Filled Permanent Speed

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Hockeyfan1852, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Offline

Hockeyfan1852

Suggested name: Permanent Speed

What I want: Permanent speed effects on all players that stay on when switching worlds.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Hockeyfan1852

2. Offline

The Fancy Whale

A plugin is unnecessary... most multiple world plugins allow you to configure inventory parts that are transferred between world

3. Offline

JPG2000

Hockeyfan1852 This is a very very easy plugin. Would take me 2 minutes. Im on vacation so I wont br able to code it untill monday, or maby sunday.

Dont count me as a number 1 option. A medium level dev could do this in 5 min. Im guessing someone can get this done today (or tommorow). Like I said, its super simplem

The Fancy Whale This is not unnecisary. Its tiny and puny, but a person wants it. I could littery do this in less tjen 5 minutes. Its so small that its worth being nice.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
    Hockeyfan1852 likes this.
  4. Offline

The Fancy Whale

JPG2000 I know how to do it but I know that basically all multi world plugins will allow for multiple worlds to share plugins

5. Offline

JPG2000

The Fancy Whale Hes not asking for that. Hes asking for permenant speed.

Also, not trying to be mean, you ptobally cant code it. You made a thread on booleans, the most simple primetive.

Im not trying to be mean, I was newby 2. Im just a little mad because spending 5 min could make someone happy :(

6. Offline

The Fancy Whale

JPG2000 Potion effects are not challenging to do... also I just dont see a reason to run an extra plugin when you can just give people potion effects and have them transfer from world to world

7. Offline

JPG2000

The Fancy Whale Because its permenant. Dude, I dont knoe your skills, but I cant imagine there high due to you not knowing how to use a boolean. Nd you probally dont know what an event is either.

8. Offline

The Fancy Whale

JPG2000 Can you please just stop tagging me and bothering me? Im just trying to help him out without having to run another plugin. Just back off please

9. Offline

JPG2000

The Fancy Whale I was trying to defend him
    He wanted a plugin that took 2 minutes. I booted up my 7 yr old laptop. It took me 4 minutes.

That being said, I will follow your accept. I accept your privacy. I am sorry that Im bothering you, but I am tryong to help this guy.

10. Offline

whatapigdoes

//OffTopic

Best.Signature.Ever

11. Offline

Hockeyfan1852

Sorry, but would it be possible to add permanent night vision with the speed as well?

12. Offline

woaosodo

Just make this all be in onEnable()

13. Offline

Hockeyfan1852

It looks you are the only one that knows and are willing to do the plugin. Whenever you can get this done I am really grateful! :)

14. Offline

BillyGalbreath

Speed is permanent until logged off. If you are having an issue with it being disabled by switching worlds then a plugin is controlling that. Essentials I know resets /speed when switching worlds, so even if someone makes another plugin to give you unlimited speed Essentials will reset it when you switch worlds again. As for permanent night vision, essentials will not reset it. Just use /effect player night_vision 1000000

Looked deeper into OP's wording. Here you go Hockeyfan1852 :

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/permanenteffects/ <- Bukkit Project. (waiting for aproval)

http://jenkins.pl3x.net/job/PermanentEffects/ <- Jenkins Server (can download now)

Enjoy! ^_^

15. Offline

Hockeyfan1852

BillyGalbreath I tested out the plugin and it gives you speed 2 and also when the world switches the speed displays but the actual effect does not work.
    EDIT: The night vision works between maps but not the speed.

16. Offline

BillyGalbreath

You have a plugin that is disabling it on world change then. This plugin works as expected. Speed 2 is the default amplifier.

Edit: Try build #2, Hockeyfan1852

17. Offline

Hockeyfan1852

It is running with one other plugin which is my game plugin. Build 2 doesn't carry over the speed also I need it to be speed 1 for the server :/

18. Offline

BillyGalbreath

Ok, build #3 I tested extensively. Works as expected now. Even fixed the amplifier (forgot to start at 0 instead of 1).

19. Offline

Hockeyfan1852

It works! Thanks so much! :D

20. Offline

BillyGalbreath

Glad you like it, Hockeyfan1852 ^_^

I recommend you grab build #7 from the jenkins (v1.1) as it contains a very important bugfix. In v1.0 if you change the config values all the users will still have their old effects plus any new effects you set. V1.1 fixes that by removing all effects and then adding the effects you set.

You will need to delete your old config so it can generate a new one in the proper format for v1.1 to work.

V1.1 also has ability to set the amplifier and choose worlds to have this disabled in.

Enjoy! ^_^