Inactive [ADMN/INFO] Permissions v2.1 - Continuing the legacy.

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Nijikokun, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nijikokun

Permissions 2.1 (Handler)
    Download 2.1 (Jar Only)
    Older: 2.0, 1.9, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0

Permissions... Done right.
    Permissions allows plugin-authors to utalize a permission system that handles group inheritance, globalized permission settings, and more. All the features of a fine-grained permission system in one plugin.​

Features
    1. Groups
    2. Group Inheritance, Allows for groups to gain permissions from other groups.
    3. User Permission System
    4. Fine Grained Permission system.
      1. Allowing for Globalized permissions
    5. Easy to use, setup, and implement.
    6. Two cache layers, first from file to memory, then from memory to cache.
      1. Plugins can control cache since version 2.1
    7. And much more.
    For the users

Permissions gives server admins great control, mostly in-game reloading. Simply use /pr and the file will be re-cached and never touched again until you need to reload it. This allows you to quickly give your users the commands that they need without having to restart the server.

Installation for 2.0 down:
    1. Download the archive.
    2. Extract contents to the /plugins folder.
    3. Open up /plugins/Permissions/config.yml
      1. Read / modify.
      2. Save.
    4. Reload Server.
    Changelog

• Multiple-World support
      • New cache layer, and cache control support for plugins
      • Editing features for plugins to hook into
      • Exempt nodes
      • World copying
      • Forgot.
      • Fully fixes inheritance.
        • Groups now inherit groups of groups that inherit groups of...
      • Cache system implemented.
      • Plugin authors can now delegate a variable system if needed.
      • API Updated with two new functions to get the point of what they do across.
        • Along with the new variable checks.
      • Fixes the broken globalized node issue.
        • node.* is called a `globalized node`
    Supporting Plugins

I have hit the character limit for this post.​

Thanks to:
    • sk89q for hiearchical and node system idea.
    • Creator of GroupUsers for api implementation.
    This author has stopped development of this plugin. It is no longer supported and I wouldn't ask for help here, as you won't get any. New Permissions
    -RightLegRed

2. Offline

zehkaiser

This is frustrating me horribly! I can NOT get this to work properly. I removed all mods but this one, and changed the default group's build to false. I join the server (making myself a default user) and I can still build. I can use any command I want. What's going on here???

3. Offline

MrYaah

Is there a way to support players being in multiple groups, for example if i wanted to have groups set up for guilds and clans, is there a way to set it up so that a player would get the commands from their base player group and whatever other group they are in say, admin, and at the same time be considered a "miner" or whatever the guild is. I'm not sure if this is inheritance or interfaces or what type of structure this would be considered but i was wondering if its already a part of ur plugin or if it is intended or not

4. Offline

Belus

i cant add anyone to any group please help

5. [​IMG]
    This is exactly the kind of "bug" report we don't want. Specify plugin version, Bukkit version, did the plugin load correctly, what is your permissions config and whatnot...

6. Offline

zehkaiser

How do you determine your bukkit version? I downloaded a new one this morning. I'm running Permissions 1.8. No other mods. Using the default config with the line changed for build on the default group to false. Again, all commands can be used by anyone and I can build whatever.

7. Offline

joshcvb

Any idea on why my users will not inherit the next group. Only Default has access to the correct commands and can use whats given.

Using Craftbukkit build 128

Permissions v 1.8

http://pastebin.com/m4UmNwa9

8. Offline

seriosbrad

I changed yours to how I have mine set up. I had the same "problem"... it makes sense you should only have to add one lower group to the higher group, but in my case it didn't work.

http://pastebin.com/tH3u3XAa

9. Offline

uncovery

What do I have to do to apply changes to the permissions (added user, changed user group)? Do I have to restart the server? I tried HotSwap plugin for this but it does not reload the changed group of a person.

In my opinion the Permissions plugin should reload the file at the join of a user at least so that a user can rejoin and have its new rights. a restart of the server is not an acceptable solution

10. Offline

seriosbrad

Use command "/pr" in-game to refresh the permissions

Don't use any plugins that claim that plugin loading/reloading works, it just breaks the plugin temporarily and you need to restart the server

11. Offline

joshcvb

Thanks it worked for me, the only one im having an issue with is teleport and im to lazy to go through all these pages to find out if theres an issue so i ll just get another plugin but thanks for the help

12. Offline

uncovery

This is exactly how I had to setup mine too, for it to work. I have no idea why this have to be like this. Apparently the inheritance is not recursive.
    --- merged: Jan 24, 2011 6:49 AM ---
    @Nijikokun: What you might want to mention in your docs about the inheritance is that they are nor recursive (Heymod groups were recursive) and that one group can inherit from several groups. I was wondering why only my lowest level could spawn but the higher levels could not use it although there was a clear chain of inheritances. Only when I did not expect that mods inherit from users what they inherited from guests, and added both users and guests as inheritances to mods, mods could use spawn just as users and guests could.

I do not mind which system you use, but there should be a clear statement.
    Also, there should be a clear message if groups can have capital letters in them. The Worldguard plugin is currently converting all groups and usersname into small letters and I am not sure if this matters or not. When debugging, it is a great help to know that capitalization does not matter in groups and/or usernames.

