PermissionsEX Problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Mineacer, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mineacer

Hi guys,

I recently decided to clear up my messy PEX file. Doing so, I deleted a group I no longer wanted. I made another group below it (in terms of ranking) the default group. This 'Player' group that I deleted contained a lot of users. With sleep-deprived thinking, this completely skipped my mind. Most of the users now have no prefix/suffix or permissions, and their group simply seemed to disappear in-game.

I have a few fixes ontop of my mind that may resolve this problem:

- renaming the default group to 'Player' ? (this would read the users previously in the Player group still under the group Player, and would read off this new group?)
    - a command that can move all users in one group to another?

Any suggestions or ideas would be deeply appreciated,
    Mineacer.

2. Offline

Ajakks

Mineacer
    Well the actual group name in the PEX doesn't necessarily have to reflect anything specific. you can just make the new group the same name, but with different perms, prefix, suffix, etc.

So if you have Group 1, Group 2, and Group 3, and you delete Group 1 and replace it with a Group A, then all the players in Group 1 now have no group right? Group A has differen perms, prefix, suffiix etc, (which would be why you added the group). So now that Group A is different from Group 1, you can just rename your new 'Group A' to 'Group 1'. It doesn't matter what they are called except for coding purposes when you refer to that group.

You could have your 'Default' group called 'Owner' but the prefix would still be '<Guest>' or whatever you made it and they would still not have the '*' perm node unless you gave it to them. The only time it really matters is if someone uses the /list command. But in essentials.config (If you use essentials, which btw works great with PEX) you can manipulate the /list command to pretty much show things however you want.

I hope that helps. I know I'm not very clear sometimes when i type lol. If you have more questions, post in 'code' or 'pastebin' your PEX file so we can see what you're talking about

Mineacer likes this.
  3. Offline

Ajakks

Mineacer
    sooo.... did that fix the issue you were having?? or.. no?

4. Offline

Mineacer

Yeah, I was really sleepy at that time..

All I had to do was rename 'default' to 'player' and it worked.

Sorry for not responding :(

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.