No Loading & lagging

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by krovn, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

krovn

Environment:
    12 Core (2.0GhZ) AMD Opteron x64
    32GB RAM
    Windows Server 2008
    Craftbukkit 1.3.1-R0.1 ---> 1.3.2-R0.1

Hello I have a problem after fixing 2348(2206)(https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-2348)(I dont think that this bug is completely fixed). When I start server some chunks manage to load (1-10 chunks) , There is no errors in console but if I join server map isnt loading (or nothing is loaded). When I type commands in, server executes them but nothing happens on clientside (map isnt loading too) ! Player just falling into a void until being kicked for EndOfStream or ReadTimedOut(https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-2348). (I have opened all ports & checked internet connection)

I have tried to launch server without plugins.

I have tried reinstalling java.

It happens on all server types. (Original minecraft server, bukkit... etc)
    I think that server is still having 'fixed' bug (https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-2348)
    Having DSCT: socked closed error
    Having unacceptable character '?' 0xFFFD or something like that
    P.S Sorry for my bad English.

Anyone?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  2. Offline

TnT

Is it a hosted server? A home based server? The same server as your client is on?

Have you tried with a new world?

The error you referenced is actually quite different in symptoms than what you are experiencing.

3. Offline

krovn

1. Nope

2. I have server computer for my project.

3. Nope

4. Yes

I have this problem after I bought a new server.

4. Offline

TnT

Try on a different computer if you can. Curious if it may be issues on that one system.

5. Offline

krovn

everything is ok on other systems... I need to know whats wrong with this... There is any hardware/software isnt compatible with bukkit?

I tried reinstalling Windows Server to Windows 7 but still have this bug. Now Iam back to Windows Server 2008.

Any ideas how to fix it?

I think this is the same? (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/map-not-loading.95791/)

?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

krovn

7. Offline

c0mp

Let's take a look at the output of java -version, and also the batch file or command that you're using to start the server. Also, have you tried renaming your world folder(s) temporarily to see if the same thing happens on a freshly-generated world?

8. Offline

krovn

it happens on all worlds and all minecraft versions on this computer.

java -version:

java version "1.7.0_06"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_06-b24)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode)

Launcher (Worked fine for 1 year):

@Echo off
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms12288M -Xmx12288M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    pause

something wrong with this system?

9. Offline

krovn

10. Offline

Advocate

I unfortunately don't know the error but seriously switch to linux. I can guarantee it will be worth whatever effort it takes to learn it and it is much more optimized.

11. Offline

krovn

Iam hosting many things that are not compatible with linux.

c0mp can you take a look?

12. Offline

c0mp

Everything looks good there. What about those worlds?

13. Offline

krovn

It happens on every world I download or generate.

14. Offline

arcade_droid

Try to connect again.

15. Offline

c0mp

Removed inflammatory posts, let's keep it helpful and respectful, folks.

krovn, you said that the server works just fine on other computers, but not this one, so obviously something's going on with this one that's NOT going on with the other systems. Try booting up the computer in safe mode with networking and starting the server from there, see how that works.

16. Offline

krovn

Ok I'll try it when i get to the server.

17. Offline

krovn

Nothing changed with safemode enabled.

c0mp do you know about any bukkit incompatibility with any software/hardware?

18. Offline

Pikipikipuku

c0mp, did you ever had this kind problem?

19. Offline

HollowCube

20. Offline

krovn

Ok ;) thanks

21. Offline

c0mp

It's always a possibility, but I don't know of any off the top of my head, no. And I haven't had this problem with the versions of CB that you're referencing. We're running 1.3.2-R0.1, but we're running on Linux, so I don't know. I don't have much experience with Windows Server Anything, so I don't know if there's something conflicting there, but you said that you also experienced the same issue running Windows 7 on the same system, so methinks not. Possibly a hardware issue? The beginning of a failing hard drive perhaps? Have you tested it recently? Or if your client is connecting from a different computer, maybe there's a failing network cable going into the server?

Also, in your first post, you said "Craftbukkit 1.3.1-R0.1 ---> 1.3.2-R0.1", does that mean that the issue occurs for all of those versions? Or only when you updated the server from the former to the latter?

22. Offline

krovn

This bug appears in all craftbukkit versions... You sad hard drive fail? i have an old SATA HDD.

23. Offline

c0mp

Many SATA drives will support SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology). I don't know if there's anything built into Windows that will give you the SMART status of the drive, but I know for a fact that recent versions of Ubuntu will. Also, many systems' BIOS will provide at least rudimentary SMART testing as well.

24. Offline

krovn

Monitoring app i downloaded (that provides SMART monitoring) is not launching (CRASH)

25. Offline

c0mp

Swap with known-good hard drive?

26. Offline

krovn

I'll try. And Question: I need to install new copy of OS to the good HDD or i can just add it and launch server from it?

27. Offline

krovn

The same :(

28. Offline

krovn

This issue looks normal for writing it into the issue tracker?

29. Offline

c0mp

Not sure if you're asking a question or making a statement.

30. Offline

krovn

but noone can help me with this... and i dont see any dev activity over this (iam wathing many similar issues)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.