13. Offline

LaDestitute

Can someone help me migrate my old hmod group/user's settings files to the config?

14. Offline

seriosbrad

Private Message me your hmod groups.txt and users.txt using pastebin.com and I'll do my best. I'll test on my local server to make sure it's working

15. Offline

AskCharlie

I don't know if this exists, but if not, is there a way to add a command like /permissions that will reload the config file on the fly, so a server doesn't have to be restarted for new permissions to get effect? I know there are mods out there that restart plugins, but I was just wondering if it could be implemented into the next build.

16. Offline

KiloWhiskey

This has been in since the beginning. It's /pr or /permissions. ops can use it. or you can give it to a player with permissions.reload

17. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Took me a while to set up all the groups again, but definitely worth the patience poured into the process!

18. Offline

ledhead900

Here is our Config I did manage to get it working just fine, Tho same issue. proper inheretance is not working. "Build 135", Just replace any command you dont want! and modify the groups & users as needed.

Note: I'ts not finished but it works and passes the yaml online praser no errors

SeriosBrad also has a nice config for one that does not require perfect inheretance but instead takes after only the default group. Thx SeriosBrad I might revise mine later also see a lot of plugins I use in yours as well :), Most helpful config iv seen yet!

It's /pr but your other method will work just as well.

19. Offline

Venasen

20. Offline

AskCharlie

thank you so much for that. Sometimes I just over look commands. :)

21. Offline

Nijikokun

1.9 Released

Update! Fixes inheritance, new cache system that lessens calls by 87%, gives plugin authors something new to play with:

New way of acquiring the permission system (Backwards compatible):

Add the imports:
    Code:
    import com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions;
    import com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler;
    import org.bukkit.plugin.Plugin;
    Add a public static variable for permissions:
    Code:
    public static PermissionHandler Permissions = null;
    Add the setup function:
    Code:
        public void setupPermissions() {
    	Plugin test = this.getServer().getPluginManager().getPlugin("Permissions");

if(this.Permissions == null) {
    	    if(test != null) {
    		this.Permissions = ((Permissions)test).getHandler();
    	    } else {
    		log.info(Messaging.bracketize(name) + " Permission system not enabled. Disabling plugin.");
    		this.getServer().getPluginManager().disablePlugin(this);
    	    }
    	}
        }

New Permission Check method: (Backwards Compatible)
    Code:
    Permissions.has(player, "permission.node");

Permission Variable API:

Group:
    Code:
    Permissions.getGroupPermissionString(String group, String permission);
    Permissions.getGroupPermissionBoolean(String group, String permission);
    Permissions.getGroupPermissionInteger(String group, String permission);
    Permissions.getGroupPermissionDouble(String group, String permission);
    User:
    Code:
    Permissions.getUserPermissionString(String playername, String permission);
    Permissions.getUserPermissionBoolean(String playername, String permission);
    Permissions.getUserPermissionInteger(String playername, String permission);
    Permissions.getUserPermissionDouble(String playername, String permission);
    Both: (Note: User overpowers group settings)
    Code:
    Permissions.getPermissionString(String playername, String permission);
    Permissions.getPermissionBoolean(String playername, String permission);
    Permissions.getPermissionInteger(String playername, String permission);
    Permissions.getPermissionDouble(String playername, String permission);

22. Offline

kenny

23. Offline

Daworm

So @Nikikokun, this will still work with existing configs?

24. Offline

Suhteevah

This plugin is not working with general it is disabling general,

Using most up to date permissions, and General

Server Log
    http://pastebin.com/XK36QfXs

25. Offline

Daworm

Test and this works nicely with.

MYHOME
    WorldGuard
    WorldEdit
    TelePort
    WarpGate
    dynmap
    iChat
    LWC
    MinecartMania / Signs / Stations

26. Offline

xZise

Can you please post in your first screenshots which commands your plugin has (e.g. /pr) and point them out :p And please post what permissions you need to execute them.

[edit]Okay the permission name permissions.reload but for this information I had to read several pages of this thread, so please post it for every one in the first post.

And I have the problem, that my plugin didn't noticed that a permission was changed.[/edit]

Sincerely
    xZise

27. Offline

Nijikokun

Looks like you aren't even loading permissions. Make sure you have Permissions.jar and Permissions/ folder under the plugins directory.

Need to see full server error, those 3 lines don't tell me enough.

Yes.

28. Sorry if you already answered this, but do you plan on implementing an ingame command to "promote" players to another group?
    Currently I am the only one with access to the actual files on the server, but I'd like my mods to be able to promote members too. They already have /pr permissions, but thats of little use without a /promote (or similar) :)

Thank you very much for the work you put into this plugin! It makes my life MUCH easier on the server.

29. Offline

Suhteevah

I said i was using the most recent release of Permissions and General I figured that would entail me having the proper plugin in the plugins folder and the folder there as well.

30. Offline

HotelErotica

31. Offline

Nijikokun

Re-download 1.9

I have fixed the issue that you have.

@cowboybebopavatarguy:
    This line is no where to be found in your console data. If you had permissions installed it would be there. I'm not saying I doubt you but the console doesn't lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.