PlayerInteractEvent

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by CoDGuardian, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CoDGuardian

Basically, I need to know how to get my code to do something when the player left clicks and do something else when he right clicks. I don't know how to do either of these things. I've heard hints towards PlayerInteractEvent, but im not sure how to use it.

2. Offline

javoris767

Code:java
    1. if (event.getAction()== event.getAction().LEFT_CLICK_BLOCK ) {

Code:java
    1. if (event.getAction()== event.getAction().RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK ) {

Something like this I guess.

3. Offline

EnvisionRed

Code:
    @EventHandler
    public void clickHandler(PlayerInteractEvent event){
    Action action = event.getAction();
    if ((action == Action.LEFT_CLICK_AIR) || (action == Action.LEFT_CLICK BLOCK)) {
    //do stuff for left click.
    }
    if ((action == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR) || (action == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK)) {
    //do stuff for right click.
    }
    }

4. Offline

javoris767

or that ^ xD

5. Offline

CoDGuardian

Oh thank you. And one more question, if i were trying to make a fireball shoot when a person left clicks, how could i do that? I tried the launchProjectile() method but it blows up instantly, whereas i want mine to fly through the air where ever i am looking. I also tried doing getWorld().spawn(loc,Fireball.class), where loc is my location, however i can't figure out how to set the direction of the fireball.

Also LEFT_CLICK... and RIGHT_CLICK don't seem like valid things. Unless i don't have the right import?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  6. Offline

EnvisionRed

So import it.

7. Offline

CoDGuardian

I just tried but it doesn't work. I did import org.bukkit.Action.*; but it says it cannot be resolved.

8. Offline

EnvisionRed

org.bukkit.Action is an enum, not a package so just import org.bukkit.Action

9. Offline

CoDGuardian

You just said to import the same thing? If you mean do just "import org.bukkit.Action;" i tried that too but same result.

10. Offline

EnvisionRed

Nope. You imported org.bukkit.Action.* which cannot be resolved because org.bukkit.Action isn't a package and has no subclasses to import.
    Action is an Enumerator. The import is org.bukkit.event.block.Action;

Sorry if I mislead you for the org.bukkit.Action thing. I thought you had done some research and weren't just pulling imports out of a hat.

11. Offline

CoDGuardian

Oh ok well i added the import but it still says LEFT_CLICK_AIR and the others cannot be resolved.

12. Offline

EnvisionRed

Do you have it as
    Code:
    Action.LEFT_CLICK_AIR
    or
    Code:
    LEFT_CLICK_AIR
    ?
    There is a difference.

13. Offline

CoDGuardian

Action.LEFT_CLICK_AIR. What's the difference?

14. Offline

Bobfan

Make sure you aren't accidentally importing javax.swing.Action, because I did that and it interfered with the import org.bukkit.action.block.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.