hiddenregions'
    • 0.11 - Fixes for outline calculation: should fix some issues with seeing complex regions
    • 0.10 - Initial Release

Darkrai142857 and DoomLord like this.
  2. Offline

Olof Larsson

Great :) When we release Factions version 1.7 I might be able to help update this using pull-requests.

3. Offline

Mike Primm

That'd be super! I'd appreciate a simple method for the Board class to get the block data in a fashion better suited for what I need (basically all the block coordinates, but organized by faction, then by world within the faction) - the existing call I'm using is for your persistence format (which is faction, by coordinate, by world), and I'm concerned about the performance of having to convolve the data. Even just having a call to access the map of blocks, or just produce a list of them would be cool. Other thing that would be very cool is for you guys to kick our one or more custom events that I could monitor to know when the map has changed, or faction attributes have changed (so that polling isn't needed, or isn't needed as frequently).

4. Offline

Olof Larsson

Yeah. We should use a more event driven design. You are right. I'll PM you my skype.

5. Offline

winter4w

I get this

21:53:20 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Dynmap-Factions v0.10 (Is it up
    to date?): org/dynmap/DynmapAPI
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/dynmap/DynmapAPI
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.onEnable(DynmapFactionsPlugi
    n.java:477)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:188)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:957)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:280)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:182)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:165
    )
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:428)
    at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:187)
    at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:
    22)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:16
    3)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    70)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    66)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:553)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:530)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.dynmap.DynmapAPI
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:24)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 16 more

6. Offline

Mike Primm

Check that your dynmap is at least v0.25.

Found a minor bug that is actually in dynmap itself. The specifics are that more complicated outlines (ones with lots of corners) may, at some zoom levels, be improperly 'smoothed' - that is, some corners may be dropped to simplify the shape. Its a behavior of the library we use (Leaflet) that I failed to disable. The latest dynmap dev build has a fix (0.26), or you can apply the following one line patch to line 107 of dynmap/web/js/markers.js:

Code:
    var style = { color: area.color, opacity: area.opacity, weight:  area.weight, fillOpacity: area.fillopacity, fillColor: area.fillcolor };

becomes
    Code:
    var style = { color: area.color, opacity: area.opacity, weight:  area.weight, fillOpacity: area.fillopacity, fillColor: area.fillcolor,  smoothFactor: 0.0 };

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  7. Offline

Malific

How do I access and edit what Flags are shown by %flags% in the infowindow?

I'd very much like to remove the showing of open, peaceful etc and make it show allies and enemies instead.

8. Offline

maxsteele

Greetings,

I'm running Dynmap version 0.27-657, Factions 1.6.2 and Dynmap-Factions .11 .

When I bring up the server map, I see flags on it for the faction location, but I do not see any colored borders for factions or for safe zones.

I have used the default config file with dynmap-factions and do not have region component for Factions in Dynmap. I have no errors when my server starts up.

9. Offline

md_5

erickingsr and Mike Primm like this.
  10. Offline

monir

I dont get a dynmap faction directory or config.yml when i load at the first time i use 1.1 is that why?

11. Offline

Mike Primm

You've got both dynmap and Dynmap-Factions, right? It doesn't initialize until it sees both of its dependencies (Factions and the base 'dynmap'). I've got dynmap 0.29.2 and Factions 1.6.1 running on the current CB 1.1 build (1728).

12. Offline

ahorner

Same problem here except CB#1769, Dynmap-Factions (tried .12 and .13), Dynmap 0.29.2-719, Factions 1.6.2.
    Thoughts?

13. Offline

maxsteele

Mine actually started working shortly after I posted this. There was no issue and it was working fine.

We took it out because players did not like the attention it brought to each faction area.

14. Offline

snitride

hello there,
    i am getting following error with dynmap-factions 0.13 and the latest release of factions 1.6.3
    and cb#1791
    Code:
    [WARNING] Task of 'Dynmap-Factions' generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.massivecraft.factions.Faction.getFPlayers()Lja$
            at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.formatInfoWindow(DynmapFact$
            at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.handleFactionOnWorld(Dynmap$
            at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.updateFactions(DynmapFactio$
            at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.access$000(DynmapFactionsPl$
            at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin$FactionsUpdate.run(DynmapFa$
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat($
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:502)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:434)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

15. Offline

kernet

I think it's caused by rewritten sorting methods. Same here and waiting for update. Keep doing great work :)

16. Offline

RabidPigeon

Looks awesome! How exactly does it work... Is there a command or a button...?

