Potion Protect/Easy Protect system

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Evildude221, Nov 10, 2012.

?

Will you try to help?

1. Yes!

40.0%
  2. NO! SCREW OFF!

60.0%
  1. Offline

Evildude221

Plugin category: Anti-Greif

Suggested name: PotionProtect/EasyProtect

What I want: Right now my server runs a existing PotionProtect plugin. However it is very old, very outdated, and has some bugs. I want a plugin where players can buy a potion, or other item and throw it down to claim a area. When they do that it would be nice if fences generated to show the protected land. I am aware that there's precious stones, residence, and factions. But these aren't what I'm looking for.

Ideas for commands: /addfriend /removefriend

Ideas for permissions: claimland.protect

When I'd like it by: End of the year?

I am also aware of the other PotionProtect plugin that has yet to be released. I would like something as soon as possible though.

2. Offline

bryce325

If you would like it to claim a chunk when you throw the potion I believe I can easily have it done in a short time.
    If I were to not include fences I could have it done by tomorrow.
    I am not sure exactly how you would want the fences or how I would do it offhand.

I would like to discuss some of the finer details if you want me to try it :p

3. Offline

Evildude221

Different potions different sizes. Like one potion gives a 10x10 protection, another 20x20, another 40x40... The fences aren't a huge deal but it would be really nice if something generated. Like a border, to show everything in that border is protected.

Thanks for replying! =D I'd be thrilled if you could help!

4. Offline

Mr. Minecraft

I would also love something like this!

5. Offline

bryce325

My proposal is to make potions that claim a chunk 16*16 based on how worlds are already generated.
    Since this makes it easier on me and avoids some nasty things on the players side.
    I could also add super claiming potions that could claim 9 chunks at once as well which would be 48*48 but that is rather big and would be up to you.

Using chunks like this is greatly beneficial for organisation and uses less memory and is easier to use for players since they can't have claimed areas randomly jumbled with uneven edges.

I will probably have a release ready for tomorrow, if you like I could give you the release right away or put it into testing to make sure it is absolutely clean first.

6. Offline

jacklin213

Didn't woppagamin just make a tutorial on a plugin just like this?

7. Offline

Evildude221

Yes but they wont release that plugin to anyone. =/

8. Offline

jacklin213

who wont?

9. Offline

Evildude221

That sounds great! 16x16 is perfect! Can you also limit the 48*48 potion to a certain group? Like permissions? If not its totally fine. And could you possibly add 1 more size? like a 16*16 and a 30*30 then a 48*48 ?

Thanks again for helping! I owe you one!

10. Offline

bryce325

Yes I can restrict the 48*48 to a certain group.
    I could do a 32*32 but where you claim would be a corner of it.

11. Offline

Evildude221

From what i understand it was made for the "LevelUp Minecraft server" so they wont release it publicly. They say they paid to have it created.

Just do whatever you think will work out good then. =)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  12. Offline

bryce325

I thought of something that to me sounds ideal, instead of potions use sponges?
    They could be consumed on use and that means claiming is also more structured as you can distribute those at a price or as you see fit instead of people brewing to get areas to claim.

Haha i feel like I am changing your whole idea >.<
    I am fine if you don't like this idea however.

Also I have started coding this and should be ready in a couple hours ;)

Also how would you like unclaiming done if possible?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  13. Offline

Evildude221

Sponge is not a bad idea. I always kinda thought about the potions being brewed in the back of my mind. We normally sell them at a protection shop.
    The idea is open to change and idea of course lol. Right now i just need something to help get players to protect land.

Unclaiming is very nice to have if you can :)
    And if possible and/or not very hard:
    Ability to add friends to your chunk.
    Maybe something that says when you enter someones chunk, like "you entered player's land"

Is it possible to add a ignore command or permission? So staff can still use sponge without it claiming land? Like a bypass?

14. Offline

bryce325

Alright I have a copy done (took longer than i wanted :p), it has claiming with sponges, unclaiming with command, and bypass with command.

I am waiting for it to authorise, or you could pm me a skype to send it directly to if you want it sooner.

I might add the other thigns later but not right now also I will fix any bugs if you find any right away.

15. Offline

bryce325

16. Offline

Evildude221

17. Offline

bryce325

If you have any problems or wish a change just pm me.

18. Offline

aciid

19. Offline

Evildude221