Solved No One Can Join My Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by 33CoolyDude33, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

33CoolyDude33

I created a server a while a go and used uTorrent to let other people on and it worked for a while... but then just suddenly one day it stopped working and no one could join it unless at my house. If they tried it just said java.net.ConnectException: Connection Refused: no further information: .So then i downloaded Simple Port Forwarding and that worked perfectly for a few days but then it stopped working again. I did update my IP. At the moment whenever i use canyouseeme.org it says No route to host. Whenever i use Simple Port Forwarding's Port Tester it says:
    Port: 25565 TCP
    Open?: Failed

2. When you portfoward, you use your IPV4, it may have changed,
    Open CMD type /ipconfig and look

3. Offline

33CoolyDude33

I did update my Ipv4 when I port forwarded. I also updated the ip i gave to my friends (from ipchicken.com).

4. Offline

33CoolyDude33

Can anyone help me please because I've got one comment and I posted this a long time ago.
    :'(

5. 33CoolyDude33 I've no idea why you would use a torrenting program to try and run a server but moving on...

It sounds like something is using port 25565 already. Depending on your OS there are ways to find out what's using a specific port: Google search for those instructions. Also bare in mind that I have no idea what "Simple Port Forwarding" is.

6. Offline

33CoolyDude33

Seems I port forwarded wrong (typo) but now I fixed that and it does the same thing except now it says:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection Refused: no further information
    and canyouseeme.org says connection timed out

7. Offline

33CoolyDude33

I am looking for how to see what is running on 25565 now but I'm finding it hard. Simple Port Forwarding is a program you can download to port forward with.

When I type netstat -a | find ":25565" into CMD it says:
    TCP 0.0.0.0:25565 [my computers name]:0 LISTENING
    TCP 127.0.0.1:25565 [my computers name]:49345 ESTABLISHED
    TCP 127.0.0.1:49345 [my computers name]:25565 ESTABLISHED
    TCP [::]:25565 [my computers name]:0 LISTENING

But when I closed my server (I have a bukkit GUI server) and minecraft and typed netstat -a | find ":25565" It came up with nothing
    Can I have some help anyone?

8. 33CoolyDude33 Maybe this "Simple Port Forward" is what's causing it - maybe it tries to bind 25565 at the same time as Minecraft does?

9. Offline

33CoolyDude33

Ok. This is what I did:
    1. I uninstalled Simple Port Forwarding and utorrent then re installed utorrent
    2. Set up the preffrences thing for port 25565
    3. Used canyouseeme.org to test my port and it said: Success: I can see your service on 81.243.134.1 on port (25565)
    Your ISP is not blocking port 25565

I have no idea what the problem was but it looks like its fixed I will get a friend to try and join it ASAP and if it doesn't work I will tell you.

AdamQpzm likes this.
  10. Offline

csskevin

Do you have a windows firewall, if yes add tcp port 25565 or deactivate it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.