Pressueplate based teleportation

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Webbeh, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Offline

Webbeh

Hello everyone !

Back in the 1.1 version, I used a plugin that teleported us wherever we wanted to simply by stepping on a pressureplate.

This plugin, called PressurePorts ( https://forums.bukkit.org/threads/i...v1-3-step-on-a-pressure-plate-warp-818.18008/ ), is inactive since a looooong time, and not even listed on dev.bukkit.org anymore, that is why I'm filling this request. Please excuse me if I did wrong.

Plugin category:
    Teleport

Suggested name:
    Pressureport ?

What I wish this plugin could do :
    Mode 1 :
    Place a pressure plate (wood, stone, gold, iron) on a block (configurable would be nice :) ), go to the wanted teleport location and enter a command registering the new location.
    - OR -
    Mode 2 :
    Place a pressure plate on a any block, step on it, use a command to select the plate you are stepping on, go to the wanted teleport location and enter a command registering this location.

In both cases, next time you step on this plate, it would just teleport you to the location you set in the first place (if you have permission to use the pressureport AND permission to access the new location), and show you a message (configurable).

Ideas for commands:
    /selectpp - select the pressureplate you are stepping on
    /setpp - set the teleport location using the default message
    /setpp <message> - set the teleport location using a custom message for this one only

Ideas for permissions:
    <pluginname>.create : Allow user to create a pressureplate-based teleportation
    <pluginname>.use.own : Allow user to use the ones (s)he created
    <pluginname>.use.other : Allow user to use the ones everybody created
    <pluginname>.delete.own : Delete / edit your own pressureports
    <pluginname>.delete.other : Delete / edit others' pressureports

Ideas for configurable options:
    - blocks on which pressureports could be created
    - creation - deletion - teleportation messages (with possibility to disable them if wanted)
    - pressureplates allowed (if you want to allow only gold pressure plates to be used for this)
    - ability to select which mode (1 or 2) you want to use
    - ...ability to set everything of this per-world could be nice too, but REALLY optional

When I'd like it by:
    I'm not stressed in any way, so if somebody would like to do it, I would be happy whatsoever.

Precisions:
    Using mysql is not necessary for me, but I think it could be a good idea if somebody else had the use of this kind of plugin.
    Also, I'm running bukkit for 1.7.5, but would be glad if this plugin had the chance to work on the next builds. I know we can't know for sure, but... would be nice :)
    Lastly, I'd like for the block underneath the pressureplate to be unbreakable unless you destroyed the pressureplate in the first place. This is really optional.

Thank you for your time and patience. Kind regards, Nicolas.

2. Offline

Evildude221

Webbeh

If no one fills this, this could be possible with a warp plugin and variable triggers.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/variabletriggers/

or you could just use any warp plugin and a command block. (I know there's a way to do it with command blocks, some of my admins on my server set them up all over our spawn)

In fact, i think command signs added support for linking commands to pressure plates as well, so you could just use a warp plugin and command signs if you want.

3. Offline

Webbeh

Thanks for replying.

Yes, those are viable options that I already considered, in fact, I'm using pressureplates and commandblocks right now, but the problem is that on one of the maps, there are just too many and it's causing a lot of issues I did not have with pressureport. I counted 2800 commandblocks on that map... Also, some times, when two people are really close to the commandblock, the wrong person gets teleported...

The problem with commandblocks is that it has to check wether a player is in range (with @p ), which, I guess, is faaaar heavier than using the event that is triggered by the player stepping on the pressureplate.

Commandsigns would do the same as using commandblocks, so it's not really useful for me.

I did not know VariableTriggers, but it COULD do the trick for me, assuming it does not increase the load too much. They say it's on a separate thread, perhaps it would work.

Thanks for your answer. Still waiting for that plugin though.

4. Offline

Webbeh

Too soon to bump ?

5. Offline

BetrayedQU

Webbeh You don't need a plugin for this to work. You place a pressure plate, then go down a block and place a Command Block. set the command to
    Code:java
    1. tp @p x y z
    . X = X coordinate, Y = Y coordinate, Z = Z coordinate. @p is the minecraft way to get the closest player using command blocks. Basically, what you are putting in the command block is "teleport closest player to X, Y, Z"

6. Offline

Webbeh

BetrayedQU -> please read the previous posts, thanks.

7. Offline

BetrayedQU

Webbeh Anything already in minecraft, hard coded in, is much faster and less RAM consuming than ANY plugin. Using commandblocks takes less memory to do than a plugin. Even though you have 2800 commandblocks, theoretically using the commandblocks is faster.

8. Offline

Webbeh

That's exactly why it ran smoother when I used the old plugin.

Ram is not an issue for me, and I really believe using an event is lighter than having minecraft to search for a player in a radius of x blocks.

Plus, I still have the annoying wrong people teleported sometimes.