Port Forwarding Bug - Working but not working?!?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by nggmc, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nggmc

I've port forwarded numerous times. I follow portforward.com
    In-Fact to this exact link: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F7D2301v1/Minecraft_Server.htm

I don't know what I've done wrong.... The last time I hosted a server was quite a while back however have I missed something?

A few files that may be usefull.....

Batch File:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R4.jar
    PAUSE
    Server.properties
    Code:
    #Minecraft server properties
    #Mon Feb 20 17:29:12 EST 2012
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=Modern MineCraft
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=false
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    online-mode=true
    pvp=true
    difficulty=1
    server-name=Modern MineCraft
    gamemode=0
    max-players=40
    spawn-monsters=true
    generate-structures=true
    view-distance=10
    motd=Has finally returned!

Note: It was working like a few hours ago and I had to re-log onto the server but once I tried it said "Cannot Reach Server"

Thanks in Advance

Additional Information..
    People can connect for the first minute its up and then they can no longer connect after that. So once you log out whilst on the server and the first minute has been completed you can't come back on. "Cant Reach Server" message can be found

Latest Reccomended build of Craftbukkit btw as you see in the batch files code.
    Also here...
    [​IMG]
    It says that rather then host not found
    Then on console it says "/MyIP lost connection"

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. Offline

acetech09

Can you connect locally? If so, then it is probably a bug with your network. Check for typos if need be.

Can you send a plugin list? The problem might be in there.

If you can't connect locally, try creating a new map. There's a slim chance of this being it, but occasionally a corrupted map can do some whacky things to the server, and the server crashes after a few minutes cause the problem chunk isn't loaded till then.

3. Offline

nggmc

How do I connect localy? I've never had to do this before ? Do I just put in my static ip as the ip address?... I believe it has something to do with a NTP as it gives that message in the security log.

4. Offline

acetech09

Do you host the server off of a personal computer that uses minecraft? That's connecting locally. On the server computer, launch minecraft and type 127.0.0.1 in the server browser. Try connecting and see if that works.

Can you list your plugins?

5. Offline

nggmc

The port checker claims that the port is closed. Will plugins interfere with the port?

Thank You for your help so far. Perhaps I could give you the teamviewer details. No I don't host the server my friend hosts it. He is not much of a software or networking type of guy. He just knows allot about specs and all that. Perhaps you could talk to him.

Additional Note: it's hosted from a laptop. Do I need to use his PC to make the port work?

6. Offline

acetech09

Oh. If the port is closed, then it has to do with the router... To be able to do anything with teamviewer, I'd have to have access to the router's port forwarding page and you'd have to be able to read off an IP from his laptop. If ya can do that, PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.