Inactive [MISC] MCMA_Compat r14 - McMyAdmin Compatibility Plugin [818]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by PhonicUK, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Offline

PhonicUK

MCMA_Compat - McMyAdmin Compatibility Plugin
    Version: r16B

This plugin provides improved compatibility with McMyAdmin when using newer versions of bukkit.

MCMA_compat is shipped as part of McMyAdmin itself, it can be found in the Minecraft/Plugins directory in the main download.

Features:
    • Suppresses "Unknown Command" errors when using McMyAdmin commands such as /giveme
    • Allows McMyAdmin to properly pick up used in-game commands
    • Allows McMyAdmin to properly acknowledge user kicks
    • Stops server-side tells from showing as whispers (Doesn't apply to player -> player whispers)
    • Adds the "kickreason" (/kick <player> <reason>) command.
    • Adds the "ping" (/ping <message>) command.

Changelog:
    Version r16B:

• Rebuild against Bukkit 1337.
    • Support for MCMA 0970 commands (/day, /night, /creative, /survival)
    • Fix for 'command not found' type messages.

Version r14:
    • Rebuild against Bukkit 818.
    Version r13:
    • Fixes behaviours for the "kick" and "kickreason" commands.
    Version r12:
    • Add 'ping' command, (/ping <message>) the server will reply with whatever you say
    • Cleaned up command handling code
    • Whispers and tells are logged properly in the console
    • Added a 'tag' that's written at start for future versions of MCMA.
    • Updated for 674
    Version r10:
    • Initial public release
    • Built against 670

2. Offline

Plague

3. Offline

Dreadreaver

AWESOME! Been looking for ages to remove those annoying "unkown command"-errors, THANK YOU SIR!

4. Offline

RazorFlint

AMAZING Same As Above!!! ^^^^^
    Testing now :D

5. Offline

PhonicUK

Update r12:

- Add 'ping' command, (/ping <message>) the server will reply with whatever you say
    - Cleaned up command handling code
    - Whispers and tells are logged properly in the console
    - Added a 'tag' that's written at start for future versions of MCMA.
    - Updated for 674

Download:

Version r12
    http://www.mcmyadmin.com/Downloads/MCMA_compat.jar

6. Offline

Juze

7. Offline

PhonicUK

Wooo, I'm a plugin developer! xD

kittenchunks and kahlilnc like this.
  8. Offline

Dreadreaver

I'm just wondering why isn't this included in the default download of MCMyAdmin? I mean, if you don't use Bukkit you can ignore the plugin folder anyway.

I just don't get why you made this a seperate project/plugin on bukkit.org instead of just packing it into the MCMyAdmin package except for if you want to like advertise MCMyAdmin on Bukkit.org ... and I dont mean this in a negative way or anything, just asking

9. Offline

phaed

<- Ex-McMyAdmin user. Got fed up with it long ago.

10. Offline

TTSDA

Because this is very new.
    Btw, good job Phonic, installing.

11. Offline

GmK

<- Happy MCMA user, started loving it long ago ;)

12. Offline

PhonicUK

It's shipping as standard in the next released version. But I wanted people using the current version of McMyAdmin to have access to it since the next MCMA release is a few days away still.

What was it that you got fed up with? I'm always happy to assist people having issues with it via my forums or IRC channel. Or if it was that along ago, something you didn't like may have changed or been addressed.

I'm glad everyone is finding this useful. It'll be pulled automatically in future versions of MCMA so you won't need to worry about it.

13. Offline

Dreadreaver

alright keep it up dude =)
    glad you are already looking into plugin development so you can acces bukkit directly through its API when stuff like permissions are integrated =)

14. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

Thanks, those teleport messages were pissing me off.

@phaed and everyone, I've used MCMA for a long time now and managing my server would really fucking suck without this wrapper.
    Its good for my auto backups, auto restarts, managing all users and group really easily and picking colours and build permissions and adding permission nodes, automated messages, starting/stopping the server without having to log into putty and also chatting in game with my players using it all through a web panel.
    I know theres plugins that do some of these features but they always need updates but MCMA has always worked 100% with me.

I wouldn't go back to having to edit those headache permissions files that give you a massive error when you type something slightly wrong, its 1000 times easier to just type it in a list box and it auto saves and instantly updates.

15. Offline

Nate204

Nice troll :p

I always wanted to try MCAdmin.... Might have to give it a go.
    Good to see you're actively working on it's improvement!!!
    Keep it up!

16. Offline

phaed

Not trolling, I have legitimate issues with McMyAdmin. Software I paid for and no longer find any use for.

17. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

Oh, I've never had problems with it tbh. And my server is stable so the only reason id give access to the panel is so they can check server stats like RAM and add new members.
    Both of which they can do with two MCMA commands in game.
    /addmember (group) (user)
    and
    /serverstats

To the chat contrast issue I have no idea, the chat is easy to read and lines are separated. Maybe he updated it for you.

I know the issues with the add member thing where it can put a blank member in but I just make sure I press the button once and it gives confirmation in game chat and in the log tab.
    If I do press it more than once, I just click remove.

