No more snapshots for bukkit builds?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by toofruity, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

toofruity

Just came back to minecraft and decided to update bukkit for server I added. Even though Minecraft released im confused I got new build dragged into old folder with all plugins from old version and then tryed to launch via the 64 bit starter. It gave me an error that I could not find the snapshot. Do I need to find a snapshot if so can someone give me a link. Some kind of two step installing?

2. Offline

Greylocke

My guess is that your old starter command is looking for a file that no longer exists. Make sure that it references the new craftbukkit file that you downloaded, or change the craftbukkit file name to match your starter.

3. Offline

toofruity

So just rename it like the old file?

It says failed to load main-class manifest attirbute

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  4. Offline

CRAZYxMUNK3Y

This is thre rough layout a normal bat file to start a Bukkit server. This is mine;

@Echo off
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    pause

Rundown:
    @Echo off - Hides unwated lines from CMD
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" - your Java.exe location
    -Xms1024M and Xmx1024M - Amount of RAM you want to run the server on in MB
    -jar - Just CMD to run a .jar file
    craftbukkit.jar - The name which you have given your bukkit file - default is: craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1.jar
    pause - Leaves CMD window open to allow for commands

So, if you are running Java6 (32 bit) on a 64bit machine it would look like this (with default jar location)

@Echo off
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1.jar
    pause

If 64 Bit java on 64 Bit machine, it would look like this;

@Echo off
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1.jar
    pause

ha11oga11o likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.