Inactive [MISC] Sign Utilities v1.8- Color, edit and more [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by timcolonel, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Offline

timcolonel

Attached Files:

colonelsylvestre and Kigdom like this.
  2. Offline

Skyve

Does this plugin use coordinates to store sign data? I'm looking for a replacement to the old CommandSigns, which could execute commands as a specific user and, more importantly, could store all data on a sign thus allowing moving the block. The reason I'm asking is to have a solution for redstone/user command execution on Movecraft vehicles.

3. Offline

timcolonel

Hello, I was working on the ablility to use [player] which replace the player name after I tried to use gamemode command in 1.8. So this will be added as soon as possible. But what do you mean about storing data? Is there a file where you want to save date for a specific sign? For example the vehicle properties for your plugin?

4. Offline

mpcom

With 1.4 i get this error :
    Code:
    2011-09-23 17:25:24 [SEVERE] Could not pass event SIGN_CHANGE to SignUtilities
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlockState cannot be cast to org.bukkit.block.Sign
        at com.timcolonel.SignUtilities.SignUtilitiesBlockListener.onSignChange(SignUtilitiesBlockListener.java:40)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$35.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:483)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:1045)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet130UpdateSign.a(SourceFile:41)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1069-g3379f08-b1188jnks (MC: 1.8.1)

5. Offline

timcolonel

And when does it happend?

6. Offline

mpcom

I select a Sign, open the Chat and type
    /setcolor 3 red (not the right way /setcolor red 3)
    then
    Code:
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'setcolor' in plugin SignUtilities v1.4
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:41)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:163)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:353)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:756)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:721)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:714)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "red"
            at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
            at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:481)
            at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:514)
            at com.timcolonel.SignUtilities.SignUtilitiesCommandManager.setColor(SignUtilitiesCommandManager.java:113)
            at com.timcolonel.SignUtilities.SignUtilitiesCommandManager.manage(SignUtilitiesCommandManager.java:24)
            at com.timcolonel.SignUtilities.SignUtilities.onCommand(SignUtilities.java:97)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:39)
            ... 12 more

and server Crasht. I tested with Bukkit 1185.

Then, when use /settext 1 Text Line one will replace, but Line 2,3 and 4 are delete.

7. Offline

timcolonel

Ok, I see, I will fixed it and upload it very soon. Thank you for this remarks.

@mpcom But this error is not the same as the first you showed to me. Do you have more information about the first error?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  8. Offline

mpcom

ATM - sorry no - I found them in the LOg.

Used Plugins (open)

BlocksOnGlass.jar
    ChestShop.jar
    CommandIConomy.jar
    DeathMessagePlugin.jar
    DeathSigns.jar
    dynmap.jar
    Essentials.jar
    EssentialsChat.jar
    EssentialsGeoIP.jar
    EssentialsSpawn.jar
    HawkEye.jar
    iConomy.jar
    LBlogin.jar
    LWC.jar
    minecartmaniaadmincontrols.jar
    minecartmaniaautocart.jar
    minecartmaniaautomations.jar
    minecartmaniachestcontrol.jar
    minecartmaniacore.jar
    minecartmaniasigncommands.jar
    minecartmaniastations.jar
    Minequery.jar
    Multiverse-Core-2.0.jar
    Multiverse-Portals-2.0.jar
    NoDeathMessage.jar
    Permissions.jar
    PermissionsEx.jar
    SignUtilities.jar
    WorldBorder.jar
    WorldEdit.jar
    WorldGuard.jar

9. Offline

timcolonel

Ok. I corrected the second one.
    SO VERSION 1.5 IS OUT NOW: On command sign jsut replce thr player name by [player] it will be replace by the player who right clicked. For example:
    This will change the gamemode of the player to survival.
    And now if you onvert the way you write the arguments in setcolor command it doesnt bug anyymore.

10. Offline

netraameht

DO NEVER USE MEDIAFIRE, ARG, JUST USE DROPBOX

timcolonel likes this.
  11. Offline

timcolonel

Good idea. Its done now!

