Please help me [Help need]

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Heirteir, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Heirteir

So as I look though the javadoc of vault I notice no addSecondaryGroup() Method so how would i go about adding a secondary group to a player on my group manager?
    like let me explain.
    There is Primary and secondary groups in groupmanager.
    vault on has addPrimaryGroup();
    How would i go about making a addSecondaryGroup();
    ?
    I need this for a plugin i working on please!
    post me to where you see it on javadoc if i missed or explaination below/ showing solution for me to learn off of please!

Thank you!
    Heirteir

Please help

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  2. Offline

Minecrafter_NL

is that a function in groupmanager?
    I didn't knew you could have 2 groups for 1 player :/

If you really can't find it you can always just dispatch the command from groupmanager to do it

3. Offline

Heirteir

Minecrafter_NL
    I looked through the java docs of Groupmanager and I found nothing :/
    Yes you can set 2 groups even 75 there is there primary group then there secondary group(s)

Also how do i make Groupmanager dispatch a command can i have a link to a video/javadoc/ or an example below so I can learn please.

Thanks for helping me man!

4. Offline

Minecrafter_NL

Bukkit.getServer().dispatchCommand(Bukkit.getServer.getConsoleSender(), "cmdhere");

This will run the command ''/cmdhere''.

5. Offline

BrushPainter

Heirteir
    Code:java
    1. Bukkit.dispatchCommand(Bukkit.getConsoleSender(), "manuaddsub " + player + " subGroupNameHere");

6. Offline

Heirteir

7. Offline

BrushPainter

Heirteir No problem, by the way using dispatchCommand() will save you so much time, so before using an API check if you can use that first.

8. Offline

Heirteir

BrushPainter
    Actually i am going to need to hook groupmanager to my plugin but i don't know how to do that :/ so im gonna have to post a thread i that I know it's possible and it would make it so much easier for me to carry out what I need to do thanks for the help though!

9. Offline

BrushPainter

Heirteir Why do you have to hook into it?

10. Offline

Heirteir

BrushPainter
    because I need to check to see if they have the subgroup or not and i need to have more flexibility that Vault isn't giving me with groupmanager :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.