Plugin Request: Multiple Currencies?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Typical_Name, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Offline

Typical_Name

Whoops, sorry, didn't notice the format template. Editing the thread now:

Plugin category:
    Economy

Suggested name:
    PolIconomy

A bit about me:
    I've just recently become the admin of a server (the original admin is no longer available to do the job), but I barely know anything about the technical aspects. The server is a nation/politics-oriented server, mostly vanilla besides the artificial political constructs and a few basic things like worldguard and iconomy.

What I want:
    I'm trying to find a plugin that works like iconomy, but allows for multiple currency systems to be made instead of one global currency. I figure that monetary policy would be rather hard for individual nations if they were not able to mint their own currencies. Ideally, chestshops could be set up to specify which currency they trade in, and maybe have separate shopchests for currency exchanges.
    I did find one plugin on this site, called MultiCurrency, which looked promising, but unfortunately I doubt it will work with Minecraft 1.2, as the thread it's on hasn't been updated since November 2011. It also had a few problems with it, namely that the system was based on pegging currencies to physical items, which I don't want to do, and that the exchange rates appeared to be fixed, instead of based on what players were willing to pay.

Ideas for commands:
    /currency createnew (currency name)
    - create new currency
    /currency print (currency name) (amount)
    - prints money (should only be able to be accessed by the one who created the currency and those they give permission to, and of course by admins)
    /currency pay (currency name) (username) (amount)
    - sends money to people
    /currency
    - checks amounts in your account of all available currencies
    /currency (currencyname)
    - checks amount in your account of specified currency
    /currency remove (currency name)
    - removes a currency from the market, should only be accessible by admins

Ideas for permissions:
    Specified above; ideally, admins should be able to determine what commands which people can access. Some admins may not, for example, want each and every megalomaniac out there to be able to use /currency createnew, but my idea was that if some random, non-powerful person tried to print their own money, people would realize it was worthless and refuse to trade in it (although having the massive list of currencies to go through for /currency may get tedious, I'll have to think about that...).
    On the other hand, only admins and the creators of the currency should be able to use /currency print, as if just anyone could print money as they pleased, every currency created would almost immediately be inflated to worthlessness. (Having the currency creator and people they appoint be able to print money is fine, so that they are able to control their own inflation.)

When I'd like it by:
    Ideally, it would be available by the time I opened up the server (which will happen after I finish the tutorial area and have Invicti, the admin city, at least partially rebuilt), but realistically I don't expect that to happen. Just have it available when you can, thanks :).

Similar plugin requests:
    Er... I dunno... am I supposed to make similar requests from myself in this space, or is it asking me to list other people who have made requests similar to this one?

Ok, I noticed the template and have updated the thread, sorry about that :).

Is there a way I can change the thread title to indicate that I've formatted the thread now?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. I really like this idea. I messaged you :)

3. Offline

Typical_Name

I hate to necro this thread, but I haven't heard from Wituz in about a month now. Would anyone else like to make this plugin?