Nametag Remover

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by lzravanger, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Offline

lzravanger

Very simple request, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. All I request is a simple plugin that removes the name above player's heads so that there is no need to sneak around. If you would not mind, a permission node would be appreciated. Please link me to this if it exists. The only version like it I've found changes each person's name, but also changes chat. I want one that removes all nameplates to anyone in a certain group (default: not op) and ignores chat.

2. Offline

Rprrr

I think I can make this..
    edit: Well actually, with the new update, I'm not sure.

lzravanger likes this.
  3. Offline

lzravanger

Well trying at all would be grateful.

4. Offline

Rprrr

@Izravanger
    Hold on, trying now.

lzravanger
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4hz5nzlse3tx4l/Sneak.jar

Permissions:
    Code:
    sneak.toggle - Player can use "/sneak" to toggle sneak mode on or off.
    sneak.see - Player can see 'removed' name tags from players that have sneak mode on.

Command:
    Code:
    /sneak
    Dependency plugin (* this is required for this plugin to work! *):
    Code:
    TagAPI - Download latest version at: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/tag/
    That's it.. have fun.

So.. please note, if you're going to test this and you're OP: you *will* see players with sneak mode on, because you're OP, and you will have the permission "sneak.see", which makes it so that you can see all the name tags from players with sneak mode on. In order to not see the, de-OP yourself.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  5. Offline

chasechocolate

My plugin NoNametag completely removes nametags. Check my signature.

6. Offline

Rprrr

chasechocolate
    Yours doesn't have a toggle command.. mine doesn't have automatic removal for players with a certain permission.. :p

Alright, I've added this automatic removal thing.. everyone with the permission "sneak.auto" won't have to toggle sneak mode on in order to have their name tag removed. :D

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4hz5nzlse3tx4l/Sneak.jar

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  7. Offline

lzravanger

Going to test sometime soon, but if I'm right, it starts everyone (sneak.auto) in sneak, has the ability to toggle it off (sneak.toggle), and has admin abilities to see all players (sneak.see). I approve! I have a few quick questions though.

Is chat the same? I suppose so due to visuals and actual name being separate.
    When people toggle sneak off, does their skin change back?
    Could you put a simple command that checks your sneak and see status?

8. Offline

chasechocolate

I am going to add a toggle command in the next update.

9. Offline

Rprrr

lzravanger
    The chat is the same, so is the tab list. This only changes the tag above a player's name (it does not change the whole display name like certain plugins do). I'll add that command.

10. Offline

lzravanger

Rprrr
    i just realized, it would be great to have forced regions where names are forced on or off(aka spawn / jail). Using some region plugin i think i can assign permissions. Could you add 2 permission nodes that force sneak off and on (sneak.forceon, sneak.forceoff)? If they overlap, nametags should be shown.

11. Offline

xMakerx

This could be better if you added Multiverse Support. Like if I were to have a PVP world I could disable nametags so nobody could sneak up and kill me.