Solved My computer's firewall is blocking bukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Fallout921, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Fallout921

For the past few months I have been struggling with getting bukkit to work correctly in online mode. I have done many tests and even run a regular server to see if it would work, which it did. I have narrowed it down to the fact that my computers firewall is blocking bukkit BUT not the regular server. I have been dealing with the "failed to verify username" error meaning the MC auth servers aren't getting the request or something alone those lines. I would very much appreciate help, as this is a very frustrating error.
    -Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

cray_Z

Bukkit doesnt support offline server.

Buy the game if you enjoy it, have your friends buy it.

BMX_ATVMAN14 and Fallout921 like this.
  3. Offline

Fallout921

Also I was wondering if having a company for example beastnode host a server for me be impossible due to this problem, or would it work because they're hosting it remotely?
    -Again, thanks in advance!

I do have a legitimate copy of minecraft, and i can connect to other servers so its obviously a problem with my side.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  4. Offline

HollowCube

If your server has failed to verify a username it means that the account is not legit. Once in online mode your players must have bought an account.

Are you getting this error with your paid account, or is this error occuring when other players are joining?

Fallout921 likes this.
  5. Offline

Fallout921

Actually the server doesn't show up for anyone else but I have a legit account and can join other people's minecraft servers both bukkit and vanilla, these servers are also NOT cracked and are legitimate.

6. Offline

HollowCube

Have you portforwarded?

7. Offline

Fallout921

Ahh if only the problem were that simple, but yes I have, and have proven this by running a vanilla server (in online mode) and my friends can connect just fine.

8. Offline

HollowCube

Could you post your server.properties please?

9. Offline

Fallout921

#Minecraft server properties
    #Thu Jun 21 20:34:27 CDT 2012
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=test
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=false
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=
    max-build-height=256
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    online-mode=true
    pvp=true
    difficulty=1
    server-name=Who cares
    gamemode=0
    max-players=20
    spawn-monsters=true
    view-distance=10
    generate-structures=true
    motd=A Minecraft Server

Here they are.

Would you like to see the server log, to show you what the error looks like?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Omnitv

More info would be nice so others can benefit in helping.

11. Offline

cray_Z

No, bukkit doesnt support offline mode servers

12. Offline

Omnitv

Not the solution to the problem, It will only cause more problems in the long run.
    As cray_Z stated above.

13. Offline

Fallout921

That's my problem im trying to have it run online mode, and this is where i run into problems.

14. Offline

cray_Z

Do you have windows 7?

15. Offline

Fallout921

Okay I'm gonna put a pastebin link to what happens when I start up the server in with online mode set to true, and you can see the error i get. And If you are going to suggest I try the server with no plugins I have, and it still presents the same error. Here is the link http://pastebin.com/3xMYkqZp and I am using craftbukkit version 1.2.5-R4.0, and yes I have windows 7.

16. Offline

cray_Z

1. Mobarena is not up to date
    2. Get rid of Deathtpplus
    3.Watch this if its your windows 7 firewall

4. 14:04:09 [INFO] Disconnecting extremegamer1234 [/127.0.0.1:61127]: Failed to verify username! [internal error java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect] Whoever this is, get a premium account

17. Offline

Fallout921

Okay I have run the server clean with no plugins, and I get the error and extremegamer1234 is my minecraft username, and I have paid for the full version of minecraft as I said and can play on other peoples servers fine.Is there anything that craftbukkit does that differs from regular minecraft server? Also I have even gone as far as disabling my firewall and this error still occurs. I also removed the trouble plugins (mobarena, and deathtpplus), and added the rules to the firewall and unfortunately nothing has changed and the error persistently still occurs.

I'm also very sorry to cause all this trouble with an error that seems to have no solution, and one that is exhausting everyone's potential solutions.

Is there anyone still reading this?

18. Offline

Omnitv

What I dont understand is that, You cannot join your server on online mode=true. nor do I understand why you have paid for minecraft and have it and still cannot join your own server when minecraft has authenticated your minecraft username to your email account on online mode.
    Either you have an issue with port forwarding or something with your server connecting to your modem or something.
    I just have no clue why this is the issue.
    So yeah TnT this is so confuzzling.

19. Offline

Fallout921

Im so sorry there may be something very obvious im overlooking, and but at the moment I can't think of anything. If this is impossible to fix for me, then I may just have a server hosted for me by a company. Also the one thing that confuses me (as I have previously stated) is that I can run a vanilla server just fine, and my friends and I can play on it together when online mode is set to true. But something specifically with bukkit or at least my computer not liking bukkit is preventing it.

20. Offline

Lolmewn

You make me cry :'(

What does www.canyouseeme.org tell you?

21. Offline

Fallout921

I know this wasn't directed at me, but when I use this website it says connection timed out. Although Like i said I can use vanilla and my friends can connect so it's portforwarded.

22. Offline

TnT

There is nothing CraftBukkit does to authenticate your username in any different way than vanilla does. You don't even need to forward ports for this to work.

Post your full server.log (not sure why no one has asked for this yet).

Are you sure you have an internet connection from your server? Sounds like you do not (or have a proxy in the way blocking your connection).

23. Offline

Fallout921

I may sound very stupid asking this but do you want the server log for the entire time O have had it? Or just the startup log with the error when I try to join? If you want the startup log then I have it in a pastebin in a link further up. Also my server only shows as online if its" localhost". With vanilla it will show up online and joinable with my external ip.

24. Offline

Omnitv

Since the last time you started the server.

25. Offline

TnT

Just want it from the last startup to shutdown. :)

Omnitv likes this.
  26. Offline

Fallout921

Again sorry for sounding noobish, but what format do you want this in pastebin, a post, etc.?

27. Offline

Omnitv

Yes, pwease. :3

28. Offline

TnT

I always prefer pastebin, but if you post straight to the forums, please use
    Code:
    [code]
    tags.

29. Offline

Fallout921

Sorry having trouble trying to copy the text from the server file, I'm using the copy and paste shortcuts but they sometimes don't work with cmd for me.

Here we go sorry for the wait, here is the pastebin link http://pastebin.com/Z89AxmYy

30. Offline

Omnitv

PHP:
    17:05:44 [INFODisconnecting extremegamer1234 [/127.0.0.1:49284]: Failed to ver
    ify username
    ! [internal error java.net.SocketExceptionPermission deniedconne
    ct
    ]
    ??? are you running a cracked client?
    PHP:
    17:05:43 [SEVERE] [MobArenaCouldn't extract the default boss abilities!
    17:05:43 [SEVERE] [MobArena] The world '
    fun' for arena 'default' does not exist!

17:05:43 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling MobArena v0.94.4.71 (Is it up to
    date?)
    java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
            at java.util.LinkedList.entry(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.LinkedList.get(Unknown Source)
            at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.loadArenas(ArenaMasterImpl.j
    ava:497)
            at com.garbagemule.MobArena.ArenaMasterImpl.initialize(ArenaMasterImpl.j
    ava:243)
            at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MobArena.onEnable(MobArena.java:81)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:337)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:381)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:256)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:238
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:381)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:368)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:197)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Issue with mob arena plugin.

and this.
    PHP:
    17:05:40 [INFOThis server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.2.5-R4.0
    -b2222jnks (MC1.2.5) (Implementing API version 1.2.5-R4.0)
    17:05:40 [WARNINGCould not get information about this CraftBukkit versionper
    haps you are running a custom one
    ?: SocketException
    :05:40 [WARNINGCould not get latest artifact informationSocketException

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.