17. Offline

kingbobii

running dynmap v.0.29.2 and factions v.1.6.3 on craftbukkit-1.1-R1-20120120.195601-80. keep getting this error
    Code:
    [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2012-01-21 01:12:06 [WARNING] Task of 'Dynmap-Factions' generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.massivecraft.factions.Faction.getFPlayers()Ljava/util/ArrayList;
        at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.formatInfoWindow(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:126)
        at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.handleFactionOnWorld(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:224)
        at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.updateFactions(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:425)
        at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.access$000(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:38)
        at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin$FactionsUpdate.run(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:113)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)

kernet likes this.
  18. Offline

vidplace7

im having this issue as well, can you at least confirm if there is a known issue Mike Primm?
    looks like a great plugin by the way keep it up! :)

19. Offline

Musaddict

Mike Primm So, I have Dynmap 0.29.2, Factions 1.6.3, and Dynmap-Factions 0.12.

First off, I am not getting any console errors.

The only variables I have changed (and I triple checked by reinstalling) are: Port on Dynmap, Economy settings on Factions.

It has now been 8 hours since I last installed it, and the server has been running for the duration. The Factions layer is checkable, however nothing is shown. Is there another variable I need to change in Dynmap?

kernet likes this.
  20. Offline

CTapblu

Code:
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.massivecraft.factions.Faction.getFPlayers()Ljava/util/ArrayList; 
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.formatInfoWindow(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:126) 
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.handleFactionOnWorld(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:224) 
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.updateFactions(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:425) 
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.access$000(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:38) 
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin$FactionsUpdate.run(DynmapFactionsPlugin.java:113) 
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137) 
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:493) 
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425) 
    • DynMap v0.29.2
    • DynMap-Factions v0.13
    • craftbukkit 1.0.1-R1-b1597jnks
    • Faction 1.6.3

21. Offline

Mike Primm

This was the error with Dynmap-Factions v0.12 - I cannot produce it with 0.13, and the given line number doesn't have that call in 0.13, so please confirm that you're running with 0.13 (server log messages).

22. Offline

Sky0Hunter

Hey guys, im not sure if this is allowed, but heres a working version for the plugin :)

Attached Files:

23. Offline

Wayoff333

Getting this error:
    bukkit RB 1.1
    Factions 1.6.3
    dynmap .3-754
    dynmap factions .13

19:54:12 [WARNING] Task of 'Dynmap-Factions' generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.massivecraft.factions.Faction.getFPlayers()Ljav
    a/util/ArrayList;
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.formatInfoWindow(DynmapFacti
    onsPlugin.java:126)
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.handleFactionOnWorld(DynmapF
    actionsPlugin.java:224)
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.updateFactions(DynmapFaction
    sPlugin.java:425)
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.access$000(DynmapFactionsPlu
    gin.java:38)
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin$FactionsUpdate.run(DynmapFac
    tionsPlugin.java:113)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(C
    raftScheduler.java:137)
    First attempt at checking for presence of Bukkit RTK plugin...
    Bukkit RTK plugin found! Enabling heartbeats...

24. Offline

Mike Primm

There was a screw up on our repository - the release build didn't wind up on the repository, so the link to 0.13 was bad. I'm updating it now - please download again and try the new file.

25. Offline

gamemakertim

hey, i have a littel problem, he doesnt work at al
    he gave me only this as warning sign

06:31:28 [WARNING] Task of 'Dynmap-Factions' generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.massivecraft.factions.Faction.getFPlayers()Ljav
    a/util/ArrayList;
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.formatInfoWindow(DynmapFacti
    onsPlugin.java:126)
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.handleFactionOnWorld(DynmapF
    actionsPlugin.java:224)
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.updateFactions(DynmapFaction
    sPlugin.java:425)
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin.access$000(DynmapFactionsPlu
    gin.java:38)
    at org.dynmap.factions.DynmapFactionsPlugin$FactionsUpdate.run(DynmapFac
    tionsPlugin.java:113)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(C
    raftScheduler.java:137)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:493)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)

could u tell me, is this a problem of a config or the plugin self?

