Nether trees? Anyone? o_O

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Pencil, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Pencil

Alright so after tons of failed attempts at making nether trees that grow when a nether chunk is generated, I gave up and will request it instead!

basically a nether tree looks exactly like regular trees. It uses the redwood texture as wood, but instead of leaves it has glowstone. Now these nether trees should spawn in the nether naturally, quite frequently so there is enough wood.

Now the awesome part would be that there should be another type of sapling (I know this can be made, just with another data value) that will drop from the glowstone (or some other way to get it) and it should be able to be placed on netherrack (if thats possible??) and grow even in complete darkness (again is that possible?) but even if it's not possible just behave like a regular tree.

Would be awesome if this could be made!

2. Offline

Minecraft93

eh have you tried to code in *dead wood*. the trees you would find in deserts. maybe they would work. but theres gotta be a way to get trees in nether..

3. Offline

Pencil

Naw for the my upcoming server I need to have real trees in the nether that get generated with all the other stuff inside the nether, so when it's created. We neeed wood xD

4. Offline

Minecraft93

oh, you want a nether map generator with trees. difficult indeed. eh an idea... instead of generating it. create a plugin in which when you place a plank it would grow a tree. other then that im not sure how to help.

5. Offline

Pencil

How do they get the plank if there isn't any wood? :p Maybe a little background, i need this because we will have a faction which it's homeworld will be the nether :p Thats why they need trees ^^

6. Offline

Minecraft93

you create the nether. go into the nether with planks and place in the ground. then a tree should grow on top

7. Offline

Pencil

I can do that yeah, but people that spawn when they join for the first time cant :p Or do i think i can just run around forever placing planks XD

8. Offline

Nicogeta

you can give automatically a plank when someone join for the first time ^^

9. Offline

Pencil

>.> buuuuuut i want actual trees to be there when someone explores the nether

10. Offline

Nicogeta

Hmm you could replace netherrack by dirt at y-1 of the tree, and after the tree generation, replace dirt by netherrack in a "forest generator" plugin ?

11. Offline

Pencil

I know I could ^^ But as i said in the first post I tried using the chunkpopulator and I gave up :p

12. Offline

matter123

really simple guys just make a block populator and attach it to the neathers map geneerator

13. Offline

nisovin

I'm currently playing with this a bit. Though I'm giving the nether trees a different appearance, and I'm using the dead shrub as the sapling. I'll probably have at least a pre-release version and some screen shots up later today.

14. Offline

Pencil

Awesomeeeeee!!!

If it's soooooooo simple do it :p

15. Offline

matter123

16. Offline

nisovin

Well this is my first attempt:

[​IMG]

But it looks too much like a retarded lamp post. So, I'm brainstorming new designs.

minechomp likes this.
  17. Offline

Mukrakiish

That comment made me laugh pretty hard this morning.

18. Offline

Pencil

It does kinda :p Let me get a screenshot up ^^

Ok @nisovin here were our design ideas ^^

View attachment 4351

It was supposed to look a bit like a mushroom :D

View attachment 4352
    removed a few logs so there isnt too much wood on it

View attachment 4353

top view

Maybe u could do something like that?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  19. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I like this idea, and the in-progress stuff seems interesting, but I'd like to see screenshots made with the default texture pack.

20. Offline

Mukrakiish

I agree. Although I really do love the bordercraft tex pack, its got the most hideous glow-stone texture I've ever seen.

21. Offline

ಠ_ಠ

i for one support this idea, it would bring much more to the nether, and more servers might use it because of this!

22. Offline

Lolmewn

default <3 I love default xD And this idea btw.

23. Offline

Pencil

:D Someone needs to do it then :3

24. Offline

minechomp

No seriously stick with the lampost at least for right now. I want at least the lampost. Could you do the lampost and then update it later? Anyone? I will shower you with[diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond].
    EDIT+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Not enough? How about [diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock][diamondblock]