My plugin idea, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by the_merciless, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

the_merciless

I have decided to make a land management plugin and would like your opinion on wether or not you like the idea. This plugin will be quite big and very time consuming for me to make so i don't want to put a lot of work into it unless you think its going to be useful to people. Essentially it will be a mixture of towny and world guard, yet a lot simpler to use and will allow players to create their own plot/homes without the need for admins/staff/town owners to be online. The best and defining feature i think will be the ability for server owners to be able to create their own different custom plot types within the config. So heres how it will work:

The server owner will set different plot types in the config, Each with different settings. For example if you want to set up Home plots, Farm plots, Path plots & Arena plots you would set the config like this:

Code:
    Plot-Type:
        Farm:
          Placeable-Blocks: dirt, grass, seeds, flower, log, sapling, chest etc etc
          Interact: door, chest, furnace,
          pvp: false
          fire: false
          Cost: 10000
          Default: true
          //plus more settings you get the idea.
        Home:
          Placeable-Blocks: stone, cobble, woodplanks, chest, log, sapling, etc etc
          Interact: door, chest, furnace,
          pvp: false
          Cost: 15000
          //plus more settings
        Path:
          Placeable-Blocks: gravel, cobble, sapling, etc etc
          Interact: ""
          pvp: true
          Cost: 5000
          //plus more settings
        Arena:
          Placeable-Blocks: ""
          Interact: ""
          pvp: true
          fire: true
          Cost: 0
          Admin only: True //only an admin with correct permission can set this type of plot
          //plus more settings
    Each player will then get their own player file, which will save the maximum amount of plots they can own, and the current amount of plots they own, a list of friends, and a list of assistants. Friends will be able to teleport to, and enter each others plots, whilst assistants will be able to build/interact/destroy on each others plots.

A plot will be 1 chunk 16x16 protected from bedrock to sky. (i do not plan to add custom size plots, but may be added in future if requested enough)

Players can then claim plots without the need for an admin/town owner to help them or set up a plot for them. When they claim the plot they can specify the type of plot they wish to claim it as. eg: /plot claim farm

So thats the idea in a basic summary, as i said the idea is to keep things very simple yet giving you full control over how much land your players can claim and what they can do on that land.

All comments welcome, but if you want to criticise please make it constructive

2. Offline

gomeow

Looks like it will be a really cool plugin!
    You should add a feature where if the player is online, people can come and interact with their stuff (but not chests, etc), otherwise, make it so they can't open doors (sorta like a open, close sign)

3. Offline

the_merciless

So kind of like having a lock on your door. If your offline your door is locked, if your online its unlocked?

4. Offline

gomeow

Exactly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.