Permission Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by _chargers2417_, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

_chargers2417_

Hello,
    I'm trying to start up a server for my friends and I and need help with some permissions. I'm trying to get pex to work for Owners (and default temporarily to promote myself) and to allow non op people (basically everyone, including Owners) to use buy, sell, trade, etc. signs. (Essentials signs). I'm new to this so there are probably lots of problems, lol. Also, when I try to type /pex into chat and console, nothing happens, not even an error message.

Here is my permissions:
    http://pastebin.com/TVnrqHdV

My plugins are: Essentials, Pex, lottery, World Edit and world border. (I also currently have Groupmanager installed too, but I'm trying to delete it. When I looked in console it said it was using Groupmanager for permissions so this may also be an issue)

Thanks in advance!
    -chargers

So I deleted GroupManager and then reinstalled PEX. All the commands worked and even created an Owner group in console and made myself an Owner. However, when I tried doing permissions, all the problems reappeared, like when I type a pex command into chat literally nothing happens, it's as if I didn't type it.

Here's my new permissions: http://pastebin.com/4PyjVQgM

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance!
    -chargers

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Offline

LHammonds

That is because PEX cannot load a broken .yml file. Your permissions.yml has format errors and NO PLUGIN can load .yml files that are not formatted correctly. Copy/Paste the contents of each to an Online YAML Parser to find/correct your formatting errors until you have no errors left. Then, and ONLY then, copy it back to the .yml file and start the server.

Once you get the basic format errors out of the way, you then need to make sure the options you are setting inside the .yml file are actually in the right place because the placement of options in PEX files have changed over the versions.

I have a tutorial on my site which covers the basics and has an example file which is correctly formatted and using many of its features. Please note that my tutorial only covers the latest version of PEX (1.22.1 at this moment) so my example will not work properly in an older version such as PEX 1.20.4 without modification.

You did not mention what version of PEX you are using so it would be impossible to for anyone to tell you exactly what is wrong (other than spacing errors) since placement of various options has changed in recent versions.

LHammonds

3. Offline

_chargers2417_

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate the help! I was able to use some of your info with some other info I found and it worked! Thanks again!

-chargers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.