No prefixes displayed

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Stormbow, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Stormbow

I don't know what's going on with my server in regards to the prefixes. In 953, I had more than enough prefixes for anyone's taste at one point, and somehow got them down to Group-Name-Message. Now, I'm running Cb1000 and I can't get even 1 prefix to show up.

Java version: 1.6.0_25-b06

Launching Server with:
    Code:
    @echo off
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms5120M -Xmx5120M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    pause
    Plugins: BookWorm, ChestHarvester, DailyBonus, Essentials, EssentialsChat, EssentialsSpawn, FalseBookBlock, FalseBookCore, FoundDiamonds, GravelClay, HeroicDeath, iConomy, Jobs, KitPlugin, LavaFurnace, LocalShops, LWC, MailBox, mcMMO, MinecartMania (Admin, Autocart, Automations, ChestControl, Core, SignCommands, and Station), MobBounty, OtherBlocks, Permissions, Scavenger, SimpleTime, TieDyeSheep, Tomb, Towny (and Questioner), uQuest (and AutoComplete / ShowTracker), VanishNoPickup, WorldEdit, WorldGuard.

In Permissions > WorldName > groups.yml and users.yml I've specified prefixes, but they don't show in-game.

In Essentials > config.yml I have add-prefix-suffix: true.

I tried installing iChat and later mChat, but neither of them did anything to the chat lines as people speak. I've removed both .jar files and their corresponding folders.

The Towny plugin is adding "Mayor" before my name in the city I created, but I'm still not seeing any other prefixes that I've assigned my groups. ([Owner], [Mod], etc.)

What am I missing here? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Storm

2. Offline

jasonsj10

use essentials chat. Its the Best this is my Essential Chat if this helps.....
    Code:
    ############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # |                   EssentialsChat                     | #
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    ############################################################

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Or with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    chat:
      radius: 0

# If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
      format: '[{DISPLAYNAME}] {MESSAGE}'
      #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'

# You can also have group-specific formats, uncomment to enable:
      group-formats:
        Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'
        God: '**&1O&2w&3n&4e&5r&f* [&4{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        Titan: '[&9{GROUP}&f] [&9{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        FBI: '[&9F&f&4B&f&9I&f] [&4{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        Police: '[&9{GROUP}&f] [&9{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        Architect: '[&6{GROUP}&f] [&6{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        Builder: '[&2{GROUP}&f] [&2{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        Follower: '[&3{GROUP}&f] [&3{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        Beginner: '[&e{GROUP}&f] [&e{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        Noob: '[&7{GROUP}&f] [&7{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        Default: '[&7Spawn!&f] [&7{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'
        PVP: '[&7PVP&f] [&7{DISPLAYNAME}&f] {MESSAGE}'

3. Offline

Stormbow

@jasonsj10

I don't know what I missed there, but copying and pasting your line over mine got everything working fine.

Thanks! [diamond]

4. Offline

jasonsj10

5. Offline

Banana937

A better solution that adds prefixes automatically without having to configure for each group is iChat. I read that you tried using it, but did you delete EssentialsChat first? EssentialsChat overrides iChat, I experienced that problem before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.