Also when removing groups it does now ask if you want to remove it, so I think he updated for your issues.

18. Offline

PhonicUK

Most of the issues you've described are ones that have been addressed. MCMA has a lot that has to be done and only finite time to do it in, so the most important stuff goes in first. The current pre-release build has working CPU usage monitoring (you can even download and try it yourself if you'd like) under Linux with a workaround, I've never censored or deleted any posts - the only stuff I remove on my own forum are duplicates. If you tried to post during my server migration then a lot of stuff got lost there too. Users are no longer case sensitive, the restart on [SEVERE] messages is optional, and the backup code was replaced. Infact almost all of the major issues you've posted were all fixed when I had time to get around to it. The only exception being multi-user support and that is being put off because of higher priorities. Sometimes I don't always make the right call first time around with where the priorities should be, but I'm human and these things happen - so I put them right when I can.

Like Minecraft itself, MCMA is still actively in development and improving all the time. A little patience goes a long way.

And regardless, since this isn't a MCMA opinion thread - your comments are somewhat off-topic ;)

19. Offline

phaed

I was about to give McMyAdmin another try til I realized that it only works with GroupManager, yes the permissions plugin that hasn't been Officially updated for over a month and every single major server is dropping.

20. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

Works with essentials and groupmanger.
    Groupmanager is useful anyway.
    Also, groupmanger works for me? It shouldnt need updating.

phaed likes this.
  21. Offline

phaed

Essentials AND GroupManager? Both are GroupManager. The horrid server lagging monstrosity that you call Essentials actually as taken it upon itself to absorb all possible functionality from its surroundings and it now carries a copy of GroupManager within it.

Two worse plugins couldn't have been picked to be compatible against. One is universally shunned, the other nearly dead.

Is there any logical reason why we have to rename the craftbukkit filename from "craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar" to "craftbukkit.jar"?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  22. Offline

PhonicUK

Permissions support is coming soon, its a pretty minor change so with any luck it'll be in the next release.

You don't have to rename anything to use craftbukkit. McMyAdmin installs Bukkit for you via About -> Updates or whenever bukkitcompat is turned on. Most of it is automatic so you don't need to download or rename anything yourself. MCMA will always fetch the latest recommended build. http://wiki.phonicuk.com/Using-Bukkit-with-McMyAdmin.ashx

You only need to rename the file if you want to use non-recommended builds which is hardly the most painful part ;)

23. Offline

Toasty

When Permissions support comes around, how will adding users to multiple worlds be managed? The only reason I'm still considering using Group Manager is because I can simply put a link to the users.yml file in the folders for all my worlds. I have 7 worlds on my server, so adding a new user, or changing the group they're in 7 times over is a pain.

But if MCMA manages to handle that well enough, I may start using it. I've refrained from doing so up until now because a) I don't like how it uses mono to run properly on linux (I use CentOS specifically), and b) I don't like the lack of fine-grained tuning and features.

Ex: I use a custom shell script to handle garbage collection, and unless something's changed from the last time I checked, I can't fine-tune any GC commands. I only have a few options available in the mcma config file.

Personally, I don't mind managing my server through all the yml files and whatnot, but I know my admins would appreciate a more friendly way of managing the server, so I continue to look at MCMA as a possible addition to my server. I look forward to where this project is heading, and I understand that it takes time to develop, but I can't see myself using it until certain features have been implemented.

24. Offline

PipeHead

I used MCMA back in the hMod days...then stopped cause it didn't support Bukkit in the beginning. I just started using it again, but the missing multi-world permissions support, lack of support for Permissions 2.5.5+, and a few incompatibilities, leaves me waiting and watching.

However, considering the state of all other Administrative wrappers...MCMA is still by far the best choice!

Keep up the awesome work Phonic.

25. Offline

PhonicUK

This plugin is now shipping as standard in McMyAdmin 0.9.2.0. It will be installed automatically when you update.

26. Offline

Jonathan Bloom

Thanks for making this Phonic! Makes MCMA that much better! :D And it was already great!

27. Offline

Exidous

This plugin did give me issues with the new update. I disabled it and now working great. I have to admit with the new update MCMA is coming along quite nicely. I used it with hmod in the beginning and it worked great, almost there with bukkit guys. keep up the good work.

28. Offline

PhonicUK

Updated to r13, fixes behaviour for the "kick" and "kickreason" commands.

29. Offline

icomeinpieces

is there a way to allow MCmyadmin specific commands to be checked for permissions outside of MCmyAdmin.

i want to use permissions plugin to handle MCmyAdmin commands since the permissions (permissions plugin NOT group manager) handling for MCmyAdmin is a little bugy. I have a hard time editing what MCmyAdmin outputs for permissions file and also i want multi world support for my permissions.

I really like how this server software works however until permissions is working well, the only thing keeping this software in my good books is the backup functionality.

30. Offline

City Builder

Hi,
    I bought MCMA for Windows because I had to temporarily host our server locally, but now I've moved to a linux based host, do I need to buy the Linux version of MCMA too, or can I somehow get a copy for Linux seeing as I bought a version for windows?