One Account?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by mattrick, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mattrick

I've been thinking on how inconvenient it is to maintain both a Bukkit Forums and BukkitDev account. Why not just merge them both?

2. Offline

zeeveener

What do you mean by "maintain"?

3. Offline

mattrick

zeeveener
    Keep up with PMs, tickets, alerts, etc. I think it would be easier to get alerts on both. Plus, its annoying to login to both.

4. Offline

zeeveener

Ignoring the cookie-cutter answer, "BukkitDev is not under our control, etc, etc.", I don't think that's really any better. If anything, it'd be more confusing having to determine whether an alert is someone comment on a plugin page or on a forum post.

I'm sure you already know this, but you can set up email notifications and follow the links provided in them instead of spending time checking both sites for updates.

Also, just click "remember me." I only have to login every month or so when my web browser clears it's cache.

5. Offline

ZachBora

mattrick I'd love to have only 1 account for bank, email and bukkit. But that's a huge security issue because if one gets hacked, they have access to everything.

dev.bukkit.org is the Curse network, so minecraft forums, curse, bukkitdev and all their other applications.
    The forums.bukkit.org has it's own database.

6. Offline

mattrick

zeeveener
    I'd just rather have one login and receive alerts whenever anything is submitted to Bukkit Dev. I am always more active on Bukkit forums, so it would be easier to get alerts on both.

ZachBora
    That makes a good point. You can still get alerts from the other database though. Also its not a huge security issue, they are both not the most important services in (most) peoples lives.

7. Offline

ZachBora

mattrick If they wanted to make them both the same accounts, they'd have to replace the forum accounts and lots of people who already registered a username would lose it because it is owned by a different person on curse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.