[MISC] Suggestions v1.0b - Know what your players want [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Cabbage, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Offline

Cabbage

Suggestions
    Take suggestions from your users
    version: 1.0b​
    This plugin makes it easy for your users to say what they would like to see on the server.
    Based on this request in the request forum.
    It stores players' suggestions in a .txt file found in plugins/Suggestions/.​
    The commands as of now are: /suggest, /suggestion and /sug, all taking any additional arguments, forming the suggestion out of it and saving it with the player's name in the file.​

features:
    • Take players' suggestions with a simple command
    • Less people spamming you in chat :D
    • Easy to use
    to-do list:
    • permissions & groups support
    • limit suggestions per player per time (based on ^)
    • tags (like "/sug nether Can't we enable placing water in the nether? There is a nice plugin for that on the Bukkit forums" would save the suggestion with the tag nether for clarity & organisation)
    • config file (obviously, for permissions, limits and stuff)
    changelog:

fixed issues with getDisplayName()

v1.0 [1000]
    initial release/submission

DOWNLOAD:
    source will be added when I figure out GitHub ^^
    ~Cabbage​

2. Offline

RazorFlint

I Really don't think you need permissions support for this.

3. You should add an example on the command, so they know what to do whit the TITTLE to!

This is a great mode, and this takes the "world chat to a hole another lvl" whitout the spam of suggestion:)

4. Offline

Cabbage

Yeah, I meant more like groups - maybe ousiders/trial accounts have suggesting disabled, regulars once a day, donators, kings etc have higher limit & priority etc :)

The title/tag thingy is not currently in there yet, gonna make that tomorrow :)

5. Yeah, you totaly need permissions and the limited part! Very important to make this plugin to actualy work great!

6. Offline

MonsieurApple

Approved!

7. Offline

TehAndrewRyan

Doesn't work at all for me, I get "Unknown console command. Type "help" for help." when I use any of the commands. There's no "Suggestions" folder in /plugins, and I get this error whenever someone right clicks on a block
    Code:
    22:19:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to EnhancedRedstone
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.cabbage.enhancedredstone.RegisterWireless.getListening(RegisterWireless.java:27)
        at me.cabbage.enhancedredstone.EnhancedRedstonePlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(EnhancedRedstonePlayerListener.java:24)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:314)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:63)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:478)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:436)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

8. Offline

Cabbage

damn. When building my other plugin, I accidentally exported it into Dropbox, replacing Suggestions.
    Should be fine now, and sorry :/

9. Offline

Buckethead

will i get like notified if ume one leaves a suggestion or do have to check my file maualy. if so possible new feature?

10. Offline

Cabbage

Good idea, gonna work on it :)

11. Offline

Buckethead

ty. i figuered make a node for permissions like suggest.alert r sumthin

12. Offline

Cabbage

Guys, I've been pretty busy for the past few weeks, probably will be a few more months and it seems almost nobody cares about this plugin as of now. Working on a private plugin for friends and learning GUI java at the same time, plus highschool :/
    Anyone wants to take over the development of this thing? I can provide the full source. I just don't have the time and don't feel motivated >.<

If anyone decides to continue this, PM me, I'll send u the source.

13. Offline

phimt

Heh. After about a month of searching I found that this plugin was responsible for enhancedredstone; which I never installed and isn't in the /plugins directory. It's responsible for a glitch where you can change any block into a bookcase with a lever. People were changing locked chests, furnaces, warps, and wreaking havoc. You might want to change that.

14. Offline

Buckethead

:'(

15. Offline

Cabbage

wait, are you telling me that someone acutally cares about this plugin? :D
    phimt, are u sure u downloaded the right thing? look at my post from 21 Aug, but the link is fine for a long time now...

16. Offline

CainFoool

Cabbage you need to add #1060 support. People don't download #1000 plugins anymore. :confused:

Also, I think this plugin is very handy.
    You should make a command to remove suggestions.

17. Offline

Buckethead

i know thats y sad face cuz now ur not gunna do this anymore. i liked it. if there was one last thing it would be to gt alerts about it

18. Offline

Cabbage

The version that is there works just fine for 1060, I just didn't figure out how to edit the title...
    /facepalm
    Or is anyone experiencing any issues with this in 1060?
    And I'm most probably gonna add the alerts, just to gain some xp in the programming skill :)

19. Offline

Buckethead

yay ty

also whats with added enhanced redstone feature?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  20. Offline

Cabbage

nothing, that was an experimental plugin which I used to test some stuff out when learning. The problem was that Eclipse exported it once in place of Suggestions in my Dropbox public folder so some people downloaded it instead of suggestions... :/

21. Offline

Buckethead

oh ok. so how about that alert thing or are u giving up?

22. Offline

Cabbage

phimt has agreed to take over/help me out with this plugin :]
    That alert thing is gonna come, maybe made by me, maybe made by phimt, maybe by cooperation, but it will come. Got a chitload of homework and some exams this week tho so I don't know how/when I will be able to do it...

23. Offline

Buckethead

ok ty

24. Offline

Ross Gosling

@Cabbage

Feature Request

Prompts for when theres suggestions in the file for those people with the correct permissions node so that an admin can have that node and know when there is a new suggestion and then he can read it =)

25. Offline

STiChad

Anyone know if this is 1185 compatible?

26. Offline

Buckethead

works in 1185

27. Offline

STiChad

Thanks mate.

28. Offline

Buckethead

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo....... alerts? lol

29. Offline

Cabbage

yeah... about that.
    They will be - but in a few weeks' time... I'm attending a private hischool and I'm away from my comp for 14 days now, then after I return I'll be off to France for a student exchange...
    So, sorry, but I have not much free time these days... >.<

30. Offline

Revenger

This seems cool can you make it so players can do multiple commands and have them go to different files.

Like:
    /bug for bugs
    /sug for suggestion
    /?? for other things players can add to separated text files