26. Offline

mkiplm

alright everything seems to work but there no layer near the flag. so cant really see what area, the faction owns.

[​IMG]

27. Offline

Azzarrel

got the same error, I deinstalled both and installed them again, so it shouldnt be the config.

28. Offline

liamo0110

how do you open the map?

29. Offline

Smex

@Mike Primm

Check this: http://pastebin.com/6SwiVt2z

Latest Dynmap 30.1
    Factions Addon 0.13
    Craftbukkit 1.1-R3

The whole server crashes without shutting down correctly, so there is no shutdown log to show.

Plugins
    Show Spoiler

AggroVillagers.jar 0.1 .jar löschen
    BlockCrusher.jar 1.5 .jar löschen
    BlockEnderDragon.jar 1.0 .jar löschen
    ButtonMoney.jar 1.0 .jar löschen
    ChatManager.jar 1.15 .jar löschen
    ChestShop.jar 3.31 .jar löschen
    Citizens.jar 1.1.4 .jar löschen
    .jar überschreiben (Version 1.1.4)
    neu installieren (Version 1.1.4)
    ColoredSigns.jar 1.1 .jar löschen
    CommandBook.jar 1.6 .jar löschen
    .jar überschreiben (Version 1.7)
    neu installieren (Version 1.7)
    Courier.jar 1.0.0 .jar löschen
    CreatureEggs.jar 1.00 .jar löschen
    Dev.jar 1.0 .jar löschen
    DragonTravel.jar 1.7 .jar löschen
    Dynmap-Factions.jar 0.13 .jar löschen
    dynmap.jar 0.30.1-801 .jar löschen
    .jar überschreiben (Version 0.30-782)
    neu installieren (Version 0.30-782)
    EnderCrystalizer.jar 1.0 .jar löschen
    Factions.jar 1.6.2 .jar löschen
    FakeMessage.jar 1.0 .jar löschen
    iConomy.jar 6.0.8b .jar löschen
    InfinitePlots.jar 0.6 .jar löschen
    LeaveMessage.jar 1 .jar löschen
    mcMMO.jar 1.2.08 .jar löschen
    MCSL.jar 0.3 .jar löschen
    Minequery.jar 1.5 .jar löschen
    MobDisguise.jar 1.63 .jar löschen
    Modifyworld.jar 1.16 .jar löschen
    MonsterBox.jar 0.4 .jar löschen
    MultiInv.jar 2.4.2 .jar löschen
    Multiverse-Core.jar 2.2-AB .jar löschen
    Multiverse-Portals.jar 2.2-AB .jar löschen
    NoCheat.jar 2.17b .jar löschen
    .jar überschreiben (Version 2.25)
    neu installieren (Version 2.25)
    NP.jar 1.0 .jar löschen
    Permissions.jar 2.7.7 .jar löschen
    permissionsex-1.18.jar 1.18 .jar löschen
    Register.jar 1.5 .jar löschen
    ScheduledAnnouncer.jar 1.7.0 .jar löschen
    SimpleRegionMarket.jar 1.7.2 .jar löschen
    SkylandsPlus.jar 0.5.4 .jar löschen
    SpamHammer.jar 1.7a .jar löschen
    Spectate.jar 1 .jar löschen
    Tim.jar 1.4 .jar löschen
    UltimateArena.jar 1.0 .jar löschen
    Vault.jar 1.2.6-b70 .jar löschen
    Votifier.jar 1.4 .jar löschen
    WhoMode.jar 1.4 .jar löschen
    WorldBorder.jar 1.4.4 .jar löschen
    WorldEdit.jar 4.7 .jar löschen
    .jar überschreiben (Version 5.1.1)
    neu installieren (Version 5.1.1)
    WorldGuard.jar 5.3 .jar löschen
    .jar überschreiben (Version 5.4)
    neu installieren (Version 5.4)

Serverlog: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37237580/serverlog 30.01.2012.txt

30. Offline

Keiran Paster

Mike Primm How could I get faction chat to be hidden?

You know you spelled peaceful wrong when you click on a faction. :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016