[Plugin] Make Your Own Block + Ore + Item [No Client Needed]

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TrustCraft, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TrustCraft

Before you roll your little eyes, I want you to know that I worked very hard on this. If you say it is fake I will cut your head off because it most defiantly is not.

Feel free to make some suggestions. I will not release this until I can ensure to my highest ability that it works 100%

NOTE: Bug#1 When in the nether, obsidian can hurt you. #oddbug

Archarin likes this.
  2. Offline

evilmidget38

I don't think anyone will believe you until you release source code, or provide a link for them to connect to.

3. Offline

TrustCraft

It is on a local host server if you did not catch the IP in the beginning of the video. Still, I said I will release when I am sure it works.

4. Offline

Cirno

Question. If this isn't fake, how did you get a custom icon in? That's surely impossible without some form of Client mod (that includes Spout). It's also impossible to change the name of an item or creating one. And why won't you at least release the source code? Custom items are impossible without some form of client-side or server-side mod. And what I mean by server-side is manually editing the class files in CraftBukkit.

5. Offline

Slayer9x9

I don't think this is possible without Spout.

Might I add I have strong feelings against OP's post:
    1) Wrong section to post this. You should have posted this, along with a download link and Git source link in the Plugin Submissions
    2) Lack of source code = fake unless proven otherwise.
    3) Given your low post count, I doubt you made this yourself if it is indeed real.
    4) If you bothered to make a post like this, at least provide exactly how you managed to do this given the nature of this section - to help others code as well.

Forgive my cynical attitude, but this is the internet after all.

MrBluebear3 and jtjj222 like this.
  6. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

So custom blocks, tools, items, and icons...no client mods? There's only one way this can be legit, MAYBE:

Dem infections ferr dem fancy cash registers (computers)

Datdenkikniet and Hoolean like this.
  7. Offline

TrustCraft

I do tend to ignore half of the hate comments. If you would not let your minds become so twisted by mainstream thinking, you would know this is very easy to make.

8. Offline

Cirno

This isn't mainstream thinking. This is realistic thinking. Oh and, if this is so easy to make, why was this never made before?

Archarin, Levi2241, Hoolean and 7 others like this.
  9. Offline

CorrieKay

Uh... Im gonna go ahead and jump on the "source please" train.

I dont see any way this can be possible with just plugins.

10. Offline

Slayer9x9

Well then, please provide proof via source code.
    This is the concept of "burden of proof" - the one making the claim is obligated to provide evidence.
    Also, to my understanding, all the replies to your post are not hate comments, they are simply asking for proof and expressing out skeptical thoughts.

jtjj222 likes this.
  11. Offline

Cirno

h31ix
    I believe you were looking for this?

12. Offline

Taco

Source code or it's fake. Very simple. Even hints at how you pulled this off would be more proof than what you've provided.

13. Offline

nala3

14. Offline

Jade

This is easily fake. I'm giggling. Obsidian Tools are a mod.

15. Offline

Taco

Just a shot in the dark here, but could this possibly be the mod he used?
    - Link removed -
    Edit: Ah not that one, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

16. Offline

CorrieKay

OT: Ooooh, nice new avatar!

17. Offline

TrustCraft

Why would I give out the source to something this revolutionary? If it "hasn't been done before" why would I give it out as soon as I figure it out. Go modify the RecipeManager and craftbukkit.jar. I can not express my frustration levels if I were to just "give" this away. I have said i will release it when I know it is 100% done.

Archarin likes this.
  18. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

Oh um....THIS Has been done before! I remember, that who did it...and added those cool tool things with that stuff...yeah it's been done!

source pl0x

19. Offline

Cirno

... you just said, you modified craftbukkit.jar.
    That is a mod...

timtower and JazzaG like this.
  20. Offline

CorrieKay

You dont need to give us the source code. Just point us in the right direction so we'd have SOMETHING to go on to believe you.

That said, modifying bukkit is technically a mod, not a plugin. I know you dont technically need a clientside mod to run a craftbukkit mod, but its most definitely not a plugin.

To address your OP, you ask for suggestions.

Suggestions for what? We have no idea how this thing runs, and you already have a goal, to make custom tools and blocks without mods. What more could we tell you to do with just a video that could easily have been faked?

Archarin, Gravity and TheGreenGamerHD like this.
  21. Offline

TrustCraft

You are definatly not getting the source. I am not sure if it is human nature to demand things and if they are not received, declare them fake, false, or non-existent. That does not make sense. Innocent until proven guilty, fake until proven otherwise? And the only way to do it is give out the source for this plugin? No.

22. Offline

Taco

Thanks! :D

You in no way proved that your minecraft.jar wasn't modded. This could easily be faked in a number of ways. If you expect people to take you seriously, throw the source on github with the appropriate licensing (to avoid people stealing your work) and then people will believe you.

23. Offline

TrustCraft

I have more video's on the way along with a thread update. You can suggest your own creations and I will make them.

24. Offline

theguynextdoor

Fine, then just tell us the theory behind how you went about doing it. No need to give all your code, what kind of methods did you use? Otherwise you shall continue to be ridiculed due to the fact you go against what has theoretically shown to be impossible without such client mods, your video shows nothing when given with no other information. I shall await to see if what you have put forward is true, but until i get proof, then i am against the idea that this is possible.

25. Offline

OstlerDev

Ok, keep it, let us join, post the IP here so we can see it for ourselves!

ZeusAllMighty11 likes this.
  26. Offline

TrustCraft

What kind of licencing exactly would I need?

27. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

I'd honestly just like to see a new Mob, which is a horse. Just give it the same AI as a pig.

28. Offline

OstlerDev

I will give you root access to my VPS so that you can put the plugin up there and let everyone test it.

29. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

Oh yeah, post your server IP and we can see it? That'll be enough proof

30. Offline

OstlerDev

Creative Commons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.