Inactive [ADMN/INFO] Permissions v2.1 - Continuing the legacy.

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Nijikokun, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nijikokun

Permissions 2.1 (Handler)
    Download 2.1 (Jar Only)
    Older: 2.0, 1.9, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0

Permissions... Done right.
    Permissions allows plugin-authors to utalize a permission system that handles group inheritance, globalized permission settings, and more. All the features of a fine-grained permission system in one plugin.​

Features
    1. Groups
    2. Group Inheritance, Allows for groups to gain permissions from other groups.
    3. User Permission System
    4. Fine Grained Permission system.
      1. Allowing for Globalized permissions
    5. Easy to use, setup, and implement.
    6. Two cache layers, first from file to memory, then from memory to cache.
      1. Plugins can control cache since version 2.1
    7. And much more.
    For the users

Permissions gives server admins great control, mostly in-game reloading. Simply use /pr and the file will be re-cached and never touched again until you need to reload it. This allows you to quickly give your users the commands that they need without having to restart the server.

Installation for 2.0 down:
    1. Download the archive.
    2. Extract contents to the /plugins folder.
    3. Open up /plugins/Permissions/config.yml
      1. Read / modify.
      2. Save.
    4. Reload Server.
    Changelog

• Multiple-World support
      • New cache layer, and cache control support for plugins
      • Editing features for plugins to hook into
      • Exempt nodes
      • World copying
      • Forgot.
      • Fully fixes inheritance.
        • Groups now inherit groups of groups that inherit groups of...
      • Cache system implemented.
      • Plugin authors can now delegate a variable system if needed.
      • API Updated with two new functions to get the point of what they do across.
        • Along with the new variable checks.
      • Fixes the broken globalized node issue.
        • node.* is called a `globalized node`
    Supporting Plugins

I have hit the character limit for this post.​

Thanks to:
    • sk89q for hiearchical and node system idea.
    • Creator of GroupUsers for api implementation.
    This author has stopped development of this plugin. It is no longer supported and I wouldn't ask for help here, as you won't get any. New Permissions
    -RightLegRed

2. Offline

Nijikokun

no spaces in between them, and yes.

3. Offline

DarkM

Okay I fixed the WorldEdit commands. I forgot about the permissions in the WorldEdit config. Now I just need to figure out LWC.

4. Offline

h0us3cat

adminname:
    group: Admins
    permissions:
    modname:
    group: Moderators
    permissions:

Like this? :)

5. Offline

Nijikokun

you have a bunch of errors. First off. there is a broken line where cleaner.* and you have the single quote on the next line. No comments in-between permissions as per line 114 the previous is 112 and 113.

Next the part you are erroring at is the non-existant group "mods" which you try and inherit at line 80 inside of the group admins.

6. Offline

xXFreeekXx

Damn, have been waiting for a while now to have permissions work with Build 135 or higher. Without permissions, it cancels the ability to use a lot of other useful plugins.

Thought 1.9 would have done it. Doesn't seem to have.

7. Offline

Nijikokun

Works fine here, using #135.

Permissions.jar and Permissions/ folder both are in the folder plugins, worked this way before.[/quote]

Edit your post with a pastebin link containing your config.yml, thank you

8. Works fine fore me as well. You've probably got a config problem if it's not working.

9. Offline

Nijikokun

10. Offline

xXFreeekXx

Edit your post with a pastebin link containing your config.yml, thank you[/quote]

Cheers for the help, if it's working for you, then i've definitely done something wrong...

http://pastebin.com/HS9Sewib

11. Offline

Krasus88

Edit your post with a pastebin link containing your config.yml, thank you[/quote]

Sry edited it and uploaded my config as .txt file.
    --- merged: Jan 24, 2011 6:26 PM ---
    Ahhh im confused of this forum ^^
    Sry im new here.
    Okay now with pastbin:

http://pastebin.com/5yfijpJc

like i said, jar and the folder are in the plugin folder, worked finde before the new 1.9.

greetz

12. Offline

Nijikokun

http://pastebin.com/diff.php?i=hfGeDsVw

Bunch of spacing issues, unnecessary inheritance, and capitols used. This one works ^ it's the difference to show you how its done.

You had information in the wrong places, two things weren't single quoted: http://pastebin.com/diff.php?i=5uEtc3iv

Also, another one is that moderator inheritance is not needed and ignored if the '*' is flagged: http://pastebin.com/diff.php?i=zDAR9QyN

13. Offline

xXFreeekXx

Edit: Nevermind, just directly copied your correction (which included proper spacing), now working. Cheers!

14. Offline

Krasus88

Thx Plugin is starting again :)

But the Prefix is not showed, why is that?

15. Offline

Erbros

Any idea why none of the myhome commands work for the groups Default and Moderator? =)

http://pastebin.com/TnYNSd05

I have tried just printing the whole permission string like 'myhome.home.basic.home', and it works, but I don't want to mess up my config with writing lines upon lines of permissions when 1 line can do the trick.