12. Offline

netraameht

You're the best :D Now I can use the linux 'wget' command :D

13. Offline

timcolonel

What do you mean by safe explosion?

You said the painting. but i dont use painting in my plugin or is my plugin removing this ability

So you want me to add a painting protection? But maybe in an other plugin

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

xsolar66

Oh i am a total, Total idiot. Ignore everything I just said. Im so sorry. *punches self*

Wrong thread. can you believe it?

far out. *hits self*

15. Offline

timcolonel

Ah ok,it s why I didn't understood the link between the bug and the plugin
    I am now working on the minecart dispenser system, and I added iconnomy support.
    Would you find it great if you would be able to pay for the command: ex the setcolor cost 5, the settext 10. !ut you still be able to get it free jsut by writinng 0 in the config file for the command.
    Tell me about this idea.

16. Offline

xsolar66

maybe for the colors that'd be good - as for the settext, people probably would just remove the sign and replace it if they knew they had to pay for that command.

oh and ANY sign can be edited by /settext - even signs that are protected under worldguard / regional plugins. This means I have to be verry careful as to whom I can let use /settext or they will change all the "spawn area" signs to cuss words..

17. could you possibly add in something that will tell u who placed the sign? or possibly lock it down to only the person who placed it can edit it

18. Offline

timcolonel

Yes, but I may add a world guard support so that the sign wont be edited if he is protected.

@Sithnar As xsolar said I think it is easier to add the world guard support as the plugin does everithing to protectc.

And I tought maybe instead of paying money the setcolor cost colors items(the number can be set in config file).

19. Offline

xsolar66

20. Offline

timcolonel

Yes. What do you think. For example 1 red dye for un color use.
    But you can modify the price and put it to null.
    I dont think it will be in the next update as I just add world guard support and I nearly finished with the minecart dispenser system. I still need to do a minecart destroyer system(When you arrive to destination it simply destroy the minecart).

Oh, and you will be able to actiavate sign with pressure plate too. As for button:
    Pressure plate
    Block
    Sign
    Bocks

21. @timcolonel is it possible turn off the "selected sign" message?
    it gets rather annoying when using lift signs, and command signs lol

if i wanted to give my members the option to only edit signs by right clicking with a sign, which permission do i need to give them.

I dont fancy seeing rainbow signs all over my world hah!

22. Offline

timcolonel

I already put the ability to turn off the message when its a command sign (first line in dark blue, but I can change to command sign with "[ .....]" in the first line) but if you want I can had a option in the config file

The permission for direct edit is signutils.directedit

23. a config option would be fantastic!
    warp signs and everything keep telling me i selected them.. lol!

24. Offline

timcolonel

Can youu still use your linux command with bukkit dev? So that I wont need to upload the updates twice?

25. yes, wget works with bukkit dev
    i use it all the time.

26. Offline

timcolonel

great so i think i will use bukkit dev to store the plugin. You still be able to download from here but it will open the bukkitdev download link (still direct)

27. Offline

timcolonel

The upadte 1.6 will soon be release, I am making the trailer now.
    It will be:
    -minecart system
    -activate sign with pressure palte over it
    -can now totaly remove the "-selected a sign command" by changing the dispmessage property to -1
    -world gaurd implementation: protect your signs as you protecte everything else.

VERSION 1.6 IS OUT NOW:
    -minecart system
    -activate sign with pressure palte over it
    -can now totaly remove the "-selected a sign command" by changing the dispmessage property to -1
    -world gaurd implementation: protect your signs as you protecte everything else.

Trailer update 1.6:​

xsolar66 likes this.
  28. Offline

mpcom

How works the MinecartSystem ? is there anywhere a Guide ?

29. Offline

timcolonel

i didnt mad any video tutorial for this update but you can check on the bukkit dev project(the link at the top of the page) or simply go here. It explain how to write the minecart sign. Iam will add some picture too.

30. Offline

mpcom

Thanks.
    Was it yesterday allready there ? I was probably blind :eek:

31. Offline

timcolonel

Oh you right there is no link to this page on the project, its why nobody could be able to see it.