Not working with Hamachi!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by WindedDragon, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

WindedDragon

huh...one sec let me test that

Nope. eric-laptop works for me but not for external connection. By the way sorry, I want to make sure I'm no making a dumb mistake.

edit: Are there any known plugins that can cause this?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  2. Offline

mughi

no..

actually, i just setup hamachi.. my hamachi IP now starts with a 5..
    if your friends are on your hamachi network, then they should use your hamachi ip.. 5.x.x.x:25565

(assuming all hamachi ip's start w/ 5.. which i think they do)

3. Offline

WindedDragon

They do, the weird thing is when I first decided to make a minecraft server I didn't use bukkit I just used the basic minecraftserver.jar. I worked fine, but then I wanted mods and plugins so I got Bukkit. That is when the problem started. Now the basic minecraft server is not working.

4. Offline

mughi

i think this is a firewall issue.. it is behaving like one anyhow
    i have the feeling that w/ all the troubleshooting going on, we have gotten you into some sort of screwed up state

since hamachi bypasses your router, make sure there are no port forwards set on it. although that probably won't make a difference

5. Offline

WindedDragon

Alright.

edit:done

6. Offline

mughi

update for the rest of you:
    tested via hamachi:
    i still cannot connect to WindedDragon's server, but he can connect to a test one i threw on my machine.
    [test machine info:] {THIS IS NOT THE SERVER WHICH IS HAVING PROBLEMS}
    • xp pro sp3 32bit
    • windows firewall - disabled (xp actually listens)
    • avast antivirus: shutdown
    • java 1.6.0_21
    • craftbukkit 556
    • no plugins
    • new world
    • java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    • in otherwords, nothing special, low-end machine, outdated java, still worked.
    i had to change my hamachi network settings for traffic filtering from block untrusted to block unsecured

it did not help when he did the same.. didn't help when he set to allow all either.
    i think this is a windows firewall issue..

7. Offline

sintri

x32 and x64 java are different, though it wouldn't really cause the problems you're experiencing. Computer name is as is, hamachi acts as a bridge for a lan, as such other people can use the computer name to connect, given that they can normally connect in the first place. Still chances are you're overlooking something.

8. Offline

WindedDragon

Ya, knowing me I am. I'm not sure what it could be because I really don't have to much security on my computer.

9. Offline

mughi

problem was firewall..

there were a large number of allow/deny rules for java.exe disabled them, and created in/out rules for correct port.
    works now

10. Offline

WindedDragon

Fixed the problem! Big thanks to Mughi for helping!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.