16. Offline

kenny

Lets try agian with more info....haha problem /pr dont reload , people on essencials able to execute kick tp /i etc

Permissions config
    http://pastebin.com/TwQcgfQs

File Structure
    minecraft/worldguard
    minecraft/world edit
    minecraft/Permissions/config.yml
    minecraft/essentials
    minecraft/craftscripts
    WorldGuard.jar
    WorldEdit.jar
    SpawnMob.jar
    Permissions.jar
    Hotswap.jar
    Essentials.jar

17. Offline

Nijikokun

Look for iChat for prefix/suffix usage.

http://pastebin.com/diff.php?i=zFNatkWL

You don't have any permissions related to mywarp in your configuration file. that's why.

18. Offline

Mhalkyer

@Nijikokun Did you see the converter application I wrote for yoooou? I thought it might help ppl migrate to your plugin =)

Any chance of CraftBukkit using Permissions for /kick, /ban, /stop, /save, etc..?

19. Offline

Nijikokun

If someone makes a mod for it, it would work. And yes I saw it :]

20. Offline

Mhalkyer

21. Offline

Erbros

I don't use MyWarp, I have only installed the MyHome plugin. And as it says on the MyHome plugin page:

"For simple set-up, give your users 'myhome.home.*'
    and your moderators 'myhome.*' (includes myhome.admin and myhome.home.*)"

http://pastebin.com/TnYNSd05

22. Offline

Waffletastic

@achmed
    It seems like you have been having the same problem as me, did you ever fix it? If so if you could help me out, I would give you like anything.

23. Offline

ImTheBuilder

Niijko How Do i Add Colours Im New To Permissions Btw You Great At Plugin's Love Yah <3 :D

24. Offline

Waffletastic

25. Offline

Kegan187

This is literally does nothing right for me. Permissions don't work, name colors don't either. I think it might have to do with me being on a CentOS 5 OS, I think its the same as linix, so any help would be appreciated!

26. Offline

Erbros

Go to your plugin folder, then into Permissons folder and open the config.yml file and edit the Prefix (if you want the name to have another color) or the Suffix (if you want the text to be another color) of the group (perhaps users also, but i dont know) you wish to have another color.

Prefix: '&2'
    Suffix: '&4'

Check all color codes here.

27. Offline

Jobsti

And angain:

Some basic help

Soooo, so many questions about the same.... many users won't read the last pages, so read this please.
    I will link this post sometimes.

Basics:
    Use: http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com to check and correct your configs!
    If this page says error, you have to find the error by yourself!
    First, try to test the plugin with default settings/configs. Error-> Restart Server. Error -> look in the Forum, redownload and try again.
    If you have to edit the cfg that the plugin will start/cause no errors, then do this first, but with minimal settings.
    ..... Don't work? Check your inheritance and there can only be ONE default group!

If you want to post your Error, post your Permissions Config, PluginConfig and Errorlog via Pastebin
    (With pastebin, you only post a link, no code-spamming the Forum, and it has the correct format)
    Post you Craftbukkit build number and your plugin version!

Default users can build, help me:
    Look in the first post, you need AntiBuild

PREFIX, COLORS, HELP ME OUT!!!!!!!!
    Want to do this:
    [​IMG]
    Look in the first post, you need iChat
    I use:
    In the iChat config:
    message-format: '+prefix+name: +suffix+message'

Prefix and Suffix in the permission config:
    prefix: '&1[&3Admin&1]&2'
    suffix: '&4'

result:
    [Admin]Jobsti: My Chattexts
    In prefix, I can add Color for the prefix, the prefixtext and the nickname-color.
    In Suffix, I can edit the Chatcolor

@ALL
    You have to add "message-format:...." to the iChat config by yourself, or you will get an error in the ServerConsole!

If you have an error, that you get alltimes "no permission.... [see picture]", but command works?
    Check out all your plugins! (my waste producer was the mute plugin, first version.)

You can reload the permissions with /pr to test your prefixex, BUT you have to restart the server, if you change the iChat config.

Link this post please

28. Offline

Kegan187

sorry, but I am too lazy to read 39 pages of text xD

29. Offline

Sejus

To change people into mods or admins, do I have to go to the config file and change it like:
    Code:
        1242153:
            group: Owner
            permissions:
            - '*'
    then reload the plugin, or is there like a command for it.

30. Offline

Kegan187

Wait, error log? Plugins config? I have no idea where to find those, unless you mean Server Log and Server.properties.

31. Offline

Mhalkyer

I'm running CentOS also and I have this running fine. Try this:
    1. Download Permissions.jar and iChat.jar
    2. Put them in your plugins folder
    3. Once they run they'll create their own folders in the plugins folder with config.yml files
    4. Edit the Permissions/config.yml file with Notepad++ and follow the format in the OP
    5. If you have trouble verify your yml file is valid with: YML Parser
    6. If you still have trouble, post any errors you have by copying it from server.log and paste it into PasteBin
    7. Post the pastebin link here
    8. Have a nice day [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.