[NOT SOLVED] Error Running Plugin?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Deleted user, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Deleted user

Code:
    2011-11-01 21:31:12 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\NoCharcoalPlease.jar' in folder 'plugins': 
    java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:215)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:112)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:136)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

I'm getting this on startup of my server. I've made this plugin myself... What am I doing wrong?!
    If you would like the file of this plugin, please tell me.

And what does a zip file have to do with a jar file? xD
    1 more thing. I converted the zip file into a jar file PROPERLY! I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT!

Omg.... D: This sucks... any help?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. A jar file is basically a zip file. What is your IDE? Eclipse?

3. Offline

Deleted user

4. Oh it should create the jar for you when you export then so I have no idea what the problem is. EDIT: Just noticed the dev tag so this obviously isn't your first XD

5. Offline

Deleted user

I never had any problems until now... any solutions?! I have 5 plugins ready to go, but this is messing me up.

6. Offline

DomovoiButler

just post the file or code

7. Offline

Deleted user

@DomovoiButler
    File can be found here: NoSpeedKickPlease v1.0 (DEV)
    Thanks for replying DomovoiButler.

D: any suggestions?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  8. Offline

DomovoiButler

i suggest dont convert zip file to jarfile manually or to some converter. export it using your IDE to .jar

9. Offline

nickrak

10. Offline

DomovoiButler

11. Offline

Deleted user

B-b-b-b-but I used the manually making a jar (changing the extension of a file) for 2 plugins, and it worked! I don't see why it didn't work for this...
    Can someone create or find a video tutorial on how to make a .jar file on Eclipse?
    And one more thing. If I make a .jar file on Eclipse, can i just copy and paste the contents in to the .jar file from my old one?

12. Offline

nickrak

There are two tutorials for making jars already posted. Mine was for eclipse, DomovoiButler posted one for IntelliJ. If you can't read and need a video, you can google it. Why would you copy paste the contents when you can just replace the jar?

13. Offline

Deleted user

Ummmm I dunno :D
    Can you give me the link for the eclipse one please.

14. Offline

nickrak

15. Offline

Deleted user

Thank You!

16. Haha I was going to suggest this until I noticed you were a plugin dev so I assumed you exported all your plugins from eclipse :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.