Solved PermissionsEX 'permssions.yml' Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ShadeyWolf294, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ShadeyWolf294

[torch] Hi,[torch]
    I had recently made permissions in the permssions.yml file, and checked everywhere to see if it was correct. Everything I gathered so far, apparently it looked good.
    But for some reason, It's not working on my server... Any help please? Thanks.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/erzpwn7njm0c5lx/permissions.yml?dl=0

2. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Could you use pastebin. I don't like downloading random files onto my computer.

tcvs likes this.
  3. Offline

ShadeyWolf294

4. Offline

tcvs

ShadeyWolf294 Do you get an error when trying to load the plugin. If it is not working usually you will get a message from PermissionEX

5. Offline

ShadeyWolf294

No, I don't For Some Reason.... I don't exactly know why but I use my friends as 'test subjects' and they say they cant do anything... tcvs

6. Offline

JaguarJo

ShadeyWolf294 You're using 2 different spacing structures when you should be using only one (4 space indents in your groups section but 2 space indents in the users section). Choose whether you want to do 2 or 4 space indents and make sure you stay consistent.

In groups that have no permissions listed under the permissions section, you should add brackets like this:
    Code:
    groups:
        Wanderer:
            permissions: []
            worlds:
                world:
                    permissions:
                    - modifyworld.chat
    Make sure there is a space between the colon and the bracket.

Last thing, did you move to PermissionsEx from another permissions plugin? I was not aware that PEX added a messages section. Please double-check that these lines belong in your file, since yours is the first PEX file I've seen to contain something like this.
    Code:
            prohibitedItem: You have prohibited item "%s".
            whitelist: You are not allowed to join this server. Goodbye!
            permissionDenied: Sorry, you don't have enough permissions.

7. Offline

ShadeyWolf294

JaguarJo Sorry, I didn't really understand the first bit with the spacing structure, could you explain that again for me please? But in a simpler way. Additionally, I did understand the brackets bit. Anyway, with the messages, I didn't really add that to anything, I think it was already in the permissions file? But otherwise, I have actually no idea where that came from. XD

8. Offline

JaguarJo

ShadeyWolf294 Okay, the spacing thing. This is how 4-space spacing looks:
    Code:
    groups:
        Wanderer:
            worlds:
                world:
                    permissions:
                    - modifyworld.chat
    This is how 2-space spacing looks:
    Code:
    groups:
      Wanderer:
        worlds:
          world:
            permissions:
            - modifyworld.chat
    It's the number of spaces that you use to indent with. How your file is right now, the first half has large indentations and the second half has small indents. They should match and all be of the same type.

9. Offline

ShadeyWolf294

Oh Ok! Thank you so much! I'll report back if it hasn't worked, but if it has, Thanks a billion JaguarJo

JaguarJo Hi! I just tested my Server by myself not yet with my 'Test Subjects' But it appears that the Prefix bit has suddenly disappeared? Here is the edited file, Any help please? Thanks again.
    http://pastebin.com/t805u03V

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  10. Offline

JaguarJo

11. Offline

ShadeyWolf294

Ok, Thank you for all your help so far with this! :) I shall report back soon

JaguarJo WAHOO! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP! But, before I get hyper and happy about it, i need to test it with my 'Test Subjects' which will probably be in GBT: Morning or Afternoon. Thanks a bunch!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  12. Offline

tcvs

ShadeyWolf294 If you could park this thread as solved that would save people time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.