Physical Region Protection

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by bossomeness, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bossomeness

Name: PhysicalRegions

Category: Mechanics, Anti-Griefing Tools

Description: I would like a plugin that allows users to protect a region without the use of commands. Players should be able to build small towers (no bigger than 1x1x4) on each corner of the region. The region does not have to be square, but it can't have any slanted sides. In order to "link" these towers together to protect the area, a certain item (confirgurable, default: blaze rod) must be used to right click the towers to add them as a corner of the region. The Y coordinate should not matter when making these towers because the protection should be bedrock to sky.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Simplified steps:
    1. Find area to build on.
    2. Build towers marking the corners of whatever shape and size region you want to create. Make sure none of the lines between the towers are slanted.
    3. Use a blaze rod to right click each corner IN ORDER to create this shape. Make sure you right click the tower you started from.
    4. Use various commands to share with friends.
    Note: If it's too difficult/time consuming to make a whole separate system for protecting land, I'd like this to hook into Residence. In other words, this would basically be a plugin to create Residences more creatively.

Commands: I don't care what the commands are, as long as they allow players to set certain flags, like container use, player entry, mob spawning, pvp, building rights, etc. There should also be commands to add people to the region/allow full access.

Permissions: Whatever permissions you think are necessary for the commands. I'd like the basic region protection and some flag usage to be enabled for the player by default.

2. Offline

bossomeness

3. Offline

MisterErwin

bossomeness
    I'll try my best :)
    But one question: What is the max distance between two "torchtowers"?

€: And are ppl allowed to break their "landmarks" after creating a region?

bossomeness likes this.
  4. Offline

bossomeness

Thanks MisterErwin
    I think the max distance between two towers should be 50 blocks by default, but this should be configurable. And if a tower is broken/destroyed, that region is removed. They have to keep these towers in order to keep the region. Whether or not the towers can be destroyed by other players should be configurable.

5. Offline

bossomeness

MisterErwin Just wondering if there's any progress on this. Or if you think it's manageable. Thanks again!

6. Offline

MisterErwin

bossomeness
    I basicly did the region protection.
    The only problem atm is the n-shape to a box algorithm... And an exam last week
    But I'll continue/finish it most likely today,tomorrow or Tuesday

7. Offline

bossomeness

MisterErwin Thanks! Oh ok, it's fine. I'm looking forward to it!

8. Offline

MisterErwin

bossomeness I'm sorry for the delay, but I got a nasty essay for tomorrow...
    But I'll finish the GUI tomorrow (after the essay :p) and upload it most likely after that.

9. Dude you can let me see the code ? I wanna see how you did it ... Plox !

10. Offline

bossomeness

MisterErwin That's fine! I understand that struggle with with essays. :p Thanks!

11. Offline

MisterErwin

12. Offline

bossomeness

MisterErwin Thank you so much! I'll go test it out right now!

Edit: Testing it right now. It works very well!

Edit2: Could you add some entry/farewell message when a player enters or leaves a region? Something like: "Welcome to bossomeness's land!" and "You are now leaving bossomeness's land."

13. Offline

MisterErwin

bossomeness
    Okay - and playerEntry does not work yet :)

14. Offline

bossomeness

MisterErwin Ok thanks! And I don't think that matters right now. And would you be interested in making a Bukkit Dev page for it? I think a lot of people would use this plugin. :)

15. Offline

MisterErwin

bossomeness Aw... I think it won't get aproved atm, b/c the decompiler was/is bugged.

But - why not :)

16. Offline

bossomeness

MisterErwin Thanks! I could help with documentation if you needed.

17. Offline

sebdomsan54

Woot yay for stalking post i have been watching this in pray for this to come trough
    (how ever its not working at all and im geting a error <-- click here

18. Offline

MisterErwin

sebdomsan54 What version of bukkit are you using?
    I have a feeling that error occurs b/c bossomeness & me are using a "patched" - I'll upload a fix for that as soon as I'm back from school

19. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

20. Offline

MisterErwin

timtower I guess it's b/c we are using a patched bukkit (spigot) - I forgot to test it w/ bukkit

21. Offline

sebdomsan54

Using the last 1.7.10 build before bukkit had to shutdown

22. Offline

23. Offline

MisterErwin

sebdomsan54 I (re)uploaded the file. You can consider it a fail on my side :)

24. Offline

sebdomsan54

That was it I wasn't gana make him read the whole log if I found it and thats all it said regarding his plugin

Nha its difficult atm with the distribution of bukkit not there

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  25. Offline

Having the entire log is easier then having 3 lines that just tell that there is an error, they don't tell what.
    So: when somebody asks for a log when you say that you have an error: then just post the entire thing.
    Since when is a coding mistake related to Bukkit not being 100%?

26. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Since april 1st I think.

27. Offline

MisterErwin

28. Offline

sebdomsan54

29. Offline

bossomeness

sebdomsan54 Try using Spigot.

*gasp*
    "He said it!"
    "I can't believe it!"
    "Such a profound statement!"
    "What's going to happen to him for such a felony?"
    "Most likely something very serious."
    *bossomeness kneels on ground and begs almighty admin to not punish him for blasphemy*

30. Offline

MisterErwin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.